Fear the Walking Dead | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fear the Walking Dead

I don't want to see dead celebs though. I want to see a live celeb, playing themselves, as a Doomsday prepper holed up in their mansion.

Strand kind of approached that actually.

Totally respect the opinion, but I agree with Kaiser that it would detract from the story and the episode(s). It's something the major networks would do for an episode during ratings week.

I would love to know if that was really Scott Iain, because the walker had very little make-up (in terms of facial trauma) and it looked just like him. Even was dressed like he does for concerts.

Would love to see William Shatner trying to overact as a Zombie. "I...am...dead. I need...human...flesh..."
"Mr. Shatner, zombies don't talk."

somebody like Nick Nolte as a holed up prepper celeb looking like his train wreck mug shot chain smoking unfiltered camels would be fantastic.

Hines Ward has also played a zombie on TWD as well.

_1359999159.jpg

somebody like Nick Nolte as a holed up prepper celeb looking like his train wreck mug shot chain smoking unfiltered camels would be fantastic.
Busey would also be incredible.

If they want a celeb, they should go to someone like Vin Diesel. He's enough of a nerd that he might actually say yes.

So...

I've stuck with this series since the start. At one point, early on, I felt like this show was more interesting than the flagship. Through season 3 or so, this was a terrific show.

Then, they had the transition where the killed off the de facto main character, and migrated Morgan over from TWD. Nothing against Morgan, I liked him, but the show dog legged at that point with him as the focal point as his motivations became more trifling / asinine.

And from that point forward, the show seemed to go south. The years long story line of the group leaving boxes on the side of the road to help people, filming videos and leaving VCRs around when there is no longer electricity, trucking around in 18-wheelers, etc. seemed ridiculous.

Another plot had them fly a plane into some desolate area to rescue some people they didn't know who contacted them via radio, despite none of them knowing how to fly it, only to crash and get everyone in more danger.

Then, in another bizarre multi-season plot arc, nuclear missiles irradiated all of Texas [the then-location of the show]. Next thing you know, everyone is rolling around the desolate landscape in radiation suits -- some of which were clearly homemade / duct-taped, sporting Geiger counters, etc. I mean... what? Where did they get all this stuff from? How did they figure out how to make / use all of this stuff? And the rules of the radiation were so unclear -- sometimes they needed the suits, sometimes they didn't. How would a bunch of random survivors even understand what the rules were for radiation exposure? Why wouldn't they all just leave the area to get away from the radiation?

And now, we seem to be locked in this multi-season ongoing plot with PADRE, which had the most ridiculous premise ever. I.E., the people in charge of PADRE were kidnapping kids so that they would never have to experience the pain of losing a parent, because they themselves were grief-stricken when a zombie killed their father??? And a bunch of the main characters who got press-ganged into service by PADRE went along with this flimsy premise for 7+ years just... because?

And at this point of the show, the entire motivation of the characters seems to be:

A] feeling [in a burst of self-loathing] compelled to honor the legacy of some deceased former character to make amends for dishonorable behavior they themselves have committed
B] to build a settlement to protect "THE CHILDREN!!!!"
C] some combination of A and B above, in tandem

Wash, rinse, repeat for the last couple of seasons.

The dialogue is awful, the plots are lame, and the motivations are paper thin at this point.

What the hell happened to this show?

The two-part series finale is next week, and all I can say is thank god. At this point, I'm sticking it out as a sunk cost. That's how it's felt for the last couple of seasons. But I look forward to this being over.

Last edited:
So...

I've stuck with this series since the start. At one point, early on, I felt like this show was more interesting than the flagship. Through season 3 or so, this was a terrific show.

Then, they had the transition where the killed off the de facto main character, and migrated Morgan over from TWD. Nothing against Morgan, I liked him, but the show dog legged at that point with him as the focal point.

And from that point forward, the show seemed to go south. The years long story line of the group helping people, filming videos, trucking around, etc. seemed ridiculous. I remember one plot where they flew a plane into some desolate area, despite none of them knowing how to fly it, only to crash and get everyone in more danger.

Then, nuclear missiles explode, irradiating all of Texas [the then-location of the show]. Next thing you know, everyone is rolling around in radiation suits -- some of which were clearly homemade, sporting geiger counters, etc. I mean... what? Where did they get all this stuff from? And the rules of the radiation were so unclear -- sometimes they needed the suits, sometimes they didn't. How would a bunch of random survivors even understand what the rules were for radiation exposure?

And now, we seem to be locked in this multi-series ongoing plot with PADRE, which had the most ridiculous premise ever. I.E., the people in charge of PADRE were kidnapping kids so that they would never have t experience the pain of losing a parent???

And the entire motivation of the characters is:

A] to honor the legacy of some deceased former character
B] to build a settlement to protect "THE CHILDREN!"
C] or some combination of A and B above, in tandem

Wash, rinse, repeat for the last couple of seasons.

The dialogue is awful, the plots are lame, and the motivations are paper thin at this point.

What the hell happened to this show?

The two-part series finale is next week, and all I can say is thank god. At this point, I'm sticking it out as a sunk cost. That's how it's felt for the last couple of seasons. But I look forward to this being over.
Yikes. I ended up losing track of things when there was the detective guy and the embalming guy, and maybe the start of the radiation? Looks like it's not a bad thing I didn't stick with the show.

Hate watching is its own kinda joy tho.

I stopped watching after the whole baby stealing thing. I should have stopped much earlier but felt compelled to finish it.

Well, the two-part series finale was last Sunday. Not surprisingly, it was kind of ridiculous and flimsy.

The plot has been paper thin the entire last half of this final season -- and really, for several seasons.

It's almost like the show is split down the middle. The first 3-4 seasons it was fantastic, and arguably as good if not better than TWD. Over the next four, they "killed" the main character off-screen [she was basically just "gone" when the show resumed, and presumed dead until the 2nd to last season], and replaced her with a character from TWD, who I think they expected to carry over a lot of viewer eyes. Instead, the show became more and more absurd.

And really, as each season got increasingly less coherent and further away from what made the how initially compelling, the bad plots blur together. For example...

-- There was the season where they all become truckers.
-- Then a season where they all became cowboys.
-- Then a season where they all were rolling around in radiation suits, as were all of their enemies
-- Then a season where Strand became a tyrant in a tower, and all the others banded together to fight him

Ultimately, the writers decided to end the season on a generally happy note. Strand apparently has turned over a new leaf. Daniel reunited with Luciana. Madison sacrificed herself for the others and gave them hope... only to inexplicably cheat death a second time. Alicia returned -- similarly, from the dead -- and had a 5 minute cameo to close out the series.

But the road to get to this semi-sweet ending was built upon so much sloppy writing, goofy plots, and deus ex machina that it's hard to take any of it seriously as a viewer.

If nothing else, the ending gave the core nucleus of the show -- the quartet of characters [Madison, Alicia, Strand, and Daniel] who'd been around from the 1st / 2nd episode of season one -- a nice, happy send off. Mean things were said amongst this group, then rescinded. The original characters had a chance to say goodbye to one another, and go their separate ways on good terms. And Madison got her daughter, who ostensibly died at the end of last season when the actress decided to leave the show, back from the dead.

I'll always remember that the show started out really compelling, but I'm happy it's over. Hard to believe that it dragged on as long as it did, quite frankly.

Last edited:
It was fine. If you can't end the whole story I don't know to expect much on the sub stories..

The reality is if they decide to end the whole series they can do something with these sub plots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom