Florida State Crowd Predictions | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Florida State Crowd Predictions

Not to be a downer but where you see huge blocks of unavailable seats upper deck sidelines. I doubt those have been opened up. Think we might be 33 34 k right now.

Not to be a downer but where you see huge blocks of unavailable seats upper deck sidelines. I doubt those have been opened up. Think we might be 33 34 k right now.

That's probably about right. I say 40 in there makes a big difference. I was hoping for 42.5K

It will come around. Casual fan still sees 4-8 last two seasons. Dino isn't that charming people. Sorry.

Who cares anymore? I think we are way past fans showing up at this point, what I don't get is I think Dino expects there to be more fans at this point? Get a bowl game bub or a winning season. I just don't get the mentality where the causal fan should be coming back. One win does not move the radar but winning seasons may help.

I maintain that Dino with any success will be on the first train out of here. Not blaming him or the fans at this point

That's probably about right. I say 40 in there makes a big difference. I was hoping for 42.5K

It will come around. Casual fan still sees 4-8 last two seasons. Dino isn't that charming people. Sorry.

Who cares anymore? I think we are way past fans showing up at this point, what I don't get is I think Dino expects there to be more fans at this point? Get a bowl game bub or a winning season. I just don't get the mentality where the causal fan should be coming back. One win does not move the radar but winning seasons may help.

I maintain that Dino with any success will be on the first train out of here. Not blaming him or the fans at this point

i don't think people realize how irrelevant Syracuse is to the casual fan. We are lunatics for sticking around thick and thin but the normal person IS raking leaves and doing other things b/c the product has been dreadful for 17 years. You lose your customers when your products stink.

If the attendance is 38k it's 38k hard core fans. The 5-6k additional fans are the curiosity seakers. They'll come if we win.

SU ought to be reaching out to Utica-Rome bigly. Set up a spot at their mall and peddle tickets at a discount...not huge discount but maybe 25% off list.

That's kind of pathetic. Its big time college football in CNY.
That's the definition of casual. They don't necessarily care about college football, regardless of how bigtime it is. They care about what's currently cool and a good show. It's been a loooooooooonnnnnnngggggg time since we could claim to be both of those things. People need to stop thinking the casual fan thinks like the people on this board or cares about the same things.

Living in a football crazed area like Knoxville, sometimes I find the Syracuse thinking refreshing. People that know nothing about sports here act like huge fans and are obnoxious. The priority on sports here in SEC country is way out of wack. My preference would be a thought process somewhere in the middle, but in a world of extremes, I don't know that that is realistic.

SU ought to be reaching out to Utica-Rome bigly. Set up a spot at their mall and peddle tickets at a discount...not huge discount but maybe 25% off list.
Agreed. They love their sports down there.

The noon start hurts attendance. Especially when it is expected to be 80 plus degrees and sunny on Saturday. If this was a late game I would expect 41-42, but we will be just under that.

SU should be selling the upper level tickets for $10 to general population and $5 to students just to get more bodies in the seats for this one game. Make more money on concessions. The important thing is adding to the home field advantage and creating a favorable/exciting environment for the recruits in the building who will help us win more games in the future. It's an investment. A win vs. FSU Saturday is many times more valuable than the few thousand dollars SU might not get from selling discounted tickets.

It's just not an event that enough people care about.

Unfortunate.

I won't be there given I live in Ohio, but I'll be watching. Was invited as a plus 1 to a wedding with a girl I know, who knows the bride. Ceremony scheduled for Sat @ 1pm, reception @ 5pm. Before I officially told her I'd go with her she made the mistake of saying I could just go to the reception with her (I was on fence about wanting to go). Well... once I realized this game is at 12 (was a bit behind the 8 ball, as they say), no chance I miss this game to attend a wedding ceremony for a couple I don't even know.

So... I will be watching this game from the hotel room we and another couple will be staying at. When I told her I would be meeting at reception, she was a bit surprised and said "I can do whatever I want." We all know what that means. However, I brought up what she said a week prior about meeting at reception, which apparently was just a "courtesy" comment, not meant to be taken literally. Oops. I should introduce here to the sarcasm font.

Go orange.

The noon start hurts attendance. Especially when it is expected to be 80 plus degrees and sunny on Saturday. If this was a late game I would expect 41-42, but we will be just under that.
This is the right answer. Not to mention the fact that although FSU is a big name, they’re 1-1 right now, are not ranked, and have looked pretty terrible so far this season. That won’t move the attendance needle in the right direction, unfortunately. People in this town like to be a part of the big buzz event - this is not it. I don’t think we have one of those on the home schedule this year.

im genuinely baffled about the noon start argument when NFL games commonly start at 1, baseball games start at noon, and fans have no problems making it. Locals find way too many excuses when it comes to attendance issues.

People dont want to spend one of the last nice days of summer in a dome watching a team that has sucked for 20 years.

People dont want to spend one of the last nice days of summer in a dome watching a team that has sucked for 20 years.
repetitive excuse. Fact is a major program is coming to the dome in a game where cuse can realistically win. I'd rather people just not go rather than recycle the same trash over and over. Also, environment mattered in every big game won at home during a bad season.

repetitive excuse. Fact is a major program is coming to the dome in a game where cuse can realistically win. I'd rather people just not go rather than recycle the same trash over and over. Also, environment mattered in every big game won at home during a bad season.

I don’t disagree, as a die hard fan, with you. But its just not how casuals think.

I won't be there given I live in Ohio, but I'll be watching. Was invited as a plus 1 to a wedding with a girl I know, who knows the bride. Ceremony scheduled for Sat @ 1pm, reception @ 5pm. Before I officially told her I'd go with her she made the mistake of saying I could just go to the reception with her (I was on fence about wanting to go). Well... once I realized this game is at 12 (was a bit behind the 8 ball, as they say), no chance I miss this game to attend a wedding ceremony for a couple I don't even know.

So... I will be watching this game from the hotel room we and another couple will be staying at. When I told her I would be meeting at reception, she was a bit surprised and said "I can do whatever I want." We all know what that means. However, I brought up what she said a week prior about meeting at reception, which apparently was just a "courtesy" comment, not meant to be taken literally. Oops. I should introduce here to the sarcasm font.

Go orange.

Wedding rules:

1. Not on a Fall Saturday.
2. Open bar first, all other expenses second.

Reach out to Rochester too. I know its Bills country but get SOME marketing over here!

Instead of trying to be New Yorks college team they should first have tried to lock down being the regions team.

SU should be selling the upper level tickets for $10 to general population and $5 to students just to get more bodies in the seats for this one game. Make more money on concessions. The important thing is adding to the home field advantage and creating a favorable/exciting environment for the recruits in the building who will help us win more games in the future. It's an investment. A win vs. FSU Saturday is many times more valuable than the few thousand dollars SU might not get from selling discounted tickets.

Which would basically tell season ticket holders to not bother buying seasons. Just by game-to-game for less than half of what you paid for your seats. Protect your base and don't cheapen the product.

Wedding rules:

1. Not on a Fall Saturday.
2. Open bar first, all other expenses second.

Wish my buddies had followed that rule. Missing back-to-back games versus UNC and NC State in October because I have weddings both of those weekends. And one of those friends is an SU season ticket holder and huge fan! :confused:

Which would basically tell season ticket holders to not bother buying seasons. Just by game-to-game for less than half of what you paid for your seats. Protect your base and don't cheapen the product.
The Syracuse Chiefs gave away tickets for years and now the new GM is struggling to get people to support the team when they have to pay for tickets. The new AD has the right idea in terms of making the pregame festivities an event, discounting food, and offering in game entertainment. When this team starts winning the casual fans will be back.

$125 for the season per seat for all 3rd level seats is a better way to get those upper deck seats to sell along with winning

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom