Florida State Crowd Predictions | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Florida State Crowd Predictions

repetitive excuse. Fact is a major program is coming to the dome in a game where cuse can realistically win. I'd rather people just not go rather than recycle the same trash over and over. Also, environment mattered in every big game won at home during a bad season.
It looks like your getting your wish - people aren't going.

Any guesses with how we are looking as of now through Ticketmaster? I am assuming about 40K so far...not good. And I agree with the poor pricing structure. That definitely needs to be fixed!

My best guess on ticketmaster is about 34k sold.

Pretty disappointed with how slow tickets are selling. We all know how important a packed dome would help keep Dino happy and here.

Pretty disappointed with how slow tickets are selling. We all know how important a packed dome would help keep Dino happy and here.

The writing was on the wall last week for Wagner. The AD and the rest of the staff are on the right track here with all of the changes but they have made the tough decision not to flood the market with free or heavily reduced tickets anymore which is going to hurt attendance until the product on the field forces peoples hands. The 12 noon start isn't optimal for this time of year and will probably cost several hundred if not more people who might have shown up but the attendance is what is this year. If Dino and the players want to increase it just win this Saturday, you will see the effects of that next week for Uconn.

Since I'm trying to offload my four UConn tickets for what I believe to be a substantial bargain ($80 for set) ;), I looked up the price if I were to buy them individually now. The total cost for the four tickets, in Section 118 is $230 after taxes and fees. That means to take a family of four to a game with decent, not great seats, its going to cost $250 to just park, walk, and sit. I'll stop short of saying that's extravagent, but that's a good amount of money and would be a substantial deterrent to someone not all-in on the program.

Go ask a few people on the street who SU football is playing this weekend and where. You would be shocked how many people don't know. TV dictates the start times so not much we can do about that. But if we were able to kick off at 7:00 more, I'm sure we'd get more casual fans looking for something to do at night. And the high school sports played Saturday morning and afternoon would all be done so that eliminates another conflict. Wouldn't be a huge difference but it might start re-introducing SU football back to a couple thousand more in the surrounding communities.

How about giving season ticket holders a couple cheap tickets as appreciation for being loyal on occasions when you want to boost tickets. That way you aren't offending them when they've forked over good money to lock in their seats. I may not be able to convince people to spend $50/ticket for a one off game but if I was able to buy $5-10 tickets, I'd spring for a couple friends to tag along.

How about giving season ticket holders a couple cheap tickets as appreciation for being loyal on occasions when you want to boost tickets. That way you aren't offending them when they've forked over good money to lock in their seats. I may not be able to convince people to spend $50/ticket for a one off game but if I was able to buy $5-10 tickets, I'd spring for a couple friends to tag along.

They did that a few years ago I think.

Since I'm trying to offload my four UConn tickets for what I believe to be a substantial bargain ($80 for set) ;), I looked up the price if I were to buy them individually now. The total cost for the four tickets, in Section 118 is $230 after taxes and fees. That means to take a family of four to a game with decent, not great seats, its going to cost $250 to just park, walk, and sit. I'll stop short of saying that's extravagent, but that's a good amount of money and would be a substantial deterrent to someone not all-in on the program.

I know 118 very well, if your looking at Ticketmaster those prices are probably for verified re-sale tickets. I just checked and they have 4 seats you can get either at will call or online for $168.00 for Uconn.

They did that about four years ago, a one-for-one free ticket for the opener (Nova, I think). We ended up with like 18 people in our group with all the freebies, people had a great time. Not sure why that didn't continue, though it's got to be tough with logistics.

I know 118 very well, if your looking at Ticketmaster those prices are probably for verified re-sale tickets. I just checked and they have 4 seats you can get either at will call or online for $168.00 for Uconn.
If you call the Carrier Dome Box Office there are no Ticketmaster fees.

Too bad it’s youth football day and the game is at noon. Most kids that play youth football will have a game Saturday morning or afternoon.

No offense intended to you, Bees, but this is a tired excuse. It's not like youth football on Saturday mornings is a unique thing to Central New York. In fact, I'm sure that youth football participation in CNY is far, far lower than a lot of other parts of the country. I can't imagine something like that moves the needle all that much anyway. It isn't like every single person at a youth football game would be attending the SU game if there wasn't a time conflict.

No offense intended to you, Bees, but this is a tired excuse. It's not like youth football on Saturday mornings is a unique thing to Central New York. In fact, I'm sure that youth football participation in CNY is far, far lower than a lot of other parts of the country. I can't imagine something like that moves the needle all that much anyway. It isn't like every single person at a youth football game would be attending the SU game if there wasn't a time conflict.
True. But it is unfortunate that a "youth football day" ends up being scheduled when the people it's aimed at are already busy. Maybe it doesn't move the needle that much but you end up with a group of football fans and future football fans that can't take advantage of something being offered and SU can't maximize a promotion. Every bit helps. Of course it's not SU's fault that the biggest name on this year's home schedule is down and they couldn't anticipate we'd be relegated to a noon spot.

Last edited:
Don't forget Marrone's first game. Against that same Minnesota team (that I know doesn't pop for the casual SU fan). In the Dome. At Noon. There were about 47k in the building.

I believe the moral of the story is.

1. Someone from SU should stand in the middle of the state fair with a stack of unsold tickets, and throw them up in the air.
2. We should change coaches before every game.

Attendance woes are solved. This first consultation is free.
47k in the building? Are we remembering the same Minnesota game? It was a good crowd but not bigger than the Clemson one last season and that was announced at like 42k.

47k in the building? Are we remembering the same Minnesota game? It was a good crowd but not bigger than the Clemson one last season and that was announced at like 42k.
chip is right check your facts, It was the Greg Paulas debut, Huge local interest.

Per the ESPN write-up of the game:

With Syracuse trailing 14-3 late in the first quarter, Paulus electrified the near-capacity crowd of 48,617, which included former Syracuse star Donovan McNabb, with his first collegiate scoring pass.

Minnesota vs. Syracuse - Game Recap - September 5, 2009 - ESPN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom