Fan Fest - 1st team offense vs not-1st team defense | Syracusefan.com

Fan Fest - 1st team offense vs not-1st team defense

KevMonstah

Scout Team
While following the Fan Fest via Twitter, it was noted that the 1st team offense was running
against the 2nd team D, and vice versa, so you end up with the 2nd/3rd team offense against
the 1st team D.

Just as a question, why? I'd hope that a) Hunt would look better, and b) both Wilson and
Dungey (and others) would look worse.

Why not 1s vs 1s, and 2s/3s vs 2s/3s? I'd say that would give a better reading on the team.

Kev

maybe so you can see what the 2-3's can do against the better players who are 1's. all teams do this at some point

Lower risk of injury perhaps? Who knows. Better shot for big plays on both sides of the ball to excite fans.

Also give the younger guys a taste of what playing vs upperclassmen is like. A lot of the closed door stuff is probably 1s v 1s with the younger guys coming on later.

If the 1st team offense wins, fans will think the defense sucks.

If the 1st team defense wins, fans will want to run Lester out of town.

This way, everybody wins.

That's why the Globetrotters used to play the Washington Generals. :D

i'm sure at some point they will scrimmage 1 vs 1 but not in front of fans thats the stuff you do behind close doors in front of fans you want to see success from all parts of your team to excite the fanbase

While following the Fan Fest via Twitter, it was noted that the 1st team offense was running
against the 2nd team D, and vice versa, so you end up with the 2nd/3rd team offense against
the 1st team D.

Just as a question, why? I'd hope that a) Hunt would look better, and b) both Wilson and
Dungey (and others) would look worse.

Why not 1s vs 1s, and 2s/3s vs 2s/3s? I'd say that would give a better reading on the team.

Kev

I think people need to realize how early fan fest was. New schemes on one side of the ball, a bunch of new faces on the other side. Probably easier to get each side into the flow of things.

There's still a long way to go in camp. I'm sure the 1s will face the 1s quite a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom