For those who don't care for the CBS/Turner. . . | Syracusefan.com

For those who don't care for the CBS/Turner. . .

longtimefan

Hall of Fame
NCAA coverage--

You're out of luck. Just extended their agreement.

If you're counting, that puts it through 2032 (we should live that long :)).

$1.1 billion per year. It boggles the mind.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but with the constant commercials, the awful start times, and the obvious cash grab that was this years selection show, I kind of long for the days when the tournament was only on CBS.

Yay, I can't wait for more Barkley, and next years 3 hour selection show.
One of the articles I read quoted a CBS spokesman as saying they were aware viewers were unhappy and they were going to address it with a more timely unveiling of the bracket.

Found it

On the topic of the much-criticized CBS Selection Show, which delayed the complete brackets until 77 minutes into the show (the entire show had been just an hour in previous years), McManus said, “We haven’t had any specific discussions but I think we all agree it would serve all of us well including the fan to release the brackets in a little more timely manner.”

other than late starts for a few late round games what other times do people have gripes with? and the reality is a late 8-10 start here would have people on the west coast complaining about games starting before we get home.

Being on the west coast I love the new set up. There was a period in time where I would not be able to watch the Cuse games. They would have some other game involving University of Washington or Gonzaga or someone team from the Midwest. Now I can watch and record on DVR every Syracuse game and watch them live and over and over again to my hearts content. My wife preferred the old way.

I also have the terrible memory of Syracuse vs Richmond. There was no bottom line or anything and no way to look up scores. You would have to wait for updates. I couldn't believe it was happening. I thought it was some sort of typo or something. Then they went over literally when the ball was being inbounded to end the game. Talk about a kick to the nuts.

CBS was awful. back angles and no replays of several crucial sequences. hopefully they watch the tape and learn from their mistakes.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but with the constant commercials, the awful start times, and the obvious cash grab that was this years selection show, I kind of long for the days when the tournament was only on CBS.

The fact that every single game is on TV beats the he!! out of "I hope and pray CBS shows the SU game in my area AND that they don't cut away during the game. Cutaways used to happen constantly. You would miss half the game...

Yeah, the studio guys are terrible and so are a bunch of the announcing crews but you would get that even if it was on ESPN. When you are getting down to your D, E & F announcing crews, they are not going to be great on any channel...

One of the articles I read quoted a CBS spokesman as saying they were aware viewers were unhappy and they were going to address it with a more timely unveiling of the bracket.

Found it

On the topic of the much-criticized CBS Selection Show, which delayed the complete brackets until 77 minutes into the show (the entire show had been just an hour in previous years), McManus said, “We haven’t had any specific discussions but I think we all agree it would serve all of us well including the fan to release the brackets in a little more timely manner.”

If they had a brain they would go after Jay Bilas, and keep the selection show to an hr.

If they had a brain they would go after Jay Bilas, and keep the selection show to an hr.
No. Keep Bilas on espn. Other then him and Greenberg there isn't really any other announcer that I like and actually adds good basketball insights.

wtf2.gif

I said "kind of" :oops:
Commercials - Annoying for sure but just turn it to one of the other four games on.

Start Times - The second round games annoy me but I see why they do it.

Selection Show - An abomination and I guarantee they won't pull that garbage ever again.

No. Keep Bilas on espn. Other then him and Greenberg there isn't really any other announcer that I like and actually adds good basketball insights.

He has done Cbs before,don't you want the best experts during the most important time of your season?

CBS was awful. back angles and no replays of several crucial sequences. hopefully they watch the tape and learn from their mistakes.
Reverting to CBS only was not the only option. ESPN/ABC could probably have done the job as well or better. But I'm sure the current holders of the rights had the inside track.

Back when you were stuck with only 1 game on TV and being at the mercy of their stupid switches. No thanks. It's great to be able to see every game and chose which to watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom