Forget the tournament, the numbers, all of that | Syracusefan.com

Forget the tournament, the numbers, all of that

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
As I type this, Sean made a great comment- "Syracuse looks completely uninspired". And he's right. Where is the emotion? The heart? Up 24-14... where's the fire!? Playing for the tournament!

That starts with coaching. Some players are more reserved than others (Roberson, McNeil, etc), but an entire team? People hate on Buzz, Dixon, etc, but you don't think the players feed off of that?

We are limited. No denying it. But the intensity is quite honestly really lacking in my opinion.

terrible job by boeheim. zero adjustments against pitt.

And with us having the unfair home game advantage. What gives? Earlier myself and others were saying JB was having one of his better coaching seasons...what has changed?

All that needs to be said is 19 wins and a loss to St Johns. Don't care who was coaching that game. We're shot.

In before we come back and win and the mood changes to "O YEAAAA BABY, CUSE BBALL IS BACK, TIME TO MAKE A RUN IN THE NCAAT!!!!!!!!"

They sure look inspired now.

What a shame we got down 14--had it been closer we'd be comfortably ahead right now...

We haven't had any intensity in 30 years. Just the kids Boeheim recruits and the way he coaches. Not saying it's good or bad (we have been good at a lot of things over the years, and you can't have it all) but you are right, it is very frustrating to watch these teams filled with emotion and us look like we are going through the motions.

Mano22 said:
We haven't had any intensity in 30 years. Just the kids Boeheim recruits and the way he coaches. Not saying it's good or bad (we have been good at a lot of things over the years, and you can't have it all) but you are right, it is very frustrating to watch these teams filled with emotion and us look like we are going through the motions.
We won a championship in2003. That team had plenty of intensity. Devo, Flynn, Dion, scoop, fab were all intense.

They sure look inspired now.

What a shame we got down 14--had it been closer we'd be comfortably ahead right now...

Had it been closer JB doesn't implement the trunk monkey press.

I think Matt Moyer is going be a very good player for us but I'm positive he will bring intensity and emotion we've been lacking.

Its a shame we had to wait to be down 14 to get inspired, should have played that way for 40 minutes.

This is what I'm talking about. We've seen this all year honestly. We just go thru motions, get down, then suddenly wake up. Biggest game of the year...you need to be fired up. We finally got it once we tied it but no excuse to not have that energy all game.

This is what I'm talking about. We've seen this all year honestly. We just go thru motions, get down, then suddenly wake up. Biggest game of the year...you need to be fired up. We finally got it once we tied it but no excuse to not have that energy all game.

Exactly, we knew the Fsu game could seal the deal, and we come out flat to start the first half, and second half, and start to play hard when we get down big.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom