Women's Field Hockey - FH 2015 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Field Hockey FH 2015

http://cuse.com/news/2015/2/6/FH_0206151619.aspx

Manley to Train with Senior National Team

One of three SU players currently in USA system

SYRACUSE, N.Y. – For the second time in the past three months, junior midfielder Alyssa Manley of the Syracuse University field hockey team will train with the United States senior national team. In addition, junior goalkeeper Jess Jecko and freshman midfielder Laura Hurff will train with the U-21 and U-19 teams, respectively.

"I was really excited that they saw potential in me," said Manley. "It definitely will help me be faster with my play and my decision-making. Coach Bradley told me to take this as a learning experience. I have and it has been great."

The senior national team and U-19 and U-21 squads begin training next week at Spooky Nook in Manheim, Pa. The senior national team is scheduled to play Argentina four times from Feb. 13-18, while the U-21 team will face Canada four times from Feb. 12-16.

After being cut from the U-19 travel squad two years ago, Manley is on her way to cementing a spot with the senior national team. The Lititz, Pa. native is attempting to become the first Syracuse player on the senior national team since Shannon Taylor.

"It would be a great personal accomplishment," stated Manley when asked about the possibility of permanently joining the senior national team. "It shows how well the coaching I have gotten from high school to Coach Bradley, helping me develop as a player. It also helps them gets the recognition that they developed me into a player that is capable of playing with the national team."

Manley will train with the senior national team prior to its matches against Argentina then join Jecko for the U-21 team's contests against Canada.

"It's great, I love that there is three of us right now that are in the USA system," added Manley. "I just think it is great that we are all getting experience off the team that we can bring back on the Syracuse team."

The Orange trio all will return to the pitch in 2015. Syracuse is coming off its most successful season, advancing to the NCAA Tournament final for the first time in program history. For the first time in school history, two players earned First Team All-America accolades, as well.

"This year was a huge growing year," commented Manley. "We started out rough, but developed into a strong team that worked so hard to get where we were. It was a really great season."

B9rH47BIQAI3hnV.jpg:large

http://cuse.com/news/2015/2/15/FH_0215153639.aspx

MANHEIM, Pa. –
Junior midfielder Alyssa Manley of the Syracuse University field hockey team made her debut with United States senior national team on Saturday, Feb. 14 in the squad's second game of a four-game series with Argentina. The team tied Argentina, 1-1, at Spooky Nook Sports in Manheim, Pa.

The Lititz, Pa. native made her first international cap with the senior national team on Saturday at Spooky Nook Sports, which is not even 10 miles away from her hometown. Manley was one of two players to make their first appearance on the senior national team, joining Stanford's Kelsey Harbin.

Manley was invited to train with senior national team for the second time in the past three months at Spooky Nook Sports beginning on Feb. 9. She scrimmaged with the squad on Feb. 11 against Argentina and got the call up for Saturday's game. In addition, Argentina is currently the second-ranked team in the world in the most recent FIH women's world rankings.

This past season at Syracuse, Manley helped the Orange to its first-ever appearance in the NCAA final. Manley earned Longstreth/NFHCA All-America First Team accolades, becoming the ninth player in program history to earn multiple All-America honors during their collegiate career.
Print Friendly Version

Syracuse Athletics ‏@Cuse 23m23 minutes ago
Six members of the 2014 @CuseFH team earned NFHCA National Academic Squad accolades. http://bit.ly/1BIJm6Z

SYRACUSE, N.Y. –
Six members of the 2014 Syracuse University field hockey team, the national runner-up, were named to the National Field Hockey Coaches Association (NFHCA) Division I National Academic Squad. The national academic squad recognizes student-athletes who achieved a 3.30 cumulative GPA or higher through the first semester of the 2014-15 year.

Seniors Lauren Brooks and Jordan Page and freshmen Jessica Berg, Jill Giesen, Laura Hurff, and Allie Mannheimer all were named to the national academic squad. Brooks earned her fourth honor in her collegiate career and earned special recognition for her achievements in the classroom. Page picked up her third recognition in her time at Syracuse, as well.

In addition to tremendous academic success, the Orange recorded its best season in program history in 2014. For the first time in program history, Syracuse advanced to the final of the NCAA Tournament, ultimately losing, 1-0, to Connecticut. The team defeated No. 1 seed North Carolina in a penalty shootout in the national semifinal to earn its first trip to the championship game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom