Fine Mess Away Game Tailgates for 2015 | Syracusefan.com

Fine Mess Away Game Tailgates for 2015

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Not a ton of info yet...I just want to get the first draft of the away games we'll support. A few of the names of the support staff will probably change after the dates are released.

Ideally most games will be supported with a tailgate, group ticket purchase at a discount and a parking lot identified (Prepaid Parking if we can do it). Some games we might have to go through SU to get tickets. It won't be an issue as SU will work with me to block off tickets but we won't get a discount.

@USF Oct 10th Tailgate Commander: TexanMark (Swish/phsyra/SarasotaPaul/OrangeJet (TBD)1st Assts)
I will be Buying Group Discount Tix and PrePaid Parking Guesstimate 150-200 fans This game falls on Columbus Day Weekend and should be our biggest one of the year.

@ Louisville Nov 7th Tailgate Commander: JohnCuse44 (TexanMark/OrangeJet/Cuyahoga Cuse/lvilleorange 1st Assts)
Most Likely Will Have to Go Through SU for Tix, Parking TBD Guesstimate 60-75 fans

@ NCSt Nov 21st Tailgate Commander: JackBauer44 (TexanMark/CuseJuicy/Crusty 1st Asst)Most Likely Will Have to Go Through SU for Tix, Parking TBD Guesstimate 125-150 fans

@FSU Oct 31st Tailgate Commander: AirForceOrange (JarheadJim 1st Asst)We should be Buying Group Discount Tix and PrePaid Parking Guesstimate 75-100 fans.

@ UVA Oct 17th Tailgate Commander: Crusty (Cusejuicy/JackBauer44 1st Asst)
We should Be Buying Group Discount Tix, Parking TBD Guesstimate 150 fans

PayPal will be the primary payment method. We will add a premium on each ticket sold to help pay for the tailgate incidentals.

Last edited:
Looking at USF and UVa, but my niece had the audacity to schedule her wedding BEFORE the football schedule is announced. Here's hoping for an Open Date on October 24!

Not a ton of info yet...I just want to get the first draft of the away games we'll support. A few of the names of the support staff will probably change after the dates are released.

Ideally most games will be supported with a tailgate, group ticket purchase at a discount and a parking lot identified (Prepaid Parking if we can do it). Some games we might have to go through SU to get tickets. It won't be an issue as SU will work with me to block off tickets but we won't get a discount.

@USF Oct 10th Tailgate Commander: TexanMark (Swish/phsyra/SarasotaPaul/OrangeJet (TBD)1st Assts)
I will be Buying Group Discount Tix and PrePaid Parking Guesstimate 150-200 fans This game falls on Columbus Day Weekend and should be our biggest one of the year.

@ Louisville Tailgate Commander: JohnCuse44 (TexanMark/OrangeJet/Cuyahoga Cuse/lvilleorange 1st Assts)
Most Likely Will Have to Go Through SU for Tix, Parking TBD Guesstimate 60-75 fans

@ NCSt Tailgate Commander: JackBauer44 (TexanMark/CuseJuicy/Crusty 1st Asst)Most Likely Will Have to Go Through SU for Tix, Parking TBD Guesstimate 125-150 fans

@FSU Tailgate Commander: AirForceOrange (TexanMark/JarheadJim 1st Asst)We should be Buying Group Discount Tix and PrePaid Parking Guesstimate 75-100 fans.

@ UVA Tailgate Commander: Crusty (TexanMark/Cusejuicy/JackBauer44 1st Asst)
We should Be Buying Group Discount Tix, Parking TBD Guesstimate 150 fans

PayPal will be the primary payment method. We will add a premium on each ticket sold to help pay for the tailgate incidentals.
I and some friends are planning on going to the UVA game.

The two prime tailgating areas at UVa are at University Hall and the Fontaine Research Park. There are shuttle buses to the stadium from U Hall and folks walk from Fontaine. One of the best UVa tailgates, "Wilk Hall," is in the U Hall parking lot.

The two prime tailgating areas at UVa are at University Hall and the Fontaine Research Park. There are shuttle buses to the stadium from U Hall and folks walk from Fontaine. One of the best UVa tailgates, "Wilk Hall," is in the U Hall parking lot.

We terrorized UVa back in 2004...let's see what 11 years did to some of our bones... ;)

We terrorized UVa back in 2004...let's see what 11 years did to some of our bones... ;)
That was one long-ass walk...but a great spot for tailgating (Field across from U-Hall).

Hey hoo's That-

Definitely going to C'ville this year. Can you recommend the right bars to go to and a hotel near those bars? Any recommendations on golf courses?

Thanks

Florange44

Hey hoo's That-

Definitely going to C'ville this year. Can you recommend the right bars to go to and a hotel near those bars? Any recommendations on golf courses?

Thanks

Florange44
The team will be staying at the Omni because it's the only one that can accommodate the traveling party. There's a shuttle to the game from the parking garage nearby. The Boars Head Inn is really, really nice. You'd have to drive to get to the game. There's an area near the University called the Corner has a lot of bars of varying types. There's a Red Roof Inn right there (obviously not 5*, but very close to everything).

I will be attending the UVA game for sure, and most likely the NC State game as well. Can't wait!

Where is a recommended place to stay in Tampa? Trying to convince hubby to go to that one!

Where is a recommended place to stay in Tampa? Trying to convince hubby to go to that one!
If you like beaches, you might want to consider the Sand Key area of Clearwater. Water on both sides of a narrow strip of sand. Really nice. Lots of restaurants and great beaches. I would think you can get rooms for a good rate that time of year as well...

I booked our hotel in Charlottesville for October 17th. I'm 90% sure we will be able to make it. Really(hopefully!) looking forward to attending my first tailgate after reading these boards for so many years!

Programming Alert - Oct 17 could be our Homecoming. For the past couple of years it's been held around that time. The only other candidate is Ga Tech on Halloween. As a side note, they may have the 1970 National Champion MLax team take a bow during one of the TOs.

Looking at my schedule...I will be able to host USF (assuming the AAC/ESPN doesn't move the game to Thursday). I don't think this will happen but not 100% sure...I sent Matt Sarz (the TV guy) an email to get his opinion.

Anyways, looks like UVA and FSU are out for me. Louisville is a probable and NCSt has a decent shot for me too.

Update on USF: He said the game moving to Thursday is possible but he doesn't think it is likely. Remember the game falls under the AAC TV package.

Last edited:
Mrs Crusty booked for all away games. We will definitely attend USF, NC State, UVA and Louisville. Probably won't go to FSU.

Mrs Crusty booked for all away games. We will definitely attend USF, NC State, UVA and Louisville. Probably won't go to FSU.

Crusty awesome...you are lead for UVA. Please contact the UVA Ticket reps...ask about a group rate for a block of tickets. Tell him to expect about 125-150. I know we could sell more but 125-150 is manageable. Let me know what you find out. If they won't do it...let me know. We will go through SU.

Crusty awesome...you are lead for UVA. Please contact the UVA Ticket reps...ask about a group rate for a block of tickets. Tell him to expect about 125-150. I know we could sell more but 125-150 is manageable. Let me know what you find out. If they won't do it...let me know. We will go through SU.
Will do.

UVA Game
For those interested in attending the UVA game/tailgate on October 17th, I thought you would be interested in some info about Scott Stadium, located on the beautiful and historic Charlottesville, VA campus designed by Thomas Jefferson (you remember him). Visiting team seats are indicated in yellow with orange stripes. We will be working with UVA group sales to see how much improvement we can achieve going through their group sales office.

We expect this to be a spectacular tailgate and a resounding Orange victory so mark your calendar.
http://www.virginia.edu/
http://www.virginiasports.com/
http://www.charlottesville.org/
http://www.visitcharlottesville.org/
http://www.visitcharlottesville.org/visitors/things-to-do/

Scott_Stadium_Seating_Chart.png
Scott Stadium.jpg

Expect to have at least 8 for UVa. Trying to rationalize USF now with the games back-to-back. Telling myself that the plan all along was to do both - fly to Tampa, drive to C'ville - and it really doesn't make any difference that there will only be a day or two in between, it's still two trips. How does that logic sound?

In the meantime booked the HGI in Charlottesville for 3 nights and bookmarked the Hilton and Doubletree in Clearwater on the beach until I convince myself.

UVA Game
For those interested in attending the UVA game/tailgate on October 17th, I thought you would be interested in some info about Scott Stadium, located on the beautiful and historic Charlottesville, VA campus designed by Thomas Jefferson (you remember him). Visiting team seats are indicated in yellow with orange stripes. We will be working with UVA group sales to see how much improvement we can achieve going through their group sales office.

We expect this to be a spectacular tailgate and a resounding Orange victory so mark your calendar.
http://www.virginia.edu/
http://www.virginiasports.com/
http://www.charlottesville.org/
http://www.visitcharlottesville.org/
http://www.visitcharlottesville.org/visitors/things-to-do/

View attachment 35388
View attachment 35389

UVA is by far the circle the wagons to go away game for me. Always wanted an excuse to go to a game there.

UVA is by far the circle the wagons to go away game for me. Always wanted an excuse to go to a game there.

If you have to choose one, definitely go with Charlottesville.
For now they are a "crossover" opponent which means we won't play football there for another 12 years (until the next realignment or whatever, but that's the plan for now)
It's a great town.
I can also vouch for NC State. Carter-Finley is a nice place, not gigantic but it certainly had a big-time feel when we were there in 2013. And there's other stuff to do in the area.
While Tampa sounds nice in October, we all know the atmosphere at Raymond James Stadium is unfortunately going to leave much to be desired. We will have to bring it! That being said, if it wasn't back-to-back with UVA, I'd probably be considering that one.
Interested in getting to Louisville one of these days too, but that may have to wait.
Tallahassee is last on the list.
LGO!

If you have to choose one, definitely go with Charlottesville.
For now they are a "crossover" opponent which means we won't play football there for another 12 years (until the next realignment or whatever, but that's the plan for now)
It's a great town.
I can also vouch for NC State. Carter-Finley is a nice place, not gigantic but it certainly had a big-time feel when we were there in 2013. And there's other stuff to do in the area.
While Tampa sounds nice in October, we all know the atmosphere at Raymond James Stadium is unfortunately going to leave much to be desired. We will have to bring it! That being said, if it wasn't back-to-back with UVA, I'd probably be considering that one.
Interested in getting to Louisville one of these days too, but that may have to wait.
Tallahassee is last on the list.
LGO!

Agreed with all...USF will still be a good game though. 3 day weekend, beach weather still, winnable game...easy flights down from the NE.

I expect a bunch of the FL based fans will buy the tickets. Our tailgate should be awesome with a private lot close to the stadium.