Fifteen years ago today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Fifteen years ago today

I also loved how on senior day the entire team came out with him when he was announced, as both of his parents had passed away.

I remember reading that McNeil was nervous about how he would be received by SU fans on his Senior Day (which is kind of heartbreaking to hear), and then the Dome went absolutely nuts for him, then we proceeded to stomp UConn.

We won at Michigan State that year too. That team beat all the best teams in college that year.

Yup. That was a signature one for me and many even though MSU wasn’t a real juggernaut that season. To go into Breslin Center being so young was a statement win. That arena and crowd was lit.

Yup. That was a signature one for me and many even though MSU wasn’t a real juggernaut that season. To go into Breslin Center being so young was a statement win. That arena and crowd was lit.

Late in the season too. You don’t see big time OOC matchups like that late in the season anymore.

Yup. Both all time great games with great crowds and great finishes.

That 2003 team was my favorite all time Cuse team well before the NCAA tournament because of games like those. Flat out loved watching that team play. Fun to watch and incredibly likable group.

exactly!! thats what made that team so special. coming off a couple of less than stellar years in '01 and '02, that '03 team was such a joy to watch even before march. such a likeable team. i remember going nuts after the notre dame win at the dome, i hadnt been that excited about a regular season cuse win in a long time. magical year from start to finish.

I was a freshmen that year, I have no idea why, but I went home to my parents that weekend

this win and the notre dame win at the dome were such great wins
We were down 13 points in both games in the second half. What propelled us to victory?

i remember melo was unstoppable on the block the 2nd half against notre dame.
Yes he was unstoppable, but that's not what changed the momentum in the game. In both games actually.

Last edited:
Amazing game. Rushing the court 3 times was a great memory, something I still look back on occasionally. That atmosphere was bonkers.

shocked the refs didn't T you guys up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom