FHCSS steps down at Maryland | Syracusefan.com

FHCSS steps down at Maryland

Ce-dIDdW8AEPkJk.jpg

April fools joke? I can't really trust anything today at face value.

I don't know, that cough he had never sounded great. Hopefully he will bounce back from whatever the issue is.

Shafer had signed the most lucrative contract of any of Maryland’s new coordinators in January, a three-year deal worth $2.25 million and including $65,000 in potential bonuses. According to a memorandum of understanding obtained by The Washington Post in January, Shafer’s contract also states that he would owe Maryland half of his base salary if he were to leave the school for another job or terminate the contract within the first two years of the deal. Shafer made $1.3 million as Syracuse’s head coach last season.

I don't know, that cough he had never sounded great. Hopefully he will bounce back from whatever the issue is.
I used to wonder about that cough too.

I ran into him earlier this week and had a short but nice conversation. He was clearly not enthusiastic about the Maryland position when I brought it up. Still wouldn't have predicted this though.

I ran into him earlier this week and had a short but nice conversation. He was clearly not enthusiastic about the Maryland position when I brought it up. Still wouldn't have predicted this though.
yikes

As others have said, I hope everything is okay with Coach Shafer and family. Can't ask for a better person from everything I have heard and read.

KellySyracuse said:
maybe he and Durkin didn't see eye to eye and it just wasn't a good fit :noidea: I really hope it's not his health
I spent some time with Missy a couple weeks ago, she said they're glad to be back with the Durkins, long time friends.

Theres definitely no better person that's ever been around the program. I think that's why so many of us wanted him to succeed despite the lack of success on the field the last few years. I'm really praying this isn't health or family related. Nothing but the best from us Coach Shafe!

I spent some time with Missy a couple weeks ago, she said they're glad to be back with the Durkins, long time friends.
oh dear, I didn't know they were friends. I hope all will work out alright

That's not why.
I just mean he didn't display the type of positive reaction one might expect. Quite the opposite. He clearly was bothered by something related to the situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom