FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

Pitino is a HOF coach so that is one.

Miller is on the trajectory to HOF coach so he is another.

Miami, South Carolina, Auburn, USC, Oklahoma State are just Middle programs.

Interested to hear recruit names for Arizona. Very interested.

Could make a lot of sense.

I would be suspicious of any kid east of the Mississippi going to Arizona to play ball. Especially with any regularity.

Kind of like when decent recruits were going from the DC area to play football at New Mexico when Locksley was the HC. I mean I get that the guy is an Ace recruiter but you have to be able to sell Ice to Eskimos in order to get an east coast kid with options to go play at a 2 win team program in a non-P5 conference in New Mexico.

There is no way SU and assistant coaches would be so brazen with the current state of the program would they?

The combined sense of anticipation and dread waiting to hear if SU is involved in this case is similar to the feeling I get watching the NCAA selection show waiting to see if SU has made it.

We've experienced that situation often in recent years so it's really not that bad today.

So the schools implicated (I believe they listed 7 in the affidavits):

University 1: Auburn
University 2: South Carolina
University 3: Oklahoma State
University 4: Arizona
University 5: USC
University 6: Louisville
University 7: Miami

How does the affidavit describe university 8?

I can only imagine how this board would react.
We know college basketball is huge business. None of this should surprise anyone. If this happened to Cuse, I think most fans would accept it and start naming replacements starting with the HC.