Favorite Songs Of The 1970's | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Favorite Songs Of The 1970's

I know he's hugely popular but I really feel like the world would have been just fine without this guy. No offense to any of his fans, but this guy was WAY overrated in my mind. Sorry for bringing the negativity to the board...
:eek:.....
:eek:.....
His little voicebox deal was sort of gimmicky, but I like his melodies...
:eek:
:)

Bob Dylan & The Band @ The Last Waltz

[song: Forever Young]

br801, these two won't make the list without a little edit
powderfinger
Have You Ever Seen the Rain?

just a head's up :)

I know he's hugely popular but I really feel like the world would have been just fine without this guy. No offense to any of his fans, but this guy was WAY overrated in my mind. Sorry for bringing the negativity to the board...

There are some songs and artists in this thread that I don't care much for (some of which I've posted myself), yet I strangely enjoy hearing now and again. I try to remember all of these artists have fans somewhere.

Still, I draw the line when we start getting into Bobby Goldsboro territory. ;)

Bob Dylan

[song: Baby, Stop Crying]

even though he left the band early in their run, the fact remains that without Frampton, there would have been no Humble Pie - the band for whom the term "heavy metal" was coined.

Frampton had a soft side (which is why he left Pie), but he always could rock with the best of them. Here is one of HP's heavy rockers with Frampton at his best

[song: Stone Cold Fever]

One more slice of Pie . . . just posting the stuff that Frampton played on, maybe we can swing back around to their later (and harder) stuff later
[song: Shine On]

Duke Ellington, one of my all time favorite artists, died in 1974. Almost all of his best music was well behind him by the time the 70s rolled around, but he was still on the road playing dates with his Orchestra. His 1973 Eastbourne Performance is not only his last recording, but it is the only one in his later years to earn more than four stars at Allmusic. When we get around to a 50s thread, Duke will rock the house. The only thing I could find from Eastbourne on Youtube is this clip of the first three songs off the album.
[song: The Piano Player]
[song: Creole Love Call]
[song: Don't You Know I Care (or Don't You Care to Know)]

Duke Ellington, one of my all time favorite artists, died in 1974. Almost all of his best music was well behind him by the time the 70s rolled around, but he was still on the road playing dates with his Orchestra. His 1973 Eastbourne Performance is not only his last recording, but it is the only one in his later years to earn more than four stars at Allmusic. When we get around to a 50s thread, Duke will rock the house. The only thing I could find from Eastbourne on Youtube is this clip of the first three songs off the album.
[s o n g: The Piano Player]
[s o n g: Creole Love Call]
[s o n g: Don't You Know I Care (or Don't You Care to Know)]
Moqui, not sure if it will work.
If it's a compilation, you might have to post three separate s o n g s with same youtube clip in each of the three posts.

Moqui, not sure if it will work.
If it's a compilation, you might have to post three separate s o n g s with same youtube clip in each of the three posts.
I did it once before with a double song. It posts each title on the master list, the link is only associated with one of them (can't remember if it is the first or the last)

The other big radio hit for 10cc. Easy on the ears.

[song: The Things We Do for Love]

Elvis still had game into the 70s.

My older sister, a big fan, dragged me to one of his shows back in mid-70s. The guy was quite the showman.

[song: Always on My Mind]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom