Class of 2015 - F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 F Tyler Lydon (NY) Verballed to Syracuse

Now we have signees betting on our game? Imagine this will trigger another 7 year NCAA investigation.
I couldn't get over the fact that the AD drove them to the game. Can you imagine that? That's lack of institutional control if I ever saw it. The NCAA really needs to stick it to the 2027-2028 SU team for that flagrant violation.

I couldn't get over the fact that the AD drove them to the game. Can you imagine that? That's lack of institutional control if I ever saw it. The NCAA really needs to stick it to the 2027-2028 SU team for that flagrant violation.
Well, as long as it's not the 2028-2029 team, because that's gonna be my son's freshman year. I don't want anything deterring him from running the point for SU.

Well, as long as it's not the 2028-2029 team, because that's gonna be my son's freshman year. I don't want anything deterring him from running the point for SU.
That would be my sons freshman year too. He had 26 on Saturday and I have to tell him to stop shooting. Haha. Just like his dad, he isn't to interested in passing.

Tilton still puts out a good squad, right? Those are some big numbers against a perennial top prep school

I went and saw Tyler play last weekend here in Concord, NH. His team was already up by about 20 when we arrived with 4 minutes left in the first half (they started the game about an hour early due to weather). He had just picked up a foul as we walked in and subsequently sat the rest of the first half. He played the majority of the second half as Notre Dame Prep (Paul Harris' school, right?) clawed back to make it respectable. Lydon's teammate John Crosby, a point guard headed to Dayton was definitely the "alpha dog" in this game. Tyler was mostly content to pass the ball around. He didn't take a single jump shot to my recollection. He scored on a couple putbacks and had a nice dunk off a drive and dish by Crosby. As has been noted he needs to pack on some pounds, so I wouldn't be totally surprised to see him redshirt depending on the make up of the roster. Should be a good 4 year player, but could surprise us if his handle improves.

I went and saw Tyler play last weekend here in Concord, NH. His team was already up by about 20 when we arrived with 4 minutes left in the first half (they started the game about an hour early due to weather). He had just picked up a foul as we walked in and subsequently sat the rest of the first half. He played the majority of the second half as Notre Dame Prep (Paul Harris' school, right?) clawed back to make it respectable. Lydon's teammate John Crosby, a point guard headed to Dayton was definitely the "alpha dog" in this game. Tyler was mostly content to pass the ball around. He didn't take a single jump shot to my recollection. He scored on a couple putbacks and had a nice dunk off a drive and dish by Crosby. As has been noted he needs to pack on some pounds, so I wouldn't be totally surprised to see him redshirt depending on the make up of the roster. Should be a good 4 year player, but could surprise us if his handle improves.

Lydon is a fifth year senior - redshirting highly unlikely.

AWMKY said:
Lydon is a fifth year senior - redshirting highly unlikely.

Either way, Tyler not likely to play much next year.

As a 4, he'll be behind McCullough, Roberson and possibly Diagne.

Of course, things could change.

If he's only playing behind McCullough, he might get a few minutes a game.

Either way, Tyler not likely to play much next year.

As a 4, he'll be behind McCullough, Roberson and possibly Diagne.

Of course, things could change.

If he's only playing behind McCullough, he might get a few minutes a game.

I remember when CJ came in with Dion and Fab. He was the least hyped out of the three and ended up playing the most minutes his freshman year. Not saying that will be the case with Lydon, but you never know.

I can also see where Lydon ends up being like MCW his Freshman year and get 2 or 3 minutes here every other game because he is the last forward in a very talented rotation.

Tyler Lydon ‏@Tyler_Lydon14 30s30 seconds ago
I bleed orange.
1f3c0.png
1f34a.png
#NuffSaid

I remember when CJ came in with Dion and Fab. He was the least hyped out of the three and ended up playing the most minutes his freshman year. Not saying that will be the case with Lydon, but you never know.

I can also see where Lydon ends up being like MCW his Freshman year and get 2 or 3 minutes here every other game because he is the last forward in a very talented rotation.

Yeah, You never know
In highschool you can be a great shooter, a physical monster, a speedy attacker, even a isolation or post up guy, but it could take time to develop that in college. Not to mention defense is tougher to adapt to as well. Some guys come in and play the game at a different speed as freshmen like Baye and CJ did.