First post & introduction | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

First post & introduction

I was at that game. got a seat on the bus. Raucous crowd. Still can't believe how big that JD team was. You don't see high school basketball crowds like that down here in fla. only football.
Was on the same bus, or maybe there were two of them, but no more. I actually did not think Danny would make it at SU, but I was very wrong.
Anyway, welcome aboard from another Liverpudlian who still lives there.

Graduated from Liverpool one year after Pete Holohan (still the best high school athlete I've ever seen) and Kyle fetterly. I'm a Clarkson grad ( is Bees the only other one here?). Moved to Florida in 83, been here ever since. I've been raising 3 kids and coaching travel baseball and basketball, usually able to get my syracusefan.com fix at work over lunch. I've been able to travel to a bunch of away games over the years. Highly recommend that to SU fans, always fun, even in the dark days of GRob.

Florange44

I graduated from Liverpool too and Pete H was there at the same time, ahead of me a bit. I remember him well when he was there...definitely a jock at the time. Wish I could play like he did. Looks like you and I may have been in the same class or close. I was in House 2.

I did the cross over and lived in both Liverpool and DeWitt. I was a bit young to see Pete or Danny play. My band director referred to Danny as the world's tallest trombone player.

Clarkson grad here, as well. Although I've been a lot more hesitant to admit that ever since I found out Bees is, too.

I'm younger than you guys, though. High School class of '94, Clarkson '99.

Good to see you out of the closet, Florange!

Pete Holohan was the best HS basketball player I ever saw play at FM.

He was a man amongst boys.

I was always disappointed that he opted for football and ND.

I continue to believe that he would have had a great career as an SU BB player.

He had a pretty solid NFL career, I think he made the right choice. His Mom was my babysitter every so often. Gifted athlete for sure

I've been lurking on these boards since about 2000. This series of boards over the years is top notch! I have appreciated orangeyes every day for 13+ years. Thank you Dan. The insider info found here is great, a big thank you to the insiders and mods who contribute so much. I finally have time to post myself and hopefully contribute to the discussion.

A little about me. Born and raised in Liverpool in the 70s. Been an orange fan since going to games with my Dad at archbold and Manley. I still feel the cold cement at archbold and the swirling dirt at Manley. I loved the zoo with "so what", "who cares", etc. I was hooked. Learned about SU history reading Arnie and the old scout for years.

Graduated from Liverpool one year after Pete Holohan (still the best high school athlete I've ever seen) and Kyle fetterly. I'm a Clarkson grad ( is Bees the only other one here?). Moved to Florida in 83, been here ever since. I've been raising 3 kids and coaching travel baseball and basketball, usually able to get my syracusefan.com fix at work over lunch. I've been able to travel to a bunch of away games over the years. Highly recommend that to SU fans, always fun, even in the dark days of GRob.

Here are my positions on the great debates of this board
1) P was a good coach and a good man but the game passed him by. Needed to go.
2) GRob was in way over his head. No clue how to be a head coach.
3) thank you HCDM for leading us out of the darkness. It's ok if you figured out that the NFL was really where you wanted to be.
4) big Shafer backer. I think kenthusiasm and passion and emotion are needed to get us over the top now that talent is equalling out. We'll see if he, McDonald and bullough have the chops to coach on game days.
5) the Dome is our calling card. Spruce it up, fill the place and we'll have a home field advantage as good as anyone.
6) SU pr staff, marketing is horrible. This is the one area TGD has fallen short.

I'm looking forward to contributing to the board. Thanks for allowing me into this little slice of orange heaven on the www.

Florange44

Clarkson class of 91 - MBA in Finance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom