Florida or Michigan? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Florida or Michigan?

Michigan. Not even a question.
Why?

Big time talent that gels at the right time is a lot tougher to face than good college players...

I'd rather play michigan. Not as defensive minded. I think jsouth goes off against them. florida would have a huge crowd in atlanta.

Michigan is the worst defensive team left in the tournament. Per Kenpom, Florida is the number 1 overall team with the number 2 defense. We want Michigan.

Got this from the Louisville board:

Odds to win national championship:

Louisville -- 2.3-1
Florida -- 3.3-1
Syracuse -- 4.4-1
Duke -- 6.5-1
Michigan -- 12-1
Wichita State -- 14-1

Here's hoping Michigan pulls out the win.

Cheers,
Neil

My wife is Gator and my brother is an FGCU Eagle. I want the Gators!

I feel like we match up well with either team though. I feel like either team will have a tough time with our zone with the way this team has been playing defense as of late. Kenny Boynton is a good player for Florida, but he's not a very big guy. They are also a very finesse team. 40% of their offense is dependent on the 3, however they do play good defense. However, they have not seen a team all season with the athletes that Syracuse has besides maybe Arizona, which beat them pretty easily. They definitely haven't seen a team with our length. They are also something like 0-6 in games decided by 6pts or less. I think Michigan could be a bit of a tougher match up because they have stronger guard play, but again, I love the way our zone is playing and feel good about playing either team.

Who ever we play, they were the best team.

Would Trey Burke, (6-0), get lost in our zone like the Indiana guards?

Michigan. More youth. Florida still shoots better and are better than last year when we played them sans Murphy.

Please, bring on the very best now .. THEY should be very concerned about having to play us.

as good as burke is- he and his mich teammates do not have good shot selection- he will shoot a lot of 28 footers and i am sure make a few but overall i like how the zone and our offense matches up against them. also jb has owned belien over the years when he was at wvu.

Both teams are extremely talented, but we should probably root for Michigan. Boeheim owns Beilein, and I don't think they have the personnel to beat our zone. A lot of their 3s come from drive and kick-outs, which they wouldn't get against us. Also, their defense sucks.

Florida, on the other hand, can put Murphy in the middle, and he could be very dangerous there. Plus, their D is VERY good.

I think Michigan is our best bet. Rosario has been getting better over the years and you know he is still looking for payback for that humiliation. Trey Burke vs MCW would be awesome. But McGary underneath, man I was impressed by that guy versus Kansas!

Surprised at all the Michigan responses. I think we beat either, but we've owned the Gators lately.

Michigan x 100. Not sure Burke can see over MCW; or the kitchen counter for that matter.

I don't like playing this game of who'd you rather, unless it's Kate Upton or JLH. The answer is Kate.

Wrong. The answer is Lucy Pinder.

LucyPinder_zpseee24564.jpg

From Tim Layden's piece for SI:

Privately, the Syracuse coaching staff fears Michigan more, because of the explosiveness and shooting skills of Wolverines guard Trey Burke. Florida, while explosive, is less skilled offensively and might struggle against the zone.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130330/syracuse-marquette-elite-eight-final-four-ncaa-tournament/#ixzz2P5Zaknsu

If that's what they told Layden "in private," then the opposite is true.

Michigan. Florida is so versatile. And in case we win I also have to somehow root for Puke over L'ville. Do not want Cardinals. Don't even know if I can watch that game because I know I'll root for Louisville.

We want Michigan and Duke to win today so expect Florida and Louisville to win. Michigan has NBA talent, but Florida would be a bad matchup for us Murphy, Boynton, Rosairo, Yguette can all shoot the 3 ball while Michigan has Burke, Hardaway Jr., Robinson III and Staukikis they were still a Kansas brainfart from being eliminated give me Wolverines.

you guys are nutz. The thing that kills us when we get killed are skilled bigs. guards can get theirs and its fine.. .but with the big michigan country fed white boy...he would kill us on the offensive glass and he can catch and finish as well. patrick young is a stiff.

Got this from the Louisville board:

Odds to win national championship:

Louisville -- 2.3-1
Florida -- 3.3-1
Syracuse -- 4.4-1
Duke -- 6.5-1
Michigan -- 12-1
Wichita State -- 14-1

Here's hoping Michigan pulls out the win.

Cheers,
Neil

Shows you how much Vegas loves Florida and Lville; I feel like at this point we should have better odds to win it all than they do. Lville is better than us, but they need to beat a really good team just to get to the same place that we are.

Any revisions to thoughts? Seriously, yeah Michigan's defense is ass, but their offense is amazing.

Any revisions to thoughts? Seriously, yeah Michigan's defense is ass, but their offense is amazing.

Nope.

Every team has strength and weaknesses. Every team left is capable of winning it all.

That includes us--Michigan looks great, but they're not doing this against OUR defense. Bring it on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom