ESPN unable to broadcast UNC-GT | Syracusefan.com

ESPN unable to broadcast UNC-GT

because that makes sense...

now, the people that would have stayed home to watch it on TV just got incentivized to drive out on the ice.

because that makes sense...

now, the people that would have stayed home to watch it on TV just got incentivized to drive out on the ice.

I'm guessing the ESPN crew was unable to make it there. That would suck if this was one of our games.

Oddly enough, this happened with the UNC-GT game in ATL back in 2000 as well.

They opened the doors about an hour before tipoff, and anyone was allowed in -- no matter whether they had a ticket or not.

Given how insanely chaotic the entire city of Atlanta was yesterday through this morning, I'm surprised they didn't postpone the GT-UNC game. Tech didn't have classes today and will not have them tomorrow. I live in Atlanta now, and I've never seen anything like the apocalypse that rained down on this city yesterday. People were stuck on the freeways overnight. I was one of the fortunate ones that made it home in ONLY eight hours and was home by 9:30 p.m. last night. After growing up in Syracuse, I couldn't give over how clueless so many Atlantans were at how to drive on snow-covered roads. So many people thought that once their tires started spinning out the solution was to gun the gas more and more. Didn't help that everyone in Atlanta has lead feet to begin with and hits the gas hard right out of the gate.

Given how insanely chaotic the entire city of Atlanta was yesterday through this morning, I'm surprised they didn't postpone the GT-UNC game. Tech didn't have classes today and will not have them tomorrow. I live in Atlanta now, and I've never seen anything like the apocalypse that rained down on this city yesterday. People were stuck on the freeways overnight. I was one of the fortunate ones that made it home in ONLY eight hours and was home by 9:30 p.m. last night. After growing up in Syracuse, I couldn't give over how clueless so many Atlantans were at how to drive on snow-covered roads. So many people thought that once their tires started spinning out the solution was to gun the gas more and more. Didn't help that everyone in Atlanta has lead feet to begin with and hits the gas hard right out of the gate.
yep, yep, yep...I said the same thing in my posts...a lot of people in big SUV's thought they were invincible and just spun their wheels. Took me over 10 hrs to get home last night / early this morning.

In VaBeach, I get to watch Belmont-Morehead State or VaTech-BC. . . whoop-de-dam-doo!-VBOF

yep, yep, yep...I said the same thing in my posts...a lot of people in big SUV's thought they were invincible and just spun their wheels. Took me over 10 hrs to get home last night / early this morning.
if they had blizzaks theyd be ok

but who has them on down there?

if they had blizzaks theyd be ok

but who has them on down there?

Everyone has blizzaks up here, and they were useless last week when it rained and the roads turned to ice

That sounds like utter misery and insanity! We all know how the first inch or two of snow can often be the slickest, and most dangerous. When I first lived in North Carolina, I mocked their crazy fear of snow and how they canceled things, but then a school bus slid on ice and crashed, and kids were killed, and I will never mock again.

Glad you all made it home. My sis-in-law is in Atlanta now, trying to get on a plane and she was sent home from the airport.

Anybod have UMass-Bonnies available? That game looks like a rock fight (on paper)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom