Fake WR Screen Go Route: we need this play | Syracusefan.com

Fake WR Screen Go Route: we need this play

That would be a perfect play for Ish. He s big, an excellent blocking receiver and has size. He through a quick block to "sell" his corner on the screen and then go. I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen later this season when guys are more in tune with the offense.

Passing trees are created with routes that protect each other. I am sure we have routes that protect the we screen - fake and go is probably in there somewhere.

Passing trees are created with routes that protect each other. I am sure we have routes that protect the we screen - fake and go is probably in there somewhere.
Yeah I agree that I thought it must be in the package but I'm surprised we haven't seen it yet with some of the situations we have been in needing a big play and the fact that it keeps the defense a little honest against charging the WR screens that we run so often (and run more effectively than in previous schemes.

i was thinking this yesterday, there were a few of those quick throws to the outside that the D was jumpin, i was screaming at the TV, pump and GO!

Yeah I agree that I thought it must be in the package but I'm surprised we haven't seen it yet with some of the situations we have been in needing a big play and the fact that it keeps the defense a little honest against charging the WR screens that we run so often (and run more effectively than in previous schemes.
Dungey is supposed to make a pre snap read and if the D is planning on jumping that route they will disguise it. To run the fake and go Dungey has to sniff it out and signal the wr. We aren't at that point just yet, but we will before the season passes. I think we will see it when it matters most.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom