For those of you who missed it Saturday...UCONN's final first half possession Saturday... | Syracusefan.com

For those of you who missed it Saturday...UCONN's final first half possession Saturday...

Jake

Mod
went like this.

They get the ball with about 33 seconds left. 3 time outs somewhere around their 45 yard line.

Swing pass – incomplete.

Complete pass over the middle for a big gain to the Rutgers 34.

Clock stops to move the chains at :23 seconds.

Uconn players scrambling trying to line up.

No time out called.

Official spots the ball and winds the clock. :22, :21,:20

Crowd is SCREAMING to call a time out.

Whitmer still under center trying to line players up and snap the ball…all the way down to :15 or 16 seconds when OFFICIALS call time out to review the play.

Still no snap and still no time out.

Officials confirm the catch, spot the ball and wind the clock AGAIN. At least two seconds tick off before the ball is snapped…incomplete pass.

Now there is :08 seconds left and they still have all three time outs.

Out comes the FG unit. Not even an attempt to get a quick pass to move the kicker closer.

FG missed but all three time outs are preserved.

I went into Vietnam Agent Orange Flashback mode – it was their version of the 4 point FG.

CLOCK MANAGEMENT HELPS A SMART COACH AND EXPOSES THE BAD COACH.

I watched that whole drive quite pathetic. I am obviously not a fan but I got pretty pissed and was yelling What is going on...lol

went like this.

They get the ball with about 33 seconds left. 3 time outs somewhere around their 45 yard line.

Swing pass – incomplete.

No time out called.

Whitmer still under center trying to line players up and snap the ball…all the way down to :15 or 16 seconds when OFFICIALS call time out to review the play.

Officials confirm the catch, spot the ball and wind the clock AGAIN. At least two seconds tick off before the ball is snapped…incomplete pass.

Out comes the FG unit. Not even an attempt to get a quick pass to move the kicker closer.

I went into Vietnam Agent Orange Flashback mode – it was their version of the 4 point FG.

From reading the Uconn board appears this year has been a disaster with play calling and time/clock management. Sounds highly unlikely Coach P will survive after this season, the knives are out for him and especially Deleone.

virginia tech 2000 in the dome. nunes dying for them to call a play tick tock tick tock

memory is fading but i remember nunes with his arms out freaking out along with everyone else in the dome

good times

went like this.

Swing pass – incomplete.

No time out called.

Picture Barbara Streisand...Memories...Memories...of the way we were...

From reading the Uconn board appears this year has been a disaster with play calling and time/clock management. Sounds highly unlikely Coach P will survive after this season, the knives are out for him and especially Deleone.

3-5 in conf since 2011 vs 2-6 for Marrone.
44% winning percentage overall vs 45% for Marrone

And Marrone is getting an extension.

uconn lost the game for me when the drove down the field mid half got down to the 1 ran play action overthrew a wide open rcvr then settled for FG, they had run 7 plays in a row with success down to the one.

rutgers was up 6-0 after scoring on a 17 and 15 yd drive.. uconn should have been leading at the half and blew it. uconn had 6 drives over 30 yds for one field goal.. rutgers had three. but again 5 TO's for uconn

well, we all know that P long ago named Deleone OC for life - I see lots of their fans writing about how they're willing to give P more time, but Deleone has got to go... gives me a good chuckle

3-5 in conf since 2011 vs 2-6 for Marrone.
44% winning percentage overall vs 45% for Marrone

And Marrone is getting an extension.

And one program was coming off a BCS bowl when they made the hire, while the other had won 10 games in four years.

And one program was coming off a BCS bowl when they made the hire, while the other had won 10 games in four years.
Marrone has had enough time. Sick of that argument.

And not act like the 2010 Huskies were world beaters they went 5-2 in conf and went to a BCS bowl by default and got blasted 48-20 (the also lost to Temple).

And not act like the 2010 Huskies were world beaters they went 5-2 in conf and went to a BCS bowl by default and got blasted 48-20 (the also lost to Temple).

My point is that Syracuse football has undoubtedly improved from the Greg Robinson era, while it appears UCONN football may be regressing.

Yeah, that's a terrible argument b/c no one in their right mind would argue that the UConn program under Edsall was in much better shape than the SU program at any point since the early 2000s. That would be insane. Jury's still out on DM's future here, IMO, but the only thing making you sick of that argument is that it is inconvenient for fans that want to b!tch constantly about our current staff.

P used those 3 saved timeouts so he could add them to his A&P stamp collection to get that really cool tackling dummy they have in the catalog.

God, That was brutal P&D to the nth degree.

Yeah, that's a terrible argument b/c no one in their right mind would argue that the UConn program under Edsall was in much better shape than the SU program at any point since the early 2000s. That would be insane. Jury's still out on DM's future here, IMO, but the only thing making you sick of that argument is that it is inconvenient for fans that want to b!tch constantly about our current staff.
Who's bitching? Pointing out the stats.

Maybe they were just too accustomed to not having any timeouts available, so they didn't even know?

Had to. Sorry.

I think it was because P was so shocked that they completed a forward pass for more than 10 yards, he wasn't sure what to do.

went like this.

Swing pass – incomplete.

No time out called.

I think you're the one who advised me to let it go and to move on.

Right?

well, we all know that P long ago named Deleone OC for life - I see lots of their fans writing about how they're willing to give P more time, but Deleone has got to go... gives me a good chuckle

It's like reading this board 10 years ago.

44cuse

44cuse

Yeah, when we went to bowl games - and beat teams like Auburn, K-State, and Pitt and Va Tech.

I was in Scottsdale ten years ago for the Insight Bowl - had a lot of fun.

Yeah, when we went to bowl games - and beat teams like Auburn, K-State, and Pitt and Va Tech.

and when we were good for at least one 45+ to 0 loss each year.

44cuse

It really is if you read some of the posts over there its literally like they just changed the board name from Syracuse to Uconn because its exactly the same. The time managment issue is zero surprise neither is the refusal to throw on any down but 3rd.

Whether you like it or not, P is not a great coach. I've disengaged from you on this 2 years ago (while others have picked up the slack). All the same things are playing out right now on the UCONN board. You just choose not to see it.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom