Fear the Walking Dead | Syracusefan.com

Fear the Walking Dead

So many people do not watch cause they think it is a Zombie movie/series> But I watch to see how people react to an apocalyptic event. Its about characters and the actions they take to stay alive and the breakdown in society as survival of fittess takes over making some otherwise good citizens into its you or me relationships.

So many people do not watch cause they think it is a Zombie movie/series> But I watch to see how people react to an apocalyptic event. Its about characters and the actions they take to stay alive and the breakdown in society as survival of fittess takes over making some otherwise good citizens into its you or me relationships.

exactly. I could care less about zombies. for me it's the story of the breakdown of society from an apocalyptic event and what people have to do to survive. I love that genre. I wish a show would substitute the zombies with a financial crash or EMP. There's some great books out there and decent movies.

The Road was a decent movie (could have done way more with it). There was this BBC show on Netflix called Survivors. Not bad I got sucked in, they never renewed the 2nd season and left me hanging.

This apocalyptic genre would be a good thread topic, I'm always interested in good books/movies on this.

i thought it is trying to build a story instead of jumping right it and after 2 weeks its pretty good. i dont think a straight copy of walking dead is needed

But they left all that food at the HS! Rick Grimes would have got those canned goods outta there! ;)

I love this as a stand alone show. It's already solid and will only get better. Sucks there's only 6 episodes this season, though.

its been a great start. sucks that the last one is this sunday, but of course that means that TWD is back next week. hopefully FTWD comes back with 12 this winter.

I feel like they need a few more episodes to really tell the story they want to.

I feel like they need a few more episodes to really tell the story they want to.
i agree.

im shocked that they thought 6 was enough, or that they were worried that no one would like it.

especially since we did this before.

15 are coming in '16.

i agree.

im shocked that they thought 6 was enough, or that they were worried that no one would like it.

especially since we did this before.

15 are coming in '16.
Summer TV is weird though. Plus, wasn't the first season of The Walking Dead just 6 episodes?

Anyway, given the LA setting, I keep hoping they introduce a character that's a celebrity, played by that same celebrity, that's a doomsday prepper holed up in a Beverly Hills mansion or something. Kind of like Bill Murray in Zombieland, but played straight.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/28/fear-walking-dead-flight-462-web-series-october

A web series spin-off of a television companion series is on its way to AMC’s The Walking Dead universe, as the network has officially announced plans and a release schedule for a Fear the Walking Dead offshoot that will have reprecussions on season 2.

As first exclusively revealed by EW, this new series, Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462, will tell the story of a commercial flight in the early goings of the outbreak as a passenger is discovered to be infected. The first episode will debut on AMC.com on Oct. 4.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/28/fear-walking-dead-flight-462-web-series-october

A web series spin-off of a television companion series is on its way to AMC’s The Walking Dead universe, as the network has officially announced plans and a release schedule for a Fear the Walking Dead offshoot that will have reprecussions on season 2.

As first exclusively revealed by EW, this new series, Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462, will tell the story of a commercial flight in the early goings of the outbreak as a passenger is discovered to be infected. The first episode will debut on AMC.com on Oct. 4.

what an awesome concept. i love it.

what an awesome concept. i love it.
i agree, but im a little confused.

thought i read where 462 was going to air during commercials of TWD, but yet that seems to point to the web.

my naive view on these things are that theyd show 90seconds or 2 minutes worth on say 3 or 4 commercial breaks and we'd see it all. but now i wonder if i have to go to the web to do so.

i never bothered with the other webisodes, but think i will binge them all next week.

thought i read where 462 was going to air during commercials of TWD, but yet that seems to point to the web.

my naive view on these things are that theyd show 90seconds or 2 minutes worth on say 3 or 4 commercial breaks and we'd see it all. but now i wonder if i have to go to the web to do so.

i never bothered with the other webisodes, but think i will binge them all next week.

I also saw that it will be showing during commercial breaks for The Walking Dead season premiere. Guessing you can either watch it there or on the web.

I also saw that it will be showing during commercial breaks for The Walking Dead season premiere. Guessing you can either watch it there or on the web.
ahh, maybe thats it...just during the premiere.

I lifted this from both articles so I take it to mean after the initial 30 minute webisode the subsequent episode's will be a minute long shown during the WD commercial breaks. Am I close?

Article #1:

The first episode will debut on AMC.com on Oct. 4.

Every episode of Flight 462 thereafter — all set to clock in at under a minute — will then debut during commercial breaks throughout The Walking Dead’s new season when it premieres Oct. 11. The episodes will also appear online.

Article #2

AMC is producing a half-hour special that will tell a stand-alone story following a group of passengers facing a walker attack on an airline while in flight. One character who survives that encounter will then join the cast of Fear the Walking Dead in season 2

I lifted this from both articles so I take it to mean after the initial 30 minute webisode the subsequent episode's will be a minute long shown during the WD commercial breaks. Am I close?

Article #1:

The first episode will debut on AMC.com on Oct. 4.

Every episode of Flight 462 thereafter — all set to clock in at under a minute — will then debut during commercial breaks throughout The Walking Dead’s new season when it premieres Oct. 11. The episodes will also appear online.

Article #2

AMC is producing a half-hour special that will tell a stand-alone story following a group of passengers facing a walker attack on an airline while in flight. One character who survives that encounter will then join the cast of Fear the Walking Dead in season 2
i think that sounds correct and reasonable.

I want to see the part where slow moving zombies take out the military...I think I could win this zombie apocalypse thing with one tank.

Anyway, given the LA setting, I keep hoping they introduce a character that's a celebrity, played by that same celebrity, that's a doomsday prepper holed up in a Beverly Hills mansion or something. Kind of like Bill Murray in Zombieland, but played straight.
That was one of the first questions asked on Talking Dead after last nights finale and the producer guest nixed it. He said they are based in East LA, not Hollywood, so adding celebrities wouldn't fit.

Instead of prepper celebs in bunkers, I'd like to see cameos by stars (or look-a-likes) as walkers. They could be noticed by our survivors or just left in the scenes unmentioned as Easter Eggs for the viewers.

That was one of the first questions asked on Talking Dead after last nights finale and the producer guest nixed it. He said they are based in East LA, not Hollywood, so adding celebrities wouldn't fit.
Cop out. Total cop out. So lame. East LA is like 10 miles from Hollywood. The Atlanta crew has crossed states. You mean the LA crew can't go 10 miles?

Boooooooring.

Cop out. Total cop out. So lame. East LA is like 10 miles from Hollywood. The Atlanta crew has crossed states. You mean the LA crew can't go 10 miles?

Boooooooring.

Dude, if you want to see dead celebs, just turn on E!. The celeb angle would be complete major network douchery. There was a celeb cameo as a walker in one of the Walking Dead webisodes a couple years back. It was the one about the Bicycle Girl walker and how she ended up in the park, torn in two, where Rick found her. One of the walkers in the street looked exactly like Scott Iain from Anthrax. I never confirmed it, but it had to be him.

Dude, if you want to see dead celebs, just turn on E!. The celeb angle would be complete major network douchery. There was a celeb cameo as a walker in one of the Walking Dead webisodes a couple years back. It was the one about the Bicycle Girl walker and how she ended up in the park, torn in two, where Rick found her. One of the walkers in the street looked exactly like Scott Iain from Anthrax. I never confirmed it, but it had to be him.
possible for sure, but TWD is completly fimed in and around Atlanta so he wouldve had to have been down there. i know people whove been extras as zombies and they say that there is like a 'cult' group of extras who are in every episode and fight over who gets camera time. a budy and his wife were in a couple of episodes in year 1, then didnt for a while and they got asked back last year and they said the experience was no longer enjoyable and theyd never do it again. the 'regular' zombies were arseholes. i think to have a 'celeb' there wouldnt be worth the effort in makeup and camera time. to much could go wrong with the appearance. ranging from being on the cutting room floor to trying to upstage the episode.

I don't want to see dead celebs though. I want to see a live celeb, playing themselves, as a Doomsday prepper holed up in their mansion.

Strand kind of approached that actually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom