Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday - for Basketball | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Wednesday for Basketball

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
National-Banana-Cream-Pie-Die.jpg

Welcome to National Banana Creme Pie Day!

National Banana Cream Pie Day is recognized annually on March 2nd. Celebrated throughout the United States, pie lovers enjoy this day as they get to indulge in one of America’s most popular cream pies.

Remember, bananas are loaded with potassium!

The process from the traditional custard pie was modified into a recipe for the appetizing and flavorful banana cream pie. Now there are many variations in thousands of recipes for this yummy pie and recipes for banana cream pie can be found in recipe books dating back into the 19th century.

Banana cream pie was ranked the number one favorite dessert among the soldiers of the United States Armed Services in the 1950s.

SU News

marcus-paige-michael-gbinije-ncaa-basketball-syracuse-north-carolina-2-850x560.jpg

Diagnosing Syracuse Basketball's Loss to UNC (insidetheloudhouse.com; Kimmel)
Syracuse basketball’s loss to the North Carolina Tar Heels last night was a tough one for fans to swallow, but definitely worth dissecting.
As I sit here on a Tuesday and try and analyze Syracuse basketball’s nail-biting loss to North Carolina, I’m struggling to define a single factor that resulted in the defeat. As I scrolled through Twitter after last night’s game, it was bothering me when fellow Syracuse fans were saying, “It was a lack of effort,” or “They just didn’t want it bad enough.”

That’s one of my pet peaves in sports. It’s ridiculous to think that the Orange didn’t want to win that game, especially the seniors. The great Ray Lewis once said, “Nobody can judge effort. Effort is between you and yourself.” Fans certainly have the ability to judge effort, but making those blatant assumptions is absolutely above their pay grade. One man holds responsibility of that title: Jim Boeheim.

Other

19853960-mmmain.jpg

'Catfish' Co-Hosts Nev Schulman, Max Joseph Spotted Filming in Watertown NY (PS; Herbert)

It's not an online hoax: "Catfish" is filming in Upstate New York.

Nev Schulman and Max Joseph, co-hosts of MTV's "Catfish: The TV Show," were spotted filming scenes in Watertown, N.Y. on Tuesday. Thrifted owner Alisha Tillson posted a photo on Facebook of them stopping by her consignment store, revealing it would be used in an upcoming episode.

The Watertown Daily times reports Tillson was contacted by representatives of the show last Monday about "Catfish" coming to film, but had to keep it a secret until now.

"Being a fan of the MTV show, I was super excited to be included," she told the newspaper.

It's unclear what the episode will entail, but a "catfish" is someone who creates a fake social media account with the intention of seducing and/or deceiving someone online. One of the most famous victims is former Notre Dame football player Manti Te'o, who was duped into believing he was dating a woman online and was later told she died of leukemia -- when his girlfriend never existed.

Schulman and Joseph, who have co-hosted the reality TV show since 2012, typically investigate stories based on tips from fans and try to help victims track down the culprit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom