Fargo | Syracusefan.com

Fargo

NKR1978

Living Legend
If you're not watching this, please do yourself a favor and watch it. I have no idea how True Detective gets more media discussion than Fargo. The characters, dialogue, acting and direction make it a top 5 show currently airing.

I never got around to finishing the first season (you know how it goes - you enjoy a show, but suddenly you've got 3-4 episodes backed up on the DVR and don't feel like binging so you just abandon it).

But man, this second season is terrific. I LOVED LOVED LOVED the standoff between Patrick Wilson's character and the Gerhardt's last week. That was so well done.

You need to watch the rest if you still have it on your DVR.

I love the Solverson's. And Lou calling Skip squirly was great. The wife completely figuring out what happened at the diner.

When I first heard about the show I thought they were crazy for doing a remake of a classic movie but gave it a try because of Billy Bob. The end of the first episode blew me away and I've been hooked since.

We binge watched season 1, which was great, especially the ending. Hooked on season 2.
Reminds me of Justified a little bit.

Crusty said:
We binge watched season 1, which was great, especially the ending. Hooked on season 2.
Reminds me of Justified a little bit.

I might try Justified.

FX is so hit or miss. The Bastard Executioner is awful. I hate watched Sons this year on Netflix. Tyrant is less than mediocre. Couldn't get into the Strain.

But then they have Fargo and the Americans.

I might try Justified.

FX is so hit or miss. The Bastard Executioner is awful. I hate watched Sons this year on Netflix. Tyrant is less than mediocre. Couldn't get into the Strain.

I think if you like Fargo you will like Justified. Sort of a hillbilly version of Fargo.

I might try Justified.

You have GOT to watch Justified. One of my favorite shows of all-time. It's so great.

I won't debate this: Boyd Crowder and Raylan Givens are two of the best characters in TV history.

You have GOT to watch Justified. One of my favorite shows of all-time. It's so great.
I got so hooked I binge watched all episodes.

I won't debate this: Boyd Crowder and Raylan Givens are two of the best characters in TV history.
Netflix?

Crusty said:
It's fargin war!

Jean Smart is a great actress. Floyd Gerhardt might be my favorite character thus far.

There are so many scenes where I just have this imprending feeling of dread.

I've been trying to remember what crime syndicate ran Fargo in season one. Though, my guess is the Gerhardt's don't win.

Jean Smart is a great actress. Floyd Gerhardt might be my favorite character thus far.

There are so many scenes where I just have this imprending feeling of dread.

I've been trying to remember what crime syndicate ran Fargo in season one. Though, my guess is the Gerhardt's don't win.
Floyd Gerhardt is basically a 1979, upper Midwest version of Mags Bennett, at least from the three episodes I've seen so far (my wife just started catching up and won't let me watch the fourth episode until she's caught up).

If they are not careful they will run out of characters to kill!

Crusty said:
If they are not careful they will run out of characters to kill!

At least we know Lou survives. Not sure the Gerhardts are long for this world.

I love these writers. They get you invested in characters and then knock them off in bunches. Have we had a single killing scene yet?

Lou, and the Fargo detective, Ben Schmidt. He goes on to be the boss of the Colin Hanks character in season one.

I love these writers. They get you invested in characters and then knock them off in bunches. Have we had a single killing scene yet?

Only one person died in the butcher shop.

Lou, and the Fargo detective, Ben Schmidt. He goes on to be the boss of the Colin Hanks character in season one.

Seriously? That's pretty cool.

I can't remember who was running Fargo in the first season. I assume the Gerhardts lose, but that would be a clue.

If you're not watching this, please do yourself a favor and watch it. I have no idea how True Detective gets more media discussion than Fargo. The characters, dialogue, acting and direction make it a top 5 show currently airing.

Fargo has been amazing this season, and I didn't think they could beat the first season. The writing may be second to none on cable TV.

I really liked the first season too, loved Billy Bob's character.

True Detective season 1 was really, really good, and with McConaughey and Harrelson it had top notch A list acting - that's why it had so much buzz. But season 2 was such a burnt turd that I think the buzz around that show has pretty much dried up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom