For those familiar with the teams that are left.. | Syracusefan.com

For those familiar with the teams that are left..

mark79

All Conference
How would you rank the teams that are left in terms of ability to put tons of pressure on our guards, ala Louisville. I know Louisville is number one. Which teams that remain are best at that?

1. Louisville - we already know
2. Kansas - best field goal percentage defense in NCAA, Johnson (6-4) and McLemore (6-5)
3. Florida - top 5 field goal percentage defense in NCAA, top 30 turnover margin,
4. Michigan State - top 50 team in steals and top 25 in field goal percentage defense
5. Marquette - They know the zone and Buzz will give pressure throughout the game
6. Duke- top 15 in turnover margin, guards are 6-1 to 6-2
7. Ohio State- top 30 in turnover margin, forward matchup concerns, craft will pressure MCW
8. Michigan- top 40 turnover margin, offensive team first
9. Wichita State- athletic guards (have to get through OSU and then possibly Louisville so not worried)
10. Oregon - Has to get through Louisville
11. FGC- if they make it through Florida and then winner of Kansas/Mich then I will worry but they love the transition

Overall the teams that scare me the most is.
1. Marquette- next game and they are tough take one again, one game at a time
2. Kansas - don't like the matchup in the final 4 if they beat Michigan (GO Michigan)
3. Louisville - if they are in the championship game then that will be an interesting game
4. Duke/Mich St. - don't like the matchups but they have to get through Louisville first and likely OSU
5. OSU - don't like matchup with forwards but Triche and MCW would need big games like Indiana
6. Michigan - We matchup great with UM and they are an offensive team first, their 1-3-1 might give us problems though.
7. Oregon/Wich St/FGC- not worried because they have a long road

1. Louisville - we already know
2. Kansas - best field goal percentage defense in NCAA, Johnson (6-4) and McLemore (6-5)
3. Florida - top 5 field goal percentage defense in NCAA, top 30 turnover margin,
4. Michigan State - top 50 team in steals and top 25 in field goal percentage defense
5. Marquette - They know the zone and Buzz will give pressure throughout the game
6. Duke- top 15 in turnover margin, guards are 6-1 to 6-2
7. Ohio State- top 30 in turnover margin, forward matchup concerns, craft will pressure MCW
8. Michigan- top 40 turnover margin, offensive team first
9. Wichita State- athletic guards (have to get through OSU and then possibly Louisville so not worried)
10. Oregon - Has to get through Louisville
11. FGC- if they make it through Florida and then winner of Kansas/Mich then I will worry but they love the transition

Overall the teams that scare me the most is.
1. Marquette- next game and they are tough take one again, one game at a time
2. Kansas - don't like the matchup in the final 4 if they beat Michigan (GO Michigan)
3. Louisville - if they are in the championship game then that will be an interesting game
4. Duke/Mich St. - don't like the matchups but they have to get through Louisville first and likely OSU
5. OSU - don't like matchup with forwards but Triche and MCW would need big games like Indiana
6. Michigan - We matchup great with UM and they are an offensive team first, their 1-3-1 might give us problems though.
7. Oregon/Wich St/FGC- not worried because they have a long road
Im more converned with Michigan. I have zero respect for the big12 and anyone in it.

What do we have to do to beat Marquette?

- avoid turnovers
- rebound the ball
- stay out of foul trouble
- cause turnovers

Play D like we did last night. I think we do those things and we get the win.

What do we have to do to beat Marquette?

- avoid turnovers
- rebound the ball
- stay out of foul trouble
- cause turnovers

Play D like we did last night. I think we do those things and we get the win.

REBOUND, REBOUND, REBOUND Can't have second chance points for Marquette.
Guards have to defend the penetration better so BMK and RAK don't pick up stupid fouls on the dish down low
Don't allow Marquette to bully inside also (Gardner)

These hurt SU in the first meeting because it got them to the line. This is not Hack a Shaq. Gardner hits over 80% of his free throws. Hopefully the refs won't be one-sided like the first meeting tough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom