FIDE chess championships | Syracusefan.com

FIDE chess championships

upperdeck

Living Legend
Been watching this.. its always amazing to see it played at these high levels how 1 mistake and the game is over. Dude lost his bishop early on in the game and the announcer says well its game over now. a few plays later the dude resigns with like 80% of the pieces still on the board.. all the hours wasted playing chess I could have just offered draws 10 moves in had i know thats how its done..

Been watching this.. its always amazing to see it played at these high levels how 1 mistake and the game is over. Dude lost his bishop early on in the game and the announcer says well its game over now. a few plays later the dude resigns with like 80% of the pieces still on the board.. all the hours wasted playing chess I could have just offered draws 10 moves in had i know thats how its done..
Read an article about the champ. #1, says he is the best player in history, which is interesting. #2. Talked about the players learning all of the computer simulations so he goes against them, and wins ( my really bad summation)

In watching the show the thing they mention is that he is #1 at all 3 disciplines.. Chess, rapid, blitz which is pretty much unheard of being that good at all 3 at the same time.

the 7 hr game they played w few days ago has pretty much crushed the russion dude it seems, they claimed it was the longest in time and moves in championship history.

It really is crazy how good these guys are and calculate so many moves ahead of time.
This analysis video shows how to even the average player that mistake with the bishop the guy made wouldn't be a sure thing to finishing off the game easily.

Pretty cool stuff although some people might find this guy boring, but his channel puts out great analysis videos of current and classic games.

Really glad I got back into Chess during Quarantine last year.
My fourth grade teacher ran the school's Chess Club and every Friday morning would start out the class with like 2 hours of everyone playing chess. Is that what elementary school is still like? lol

yup.. when he recaps the moves that could have been you go end up realizing they are just light years ahead of most of us.