Fire and Sickness | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Fire and Sickness

Wish they would re-release the orange one.. Can't get the fire smell out of mine and the Nike hoodie selection is garbage lol

Wish they would re-release the orange one.. Can't get the fire smell out of mine and the Nike hoodie selection is garbage lol
Wash, dry, fold…

Insert dryer sheets in the folds. Let sit for a week.

Wash, dry, fold…

Insert dryer sheets in the folds. Let sit for a week.
200w.gif

This bad boy just popped up on nike.com. Definitely unexpected... do you like the concept of Syracuse cursive script with a grey hoodie instead of orange?!
I like it but wish there was more orange. The lettering, side graphic and part of the trim would look great orange.

I'm still waiting for the cursive script Syracuse zip/pull over like JB wears on game day occasionally.

I accidentally spilled bacon grease on mine. Any recommendations for that?

Pretreating Bacon Grease Stains

Getting bacon grease out of clothes always starts with pretreatment. Act quickly to keep the stain from setting in. If you get a bacon grease stain while you're away from home, try sprinkling salt over the area to absorb some of the oil and minimize the damage until you can get home.
When you're ready to treat the stain, don't reach for the laundry detergent. Despite being formulated to clean fabric, it's not necessarily the best grease remover for clothes. Treating a bacon grease stain calls for something that was designed to treat food stains: dish soap. It's great at cutting through the grease on the pan you used to cook the bacon, and it should be able to cut through that same grease on your T-shirt, jeans or other machine-washable fabrics.

Squirt dish soap over the spot and rub the fabric together to work the soap into the grease and then let the clothing sit for about 10 minutes before washing. Alternatively, apply a laundry pretreatment spray or foam to the grease or use a laundry stain remover pen to pretreat the area.

Washing Clothes After Stain Treatment

Once you've pretreated the bacon grease stain, wash machine-safe clothes like normal using your normal detergent. Don't move them straight into the dryer, however. Examine the clothing carefully after it comes out of the washing machine to see if any of the stain remains. Better yet, let the fabric air dry completely so you can accurately assess the stain.

If you can still see any remaining grease in the fabric, try repeating the pretreatment process and wash the clothes again. Don't put anything marked by grease into the dryer or the stain will be set by the heat, and you probably won't be able to do anything more to get rid of it.

Pretreating Bacon Grease Stains

Getting bacon grease out of clothes always starts with pretreatment. Act quickly to keep the stain from setting in. If you get a bacon grease stain while you're away from home, try sprinkling salt over the area to absorb some of the oil and minimize the damage until you can get home.
When you're ready to treat the stain, don't reach for the laundry detergent. Despite being formulated to clean fabric, it's not necessarily the best grease remover for clothes. Treating a bacon grease stain calls for something that was designed to treat food stains: dish soap. It's great at cutting through the grease on the pan you used to cook the bacon, and it should be able to cut through that same grease on your T-shirt, jeans or other machine-washable fabrics.

Squirt dish soap over the spot and rub the fabric together to work the soap into the grease and then let the clothing sit for about 10 minutes before washing. Alternatively, apply a laundry pretreatment spray or foam to the grease or use a laundry stain remover pen to pretreat the area.

Washing Clothes After Stain Treatment

Once you've pretreated the bacon grease stain, wash machine-safe clothes like normal using your normal detergent. Don't move them straight into the dryer, however. Examine the clothing carefully after it comes out of the washing machine to see if any of the stain remains. Better yet, let the fabric air dry completely so you can accurately assess the stain.

If you can still see any remaining grease in the fabric, try repeating the pretreatment process and wash the clothes again. Don't put anything marked by grease into the dryer or the stain will be set by the heat, and you probably won't be able to do anything more to get rid of it.
Infinite wisdom! Thanks

how does it fit?
I have the orange version of this script Nike sweatshirt. It runs a little small and tight in the sides if that makes any sense.

I used to wear a Large in Nike shirts but now order XL for Nike.

That's amazing. Too bad NIKE runs super small now.
I agree - I am not sure why Nike decided to start running so small in the past few years. Maybe that’s why they often offer 3XL which I never remember seeing when I was a kid in the late 90s…..

Can we please edit the OP title to read something more… descriptive? With Covid and flu issues abound I really don’t want to have to put on my millennial slang filter to understand what I’m clicking on.

Or maybe I’m the only old fart here who doesn’t stay current with lingo.

Just snagged Cuse Dunks and a Buddy script jersey off DHGate today. Can't wait for them to arrive.

Can't tell if this is sarcasm but hope so.

Should have clarified. I know they aren't actual legit "dunks" lol. But got them a few days ago. Obviously aren't 100% but would rather have these than the $800 on StockX

Attachments

• dunk1.jpg
    dunk1.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 111
  • dunk2.jpg
    dunk2.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Dunk3.jpg
    Dunk3.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 108
Should have clarified. I know they aren't actual legit "dunks" lol. But got them a few days ago. Obviously aren't 100% but would rather have these than the $800 on StockX
How the jersey turn out?

How the jersey turn out?

Still waiting on that one, but that was the last to be shipped out. Hopefully that's in the next couple of weeks.

For anyone looking for the script hoodies, the champion ones which are reverse weave (whatever the hell that is) are amazing. Comfiest thing I’ve ever worn. And the script is sewn on, not printed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom