Exclusive Interview with Dino Babers after Super Bowl | Syracusefan.com

Exclusive Interview with Dino Babers after Super Bowl

CNYCentralCuse

Walk On
Wanted to make sure I let the board know, I had an exclusive sit down interview with Dino Babers on Thursday, which will air after the Super Bowl on CBS-5.

Here's a preview: http://cnycentral.com/sports/colleg...-dino-babers-to-air-on-cbs-5-after-super-bowl

What does that mean? Of course he's done interviews before, but we sat down for probably a good 40 minutes talking about a wide variety of topics. Something he won't do with anyone else locally for a least a while.

We'll break it up into two parts, one talking about his upbringing..who he is as a man. This story is incredibly telling, even if you're only interested in football you'll want to watch...he has some powerful "sound bites" (Plus, you'll be surprised to hear some of his hobbies in addition to movies..and his ability to binge watch shows!...which oddly says a lot about how he'll coach)

It is absolutely the closest, most in depth look so far on Coach Babers here in town.

Of course, we dive into football as well and he sheds light on how he's approaching the job and what you all can expect.

I hope you'll give it a watch on Sunday night! The first part will air in the first couple minutes of the newscast while the second will air within my sportscast.

On a side note:
It was a pleasure getting to sit and talk for such a good amount of time. We got off track a few times talking about movies, life and such that we had to double back to the interview itself.

What strikes me is his professionalism, he made it a point in the first couple minutes to ask about me and my personal life. I said this all the time about Coach Shafer and I'll say it about Coach Babers- the guy you see in the press conferences is truly him. There's no act, no games, what you see is who he is.

He's confident in himself and his system and I'm excited and honored to bring you this inside look at Coach!

I keep coming back and trying to like the original post more than once!

CNYCentralCuse said:
Since I'm a man of my word, I stayed a little late here at the station to post it for you all: http://cnycentral.com/sports/college/exclusive-interview-introducing-dino-babers-to-central-new-york The video at the top of the article is the story that aired in our news segment, more about who he is. The video at the bottom is more about what we can expect for SU football, his expectations etc.
Awesome stuff Niko. Excellent work.

You have a couple really interesting coaches to interview these days...

Thank you, Niko. Excellent job. Plain and simple, we can expect HCDB to implement what he has done in the past. Every kid on the team has a clean slate, each can step up if he has a mind to do so. Very positive attitude, very catchy. (Seams like he coaches kids up!)

Some serious errors in the written piece. I really hope our new coach did not quote yoga.
Typo in the print version Yoga should be Yoda

BTW, thanks Niko for getting this done...it really helps us to realize this coach is different than the typical...and that is a good thing.

Some serious errors in the written piece. I really hope our new coach did not quote yoga.

Of course he didn't. He was quoting Yogurt.

Spaceballs-Yogurt.jpg

May the Schwartz be with you!

Ha! Yes sometimes the closed captioning print out on the sound bites can...yeah.. Thanks for letting me know! Owe you at the next tailgate. Football-wise, in the video at the bottom of the story, I did think it was interesting that he won't watch film from 2015. Everyone is at the same starting point once Spring Ball starts...should be a lot of fun to follow!

He's a very interesting guy. Very compelling.

I would rather he watch the film.

The more information the better.

Will the whole interview be posted somewhere?
Bump...

Those of us outside of the Syracuse area would appreciate being able to the complete interview.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom