Fan contests | Syracusefan.com

Fan contests

Brooky03

Hubris is underrated
Why do they let fans who clearly can’t even throw/shoot a ball from the free throw line to the rim compete for prizes?

It’s mean and unsporting.

Also, shame on those people signing up and taking away a chance from somebody with a sliver of coordination/athleticism.

Why do they let fans who clearly can’t even throw/shoot a ball from the free throw line to the rim compete for prizes?

Also, shame on those people signing up and taking away a chance from somebody with a sliver of coordination/athleticism.
Last night there was a woman who tried a shot from the foul line, the top of the key and half court. None of them made it halfway to the basket. The one from the half court didn’t even reach the top of the key.

It was the worst performance I have seen since my aging brother talked trash and tried to kick a 40 yard FG, took a mighty swing, and simultaneously pulled a muscle in his side, his hamstring and his butt.

He yelped an anguished cry and immediately lay on an high jump landing pad.

My other brothers and I started laughing so hard we all cried and got hiccups.

It could have been worse for her…

SU’s marketing and promotions blow. I am embarrassed by a lot of our shenanigans.

Punting the football in the truck bed angered me from the 300’s. Truly angered me. Also kicking a 50 hard FG which college kickers can barely do…

Last night there was a woman who tried a shot from the foul line, the top of the key and half court. None of them made it halfway to the basket. The one from the half court didn’t even reach the top of the key.

It was the worst performance I have seen since my aging brother talked trash and tried to kick a 40 yard FG, took a mighty swing, and simultaneously pulled a muscle in his side, his hamstring and his butt.

He yelped an anguished cry and immediately lay on an high jump landing pad.

My other brothers and I started laughing so hard we all cried and got hiccups.

It could have been worse for her…

That woman was the one I was thinking of. She could have had 100 chances from the free throw line and maybe hit the rim once. Making her shoot from halfcourt was just cruel.

Its a liberal university which no longer cares about sports and has snowflakes running and leading in positions they have no care or knowledge about.

1. Keep people and their scrubby, salt, sand, slush laden CNY winter shoes off the friggin court in the middle of the game.

2. If you’re going to let people on the court, they should have to pre-qualify by proving they can shoot at a reasonable level.

Most fans who can’t hit the broad side of a barn, you’d hope wouldn’t sign up to do it. Most people would be too embarrassed I’d think. i know in other years you had to sign up to participate. Hope they just aren’t just blindly picking people by their seat numbers. Wasn’t there a guy just a few games ago who did shock everyone by winning and making the shots?

Wasn’t there a guy just a few games ago who did shock everyone by winning and making the shots?
Yeah, he drilled the half-court for $10k, first time I've seen it happen. Although his foot was over the line for the made three that supposedly qualified him for the half court shot. ;)

That woman was the one I was thinking of. She could have had 100 chances from the free throw line and maybe hit the rim once. Making her shoot from halfcourt was just cruel.
But didn’t she sign up for this humiliation? How are these people selected?

But didn’t she sign up for this humiliation? How are these people selected?

I’m not sure. If she signed up, I can’t imagine what she was thinking. If she wasn’t the first kid out in dodgeball, she was the 2nd. Had to have known she didn’t have a prayer.

If she was selected at random, SU needs a better vetting process.

how about we line up 5 bowling pins in the paint in a 2/3 formation and let fans roll a basketball from the 3 point line and see who can knock them all down ?

Untitled-245-231x300.jpg

by the way...the center pin can't cover the corner.

Last edited:
Most of the time the candidates are a complete joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom