Feb 26 - Feb 29 Tracking the Bubble + Games | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Feb 26 - Feb 29 Tracking the Bubble + Games

I would agree we want OU but the bubble seems to be in their future if they lose another one tonight. That would be 10 losses in their last 13 games, many of them by double digits. They are really struggling.

6-8 in quad 1, including road wins at USC, Wichita St, and TCU and a win vs Kansas. Not only quantity of Q1 wins but high quality that other bubble teams do not have.
No bad losses.
Body of Work, not last 10 or last 12

I think Oklahoma is fine, as long as they win one more game to avoid a bad loss (at Home vs Iowa St should be it)

6-8 in quad 1, including road wins at USC, Wichita St, and TCU and a win vs Kansas. Not only quantity of Q1 wins but high quality that other bubble teams do not have.
No bad losses.

I think Oklahoma is fine, as long as they win one more game to avoid a bad loss (at Home vs Iowa St should be it)
SORRY BUT EYETEST FOR THEIR LAST 10 GAMES DISQUALIFIES THEM

Baylor up... a lot

I would have preferred Baylor to be one of the losses, but at least Kansas St and St. Bonaventure are down at the half.

3-10 in last 13 is pathetic

It is, the team has imploded but they gave themselves a big enough margin to probably slide by. I am sure a 7 seed will be happy to see them in the first round

iiiiiiiinteresting
2018-02-27_2053.png

Oklahoma State has a very bizarre profile. RPI over 100 entering this evening, but have a very strong OOC win vs. FSU. The rest of the OOC can be chalked up to poor gaming of the system: i.e. the other wins (sans Tulsa) really really blow, but the losses to A&M (N), @ Arkansas & home to Wichita are understandable. They play in the best conference in the nation, but will finish between 7th and 9th most likely.

But a win vs. a Kansas team that has nothing to play for this weekend (except a #1 seed in the NCAA I suppose) would go a long way imo. That would give them a sweep over Kansas, wins @ WVU and vs. TTU. That's tough to ignore.

No bad losses.

Losses shouldn't be quality losses when you're being beaten soundly.

OU's average margin of defeat in conference play (assuming current margin of Baylor game holds) is approx. 13 points per game. It's not enough to say we don't have bad losses. It would be nice to be at least modestly competitive in these games. B-12 is fine but it's not the Western Conference of the NBA.

You should head a committee.

I'd nominate you to head the committee but I know you're still doing research on all of SU's q1 victories.

OU's average margin of defeat in conference play (assuming current margin of Baylor game holds) is approx. 13 points per game. It's not enough to say we don't have bad losses. It would be nice to be at least modestly competitive in these games. B-12 is fine but it's not the Western Conference of the NBA.

They do have a few indicators that consider margin like KenPom. They are probably going to be mid 40's after tonight which is satisfactory (still in barely based on that), but it is declining rapidly. Whether they rely on them enough is a different matter.

I just know they like elite wins, and that iys what Oklahoma has.

Come on TCU ... hit those darn free thrpws.

Come on TCU, dont screw this

You have to consider Bruce Weber is on the sideline for K State. That always decreases the threat they present by a certain percentage.

Oklahoma State has a very bizarre profile. RPI over 100 entering this evening, but have a very strong OOC win vs. FSU. The rest of the OOC can be chalked up to poor gaming of the system: i.e. the other wins (sans Tulsa) really really blow, but the losses to A&M (N), @ Arkansas & home to Wichita are understandable. They play in the best conference in the nation, but will finish between 7th and 9th most likely.

But a win vs. a Kansas team that has nothing to play for this weekend (except a #1 seed in the NCAA I suppose) would go a long way imo. That would give them a sweep over Kansas, wins @ WVU and vs. TTU. That's tough to ignore.

There will be some interesting outliers this year.

The great conference record in a P5, but very little good - Nebraska
The terrible RPI with lots of good - Oklahoma St.

Don't want to test either, and hope they both lose their next game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom