Florida State Crowd Predictions | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Florida State Crowd Predictions

I personally think the closed practices and veil of secrecy is part of the problem. It does nothing to generate interest from the casual sports fan. And I think it also hurts the interest from people who maybe once were diehards but then life got in the way. Those are the people they're having trouble bringing back and the closed practices don't help.

Heck I find my own interest waning sometimes when I have no idea what's going on with the team.

Have to admit, when there's access there's more interest. Old channel 5 showing practice videos while discussing xyz latest player development and gearing up for the next opponent. Webb and Rahme with good inside articles. etc etc.

Now it's like F it.

The coaches don't do anything to generate interest when they have everything on lock down.
With the rise of social media, closed practices have much more to do with protecting the players from it, than hiding the Krabby Patty recipe..

While I'd like to see more, I think the team is better off.

Now we get uniform reveals, hype vids, etc.. which we didn't get back then. Either way, in the end, winning cures everything .

I know 118 very well, if your looking at Ticketmaster those prices are probably for verified re-sale tickets. I just checked and they have 4 seats you can get either at will call or online for $168.00 for Uconn.

That’s probably on the other side of the aisle. I literally pulled four tickets immediately next to my seasons (I’m in a donation zone- blue I think).

That reminds me, notice to anyone thin, with good hygiene, who likes to buy beers and nachos for neighboring fans, there are 4 seasons still available right next to my four.

Look at those red seats in the visitors corner. FSU fans buying tix through their school then trying to make some money on the SU site.

I personally think the closed practices and veil of secrecy is part of the problem. It does nothing to generate interest from the casual sports fan. And I think it also hurts the interest from people who maybe once were diehards but then life got in the way. Those are the people they're having trouble bringing back and the closed practices don't help.

Heck I find my own interest waning sometimes when I have no idea what's going on with the team.

Have to admit, when there's access there's more interest. Old channel 5 showing practice videos while discussing xyz latest player development and gearing up for the next opponent. Webb and Rahme with good inside articles. etc etc.

Now it's like F it.

The coaches don't do anything to generate interest when they have everything on lock down.
This only is a concern to those of us on the board. No one else gives a spit.

If people wanted to see this, there would be more than 150 views on every youtube video our social team posts.

This only is a concern to those of us on the board. No one else gives a spit.

If people wanted to see this, there would be more than 150 views on every youtube video our social team posts.
That’s not it, these people don’t go chasing down the info. Diff generation. Interest waned for the obvious reasons and the ensuing secrecy helped to keep them not interested.

Nobody knows anything about the program and well why would they? That comment above about ask anyone on the street. It’s true. This isn’t the fault of the public.

There’s no info. I know barely retired people, syracusans, 30 plus year season ticket holders, and they could maybe name Babers and Dungey and that’s it.

You’re right they don’t give a spit. Secrecy doesn’t help. What has the U done to promote Dungey? Kid is a rare QB talent around here, he’s worth the price of admission alone.

You’re probably too young to know how much marketing was done around McNabb.

It’s a good thing they’re giving away 1,000 student tix. They weren’t going to get many students at $20 a pop. That’s a lot of money for a student.
maybe they should drink 2 less starbucks a week.. if you like fball $20 a game is nothing, if you are a casual fan its barely something, if this was a band they liked $20 would be dropped in a heartbeat

Those are only the seats in the first 12 rows upstairs between the 30’s.
I completely understand, but still. $110 for any seat in the upper section is way too much due to the current status of our program in my
opinion. I hope one day we can price the tickets like this and sell them all, but currently that’s not the case.

maybe they should drink 2 less starbucks a week.. if you like fball $20 a game is nothing, if you are a casual fan its barely something, if this was a band they liked $20 would be dropped in a heartbeat
I guess that's the thing. Few of them came to SU caring about SU football because we haven't been good in their lifetime. I can't blame them for not wanting to spend money on something they don't care about, especially if they can roll out of bed and flip on the big screen to see the same thing for free. They need incentive. They are not going to have belief without evidence. Would you pay even $20 to see a band you didn't care about? When we get good, they'll come because it'll be the cool thing to do.

Look at those red seats in the visitors corner. FSU fans buying tix through their school then trying to make some money on the SU site.

I think buying the tickets seemed like a good idea at the time.

Then the Virginia Tech game happened. Then the Samford game happened. Surprised the whole section isn't red.

I completely understand, but still. $110 for any seat in the upper section is way too much due to the current status of our program in my
opinion. I hope one day we can price the tickets like this and sell them all, but currently that’s not the case.
110 is laughable. I would never pay that. Give me a break.

What if you don’t like football and you’re not even a casual fan? Because that’s who we need in there.

That’s not it, these people don’t go chasing down the info. Diff generation. Interest waned for the obvious reasons and the ensuing secrecy helped to keep them not interested.

Nobody knows anything about the program and well why would they? That comment above about ask anyone on the street. It’s true. This isn’t the fault of the public.

There’s no info. I know barely retired people, syracusans, 30 plus year season ticket holders, and they could maybe name Babers and Dungey and that’s it.

You’re right they don’t give a spit. Secrecy doesn’t help. What has the U done to promote Dungey? Kid is a rare QB talent around here, he’s worth the price of admission alone.

You’re probably too young to know how much marketing was done around McNabb.
If you want to argue for more marketing, than sure.. There is content on social media(the way yonger folks consume-and they're not coming), and perhaps not the older crowd.

I'd like to see the spring game broadcast. I can only guess HCDB would prefer his first AND second teamers not be subject to social media scrutiny.

FWIW, I don't think open practices would help create the buzz we need. Too bad, for too long. Only winning. If closed practices help the team get there, than so be it .

College kids don’t think that way. I’m sure it was a shock to pay $5 for Wagner then it’s $20 for FSU. That is a lot.

Then you wouldn’t want seasons for those seats where the donation is a few hundred dollars.

Then you wouldn’t want seasons for those seats where the donation is a few hundred dollars.
But we aren’t talking about season tickets here. We’re talking about the casual fan and what it would take to fill the dome for a big game. And the casual fan is not paying $110 per seat for one game. It’s absurd.

But we aren’t talking about season tickets here. We’re talking about the casual fan and what it would take to fill the dome for a big game. And the casual fan is not paying $110 per seat for one game. It’s absurd.

And there’s other cheaper options for them available.

There are $35 seats still available...seems a bit more reasonable.

Looks like the lower bowl is mostly filled up with the 2nd tier not too far behind. Still a lot of seats up top available.

And there’s other cheaper options for them available.
That doesn’t solve the problem of packing the dome. Assuming they fill the corners and the end zones with those cheaper options, you still have gaping empty seats all over the sideline 300’s. The seats in full view of the cameras.

That doesn’t solve the problem of packing the dome. Assuming they fill the corners and the end zones with those cheaper options, you still have gaping empty seats all over the sideline 300’s. The seats in full view of the cameras.

I hear you...$110 is lot per ticket. They are the best seats in the dome though. However, it drops from $110 to $50 going from Row N to Row O. They probably should gradually go from $110 to $50 starting a few rows before Row N.

For season tickets my ideal seats would between the 30's in the first row of the top section. I look every year and never find any available. To me, those tickets are a steal for $500 for the season.

I hear you...$110 is lot per ticket. They are the best seats in the dome though. However, it drops from $110 to $50 going from Row N to Row O. They probably should gradually go from $110 to $50 starting a few rows before Row N.

For season tickets my ideal seats would between the 30's in the first row of the top section. I look every year and never find any available. To me, those tickets are a steal for $500 for the season.
100% agreed on the season price. And agreed on those seats being among the best in the house. But again, to the casual fan, they’re thinking “I’m not paying $100 a seat to sit in the nosebleeds for 1 game”. Especially considering the product on the field for the past 20 years.

I really have to wonder what SU is thinking, how in the world is Syracuse football currently a product that can price 300 level tickets for $110?? It’s kind of frustrating honestly to see. Knowing this is absolutely harming attendance for the game. The $110 tickets are just not selling, I’ve noticed hardly any difference from Monday till today. And I don’t think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out why.

There are tickets available for as low as $30 on SeatGeek. $35 on StubHub. The only $110 tickets in the 300 level are the unsold A level premium seats between the 35s in the first 12 rows.

I'd pay $110 for Iron Maiden. $110 for a football game?, I'd stay home and watch.

A family of 4 at those prices is funny.

I'd pay $110 for Iron Maiden. $110 for a football game?, I'd stay home and watch.

A family of 4 at those prices is funny.

I agree and I don't expect many, if any, of them getting sold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom