Ewwww. The Worst of Syracuse gear. | Syracusefan.com

Ewwww. The Worst of Syracuse gear.

DoubleDee

All American
Hard to believe it wasn’t that long ago, no one had gear on at a game. Harder to believe anyone would ever have worn some of the crap you can find out there, particularly older stuff. This is a place to share your finds. I’ll start.
910AB538-5062-4044-82AF-0643041AEC21.jpeg
34FBBA46-EF18-4351-A7D8-78EF967E1FC2.jpeg
46754AE3-D97D-469C-B8D8-AA38C801D417.jpeg

The first one is very 90s. I find that SU is too liberal with their licensing. There's a lot of stuff that I wouldn't wear.

I had a Bugs Bunny SU ballcap when I was in school in the early 90s, and it was fresh, dope and fly.

So the first 2 items here were perfectly fine to wear in their day, and work now as retro gear.

Of course the answer here is anything that featured this logo in the mid-2000s...

syracuse-logo.gif

This reminds me of the discussions they have in England about heritage-protected architecture. They have some fantastically ugly architecture that is protected from demolition because it's a good representation of the architectural style of that time. So...

Dunelm1.jpg
=
m_636b5de7eb7e7aa7593f35dd.jpeg

1960s British architecture = 1990s Cuse apparel

It's who we are.

The first one is very 90s. I find that SU is too liberal with their licensing. There's a lot of stuff that I wouldn't wear.
I find it just the opposite. Some of it is crap, but then the really nice stuff even from nike isn't available for SU when you want it. But you can get a Lego style dome with the whole floor is the basketball court. Who signed off on that?

This reminds me of the discussions they have in England about heritage-protected architecture. They have some fantastically ugly architecture that is protected from demolition because it's a good representation of the architectural style of that time. So...

Dunelm1.jpg
=
m_636b5de7eb7e7aa7593f35dd.jpeg

1960s British architecture = 1990s Cuse apparel

It's who we are.
You sure that isn't the rooftop of Illick?

I find it just the opposite. Some of it is crap, but then the really nice stuff even from nike isn't available for SU when you want it. But you can get a Lego style dome with the whole floor is the basketball court. Who signed off on that?
I keep checking to see if they’ve licensed Ebbetts Field Flannels, which has some really nice vintage collegiate themed gear and is made in the US. Alas nothing yet.

I had a Bugs Bunny SU ballcap when I was in school in the early 90s, and it was fresh, dope and fly.

So the first 2 items here were perfectly fine to wear in their day, and work now as retro gear.

Of course the answer here is anything that featured this logo in the mid-2000s...

syracuse-logo.gif
I had a light blue and orange hat with this logo. My favorite hat ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom