Favorite Songs Of The 1970's | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Favorite Songs Of The 1970's

This dude was all over the radio in the 70s...

George Thorogood and the Destroyers

[song: It Wasn't Me]

George Thorogood playing Chuck Berry. Man, music played on guitars just doesn't get better than this. Thanks br801 for reminding me :)

Linda Ronstadt... prolific 70s output. Always seemed to choose great and interesting songs to cover, and did a pretty good job with them for the most part.

[song: When Will I Be Loved]

This dude was all over the radio in the 70s...

[song: Bad to the Bone]
[song: I Drink Alone]

These two songs were both from Thorogood's 80s output (and I believe both are already in the 80s music thread)

the other two GT cuts you posted are from the 70s

Linda Ronstadt... prolific 70s output. Always seemed to choose great and interesting songs to cover, and did a pretty good job with them for the most part.

[song: When Will I Be Loved]

I almost posted a Linda Ronstadt vid last night and was going to make a similar comment, virtually all of her hits after she left The Stone Poneys were covers - I didn't realize that until a few days ago.

I also almost posted the Badfinger vid you posted. You, more than anyone, have posted vids I would've eventually added - good job.

works for the 60s and 70s, she wrote it after she performed at Woodstock in 1969 and it was a hit in 1970.....

[song: Lay Down (Candles In The Rain)]

These two songs were both from Thorogood's 80s output (and I believe both are already in the 80s music thread)

the other two GT cuts you posted are from the 70s

My bad, the old memory ain't what she used to be. I usually check something if I'm not sure. I'll un-tag them from this thread.

This song still disturbs the hell out of me.

[s o n g : Down in the Tube Station at Midnight]

That's awesome. I'm sad I didn't know this one before today. Great stuff.

I almost posted a Linda Ronstadt vid last night and was going to make a similar comment, virtually all of her hits after she left The Stone Poneys were covers - I didn't realize that until a few days ago.

I also almost posted the Badfinger vid you posted. You, more than anyone, have posted vids I would've eventually added - good job.

You and moqui (and many others) have posted a ton of great stuff here -- I'm giving out more "likes" than tee these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom