Ex Hoya Michael Graham Pulls $1million Lotto Ticket | Syracusefan.com

Ex Hoya Michael Graham Pulls $1million Lotto Ticket

kingtidge

All American
What good karma did this ever create to deserve this?

Never thought I could dislike him more... until now.

Grow up.
images

He should give half to Jody Sylvester. :mad:

It was actually Patrick Ewing's ticket, but he couldn't read it

Maybe you don't know the history of this crapola thrown at Ewing so just in case, I'm going to give you some history. I was there, so I know this first-hand. In 1981, when Ewing was a freshman, all of 18 years old, this same was thrown his way in the most mean-spirited, hurtful manner possible. It stemmed from a letter that Mike Jarvis, his high school coach, had written to some 150 schools explaining that Ewing would need tutoring and other assistance in college but that he was a good student and would work hard. What followed, predictably, were the "Ewing Can't Read" signs at games. Now, I'm as big a GTown hater as there is, and have hated them relentlessly since the BE began, but what Ewing was taunted with then, along with all the racial overtones that went with it, was awful. And, it was more than 40 years ago. Give it a rest. I don't know you, so it's not personal, but for you to perpetuate this crap at Ewing all these years later isn't exactly cool. Turns out, he's got a degree in Fine Arts, btw.

So, Michael Graham just used up all the good Hoya Mojo for the next 15 years. Awesome.

Maybe you don't know the history of this crapola thrown at Ewing so just in case, I'm going to give you some history. I was there, so I know this first-hand. In 1981, when Ewing was a freshman, all of 18 years old, this same was thrown his way in the most mean-spirited, hurtful manner possible. It stemmed from a letter that Mike Jarvis, his high school coach, had written to some 150 schools explaining that Ewing would need tutoring and other assistance in college but that he was a good student and would work hard. What followed, predictably, were the "Ewing Can't Read" signs at games. Now, I'm as big a GTown hater as there is, and have hated them relentlessly since the BE began, but what Ewing was taunted with then, along with all the racial overtones that went with it, was awful. And, it was more than 40 years ago. Give it a rest. I don't know you, so it's not personal, but for you to perpetuate this crap at Ewing all these years later isn't exactly cool. Turns out, he's got a degree in Fine Arts, btw.
Ewing understood about four words in the paragraph.

totally kidding.

But I don't feel bad he can't read... he has acclimated more wealth than I ever will... He can't read, I confuse colors (apparently), we all have our deficiencies.

Lighten up. Ewing, like those other hoyas, was a thug. Was the taunting mean. Of course. maybe you missed his esteemed coach giving the throat slash sign at thye last G-town game in D.C.. Maybe you missed the lottery winner and his punches. I didn't.

Ewing understood about four words in the paragraph.

totally kidding.

But I don't feel bad he can't read... he has acclimated more wealth than I ever will... He can't read, I confuse colors (apparently), we all have our deficiencies.

Perhaps he uses the language better than you just did...you don't "acclimate" wealth, you "accumulate" wealth. The can't read thing, enough already.

Lighten up. Ewing, like those other hoyas, was a thug. Was the taunting mean. Of course. maybe you missed his esteemed coach giving the throat slash sign at thye last G-town game in D.C.. Maybe you missed the lottery winner and his punches. I didn't.

No I didn't miss any of that. In fact, I was at the Graham punch game. It's not the point. Literacy is no joke, ever. Whether or not Ewing was a thug on the court, which he was, is no excuse for this kind of garbage 40 year later.

No I didn't miss any of that. In fact, I was at the Graham punch game. It's not the point. Literacy is no joke, ever. Whether or not Ewing was a thug on the court, which he was, is no excuse for this kind of garbage 40 year later.

Ok, so if you make a post about someone's grammar or spelling, probably not the best idea to leave "40 year" singular. Just saying.

edowd26 wrote:

But I don't feel bad he can't read... he has acclimated more wealth than I ever will... He can't read, I confuse colors (apparently), we all have our deficiencies.[/quote]

Is that to say he slowly defrosted all that cool cash he made in the NBA up to room temperature?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom