Everybody stinks | Syracusefan.com

Everybody stinks

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
This isn't a one player or just an offense or defense problem. The entire product is awful. I don't care how many points Judah scored either. He does not make anyone else better. There is not one positive to take from today.

This isn't a one player or just an offense or defense problem. The entire product is awful. I don't care how many points Judah scored either. He does not make anyone else better. There is not one positive to take from today.

Can’t disagree with that. We’ve been bad both games against top 10 teams. We’ve seen a few runs but too few and too far apart. Not giving up though. We have some talent and in both games there were times in the 2nd halves when we were right there. We need to be a better TEAM.

I mean the worst part is if you take a mediocre, but not great Syracuse team, say 07-08. No one on this team is worth even having on those teams, much less a good Syracuse team. It’s honestly pathetic the lack of talent. I was as big of a cuse fan as anyone for many years but I can’t even do it anymore man, and it doesn’t even make me mad, it’s just sad/depressing.

A huge issue that honestly should have been fixed immediately. That is definitely on coaching.
This is all on coaching. Red called ZERO plays when the ball was coming up the court (at least in the 30 minutes I watched) that is all on him.

The talent is subpar, the coaching is questionable, whatever we are doing offensively is not good, shooting is awful, rebounding, defense, and yadda yadda yadda.

How long are we going to get the excuses that it's early, that these are "JB's players", that we always expected to struggle in Hawaii and so on?

Red does not look capable, he just doesn't. Maybe he is, but thus far, we have seen little semblance of any offensive plays or improvement in the half court. We can't get the ball in bounds under the hoop. We stand around and do nothing. Defense is just a mess. I was hoping he'd come in and command this to be different, but it's not. Nothing has changed other than playing MTM instead of zone.

This team has no shot at the Tourney and getting 15 wins will be a struggle. This isn't some young and talented team that needs to find itself. There are no freshmen. The problem is 100% a lack of talent and thus far, coaching. Until there is MAJOR roster turnover, we aren't getting better. It's pretty clear this won't be good enough.

does Red still think he's an assistant coach?
It's not just going through the motions - and also shows how difficult it is at other programs when they change coaches.
But my goodness - this was awful.

Red does not look capable, he just doesn't. Maybe he is, but thus far, we have seen little semblance of any offensive plays or improvement in the half court. We can't get the ball in bounds under the hoop. We stand around and do nothing. Defense is just a mess. I was hoping he'd come in and command this to be different, but it's not. Nothing has changed other than playing MTM instead of zone.
5 games.

We are spoiled.

We got to watch a guy on the sidelines who was one of the best in the business over an approximately 20 year span (~1996 to ~2016).

It took JB 20 years to get to that point.

Not saying Red will be a great coach, good coach, bad coach or terrible coach.

But the only thing that will tell us that is time - time measured in seasons not games.

Of course, JB's 4th game was also against the 7th ranked team in the country except he won that game...on the road no less...

And that same season JB did play Tennessee when they were ranked 7th in the country except he won that game too...

so...maybe you are onto something...LOL...

CoachRedMustGo.com LOL...

Last edited:
The talent is subpar, the coaching is questionable, whatever we are doing offensively is not good, shooting is awful, rebounding, defense, and yadda yadda yadda.

How long are we going to get the excuses that it's early, that these are "JB's players", that we always expected to struggle in Hawaii and so on?

This team has no shot at the Tourney and getting 15 wins will be a struggle. This isn't some young and talented team that needs to find itself. There are no freshmen. The problem is 100% a lack of talent and thus far, coaching. Until there is MAJOR roster turnover, we aren't getting better. It's pretty clear this won't be good enough.
It has been a grand total of 5 games. A little early for the pitch forks. It is early. And it is JB's team. I have not been impressed with Red so far but fair is fair.

I don't really agree with the thread title. I know we don't have the overall talent yet. There's no discipline on offense or defense. I was hoping to see improvement game to game with rebounding, switching, help defense and ball movement on offense. Yet, there has not been anything. We make runs by gambling and going with the old iso ball. This should be a concern. Either the players aren't buying in or Red isn't holding them accountable. Either way it's on Red so far and I stress so far.

I get these aren't his players, but we see many coaches do more with less. Plus, Red recruited many of them.

Can’t disagree with that. We’ve been bad both games against top 10 teams. We’ve seen a few runs but too few and too far apart. Not giving up though. We have some talent and in both games there were times in the 2nd halves when we were right there. We need to be a better TEAM.
Absolutely focus on your very last word.....TEAM. We need that focus now! No one gives a crap whether or not Judah gets his 20 points, as a team leader make the team go!

I don't really agree with the thread title. I know we don't have the overall talent yet. There's no discipline on offense or defense. I was hoping to see improvement game to game with rebounding, switching, help defense and ball movement on offense. Yet, there has not been anything. We make runs by gambling and going with the old iso ball. This should be a concern. Either the players aren't buying in or Red isn't holding them accountable. Either way it's on Red so far and I stress so far.

I get these aren't his players, but we see many coaches do more with less. Plus, Red recruited many of them.
They might be able to win games in the future with good coaching, but everyone absolutely stunk today. That was awful.

It has been a grand total of 5 games. A little early for the pitch forks. It is early. And it is JB's team. I have not been impressed with Red so far but fair is fair.
Fair or not Red is getting criticized because a good portion of the fans consider him a continuation of JB which many predicted.

Some very basic things are screwed up right now. Inbounds plays, players complaining on every call and not hustling back, players not sharing the ball, players taking bad/ forced shots, terrible offensive sets, no boxing out, no switching up defenses, strange rotations. I think we have plenty of talent but this so far is one of the worst disciplined SU teams I have seen on so many levels. I’ll give it time but not very optimistic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom