Ex Hoya Michael Graham Pulls $1million Lotto Ticket | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ex Hoya Michael Graham Pulls $1million Lotto Ticket

Is this a sneak peak of how we are accepted too behave round hear?

I'm not a fan of such nonsense seeing how as fans talking smack about our rivals is what we do, especially when Georgetown makes it so easy.

Ok, so if you make a post about someone's grammar or spelling, probably not the best idea to leave "40 year" singular. Just saying.

Was criticizing the word usage, and the irony of it when going after Ewing's literacy, not anyone's spelling. A typo is hardly the same thing.

Is this a sneak peak of how we are accepted too behave round hear?

I'm not a fan of such nonsense seeing how as fans talking smack about our is what we do, especially when Georgetown makes out so easy.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I genuinely appreciated that.

edowd26 wrote:

But I don't feel bad he can't read... he has acclimated more wealth than I ever will... He can't read, I confuse colors (apparently), we all have our deficiencies.

Is that to say he slowly defrosted all that cool cash he made in the NBA up to room temperature?[/quote]
what an idiot that edowd guy is... doesn't even know words.

Maybe you don't know the history of this crapola thrown at Ewing so just in case, I'm going to give you some history. I was there, so I know this first-hand. In 1981, when Ewing was a freshman, all of 18 years old, this same was thrown his way in the most mean-spirited, hurtful manner possible. It stemmed from a letter that Mike Jarvis, his high school coach, had written to some 150 schools explaining that Ewing would need tutoring and other assistance in college but that he was a good student and would work hard. What followed, predictably, were the "Ewing Can't Read" signs at games. Now, I'm as big a GTown hater as there is, and have hated them relentlessly since the BE began, but what Ewing was taunted with then, along with all the racial overtones that went with it, was awful. And, it was more than 40 years ago. Give it a rest. I don't know you, so it's not personal, but for you to perpetuate this crap at Ewing all these years later isn't exactly cool. Turns out, he's got a degree in Fine Arts, btw.

My sister in-law actually taught at G.T. during those years and many were the basketball players.If you think Ewing was the only student,or should I dare say basketball player there had those difficulties you are sadly mistaken.

Just about every basketball player during those years needed special help in the classroom.That, my friends is the reason why she's now an administrator in the D.C. public schools.The students in the public schools do their own home work.;)

Was criticizing the word usage, and the irony of it when going after Ewing's literacy, not anyone's spelling. A typo is hardly the same thing.

Yes... It was a "typo." ;) All kidding aside, as a special education teacher I agree that illiteracy isn't funny. I once had a student whose mother could not read. I volunteered my own time to work with her and help her. She wanted nothing to do with it. I thought perhaps she was embarrassed, but I really believe she just couldn't be bothered at this point. As far as ripping on Ewing, anything racial is disturbing. In this instance, on this board, I don't believe anything was meant to be malicious. I do hope we all keep fighting the good fight against illiteracy whenever presented with the opportunity to do so.

Totally agree, literacy is NOT a joke you guys. Especially for a ret*rd like Ewing.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Agree. We're above that. I've moved on to wondering if he can count how many letters are in E-w-i-n-g. This country is failing in math.

Yes... It was a "typo." ;) All kidding aside, as a special education teacher I agree that illiteracy isn't funny. I once had a student whose mother could not read. I volunteered my own time to work with her and help her. She wanted nothing to do with it. I thought perhaps she was embarrassed, but I really believe she just couldn't be bothered at this point. As far as ripping on Ewing, anything racial is disturbing. In this instance, on this board, I don't believe anything was meant to be malicious. I do hope we all keep fighting the good fight against illiteracy whenever presented with the opportunity to do so.

Can we all agree that illiteracy in our country isnt funny... but the fact that Patrick Ewing cant read is absolutly awesome?

Can we all agree that illiteracy in our country isnt funny... but the fact that Patrick Ewing cant read is absolutly awesome?
That's all most of us are trying to say!

I'm really feeling guilty laughing at some of these posts. Seriously, stop. Keep them coming, but stop.

Maybe you don't know the history of this crapola thrown at Ewing so just in case, I'm going to give you some history. I was there, so I know this first-hand. In 1981, when Ewing was a freshman, all of 18 years old, this same was thrown his way in the most mean-spirited, hurtful manner possible. It stemmed from a letter that Mike Jarvis, his high school coach, had written to some 150 schools explaining that Ewing would need tutoring and other assistance in college but that he was a good student and would work hard. What followed, predictably, were the "Ewing Can't Read" signs at games. Now, I'm as big a GTown hater as there is, and have hated them relentlessly since the BE began, but what Ewing was taunted with then, along with all the racial overtones that went with it, was awful. And, it was more than 40 years ago. Give it a rest. I don't know you, so it's not personal, but for you to perpetuate this crap at Ewing all these years later isn't exactly cool. Turns out, he's got a degree in Fine Arts, btw.

Actually, Georgetown had to agree that all tests be given orally because Patrick had difficulty expressing himself in writing. That was one of the "other assistance" clauses that was in the Jarvis Letter. I don't know how smart Ewing is or isn't. But letter that Jarvis wrote --- with all the conditions --- gave many the idea he was not quite dumb.

Ahhh, I'm not sure Fine Arts is among the most demanding majors. Sounds pretty subjective to me.

The racial stuff was pretty much limited to some banana waving or throwing.

Ewing's image problems were not helped by playing for the Master of the Race Card, JT Jr. A person who coached his teams to use intimidation and rough house tactics. Any GU player was going to catch a lot of grief.

Villanova students dressed in prison orange jump suits for Allen Iverson's first game in Philadelphia.

some times a joke aint a joke- when it was done it was malicious and a bit racist- but that was the times-

times have changed-

but georgetown still sucks-time will never change that

My sister in-law actually taught at G.T. during those years and many were the basketball players.If you think Ewing was the only student,or should I dare say basketball player there had those difficulties you are sadly mistaken.

Just about every basketball player during those years needed special help in the classroom.That, my friends is the reason why she's now an administrator in the D.C. public schools.The students in the public schools do their own home work.;)

I always thought the parents of high schoolers did their homework. :bat:

1. It's called auto-correct. It's what happens when one has a typo when misspelling accumulating. People in glass houses...
2. It's Georgetown. Every disparaging remark ever made about them, their players, coaches, momma's, etc is entirely 100% deserved.

No I didn't miss any of that. In fact, I was at the Graham punch game. It's not the point. Literacy is no joke, ever. Whether or not Ewing was a thug on the court, which he was, is no excuse for this kind of garbage 40 year later.

You are calling Patrick Ewing a thug on the court? I hope you realize you have just hurt the feelings of Ewing fans around the world. Both of them...

What good karma did this ever create to deserve this?

Never thought I could dislike him more... until now.

I hope he takes the whole thing and bets it all on Michigan. Now THAT would be Karma.

Ewing understood about four words in the paragraph.

totally kidding.

But I don't feel bad he can't read... he has acclimated more wealth than I ever will... He can't read, I confuse colors (apparently), we all have our deficiencies.
It seems like you're the one who has problems with the English language.

Watch it pal. An intelligent response on this board often riles up the kids.

It seems like you're the one who has problems with the English language.
we've gone over this. I'm a god damned idiot... but to a lesser extent than Patrick Chewing.

What good karma did this ever create to deserve this?

Never thought I could dislike him more... until now.
I'm sure every DC drug dealer is looking forward to all the future business from Michael.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Hey the way I look at it we were in the conversation (among 20 or so schools) with Ewing when he was in high school. JB may even have had an in-home with him. But anyway he chose GTown and we got Peter Wynn as the consolation prize. Wynn actually outplayed Ewing once in a high school game if I remember. Not sure he even ever suited up against him when he was here though. As far as Michael Graham goes, he will probably burn through that money so fast he won't even remember what he spent it on.

I'd like to make fun of Patrick Ewing's sweat glands next, you guys. Such as, "It's a good thing he'll never see these posts; not because he can't read, but because he can't get within 4 feet of a computer without electrocuting himself from dripping all over it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom