Formula 1 2023 Season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Formula 1 2023 Season

Perez getting a shot across his bow with the Danny move

Perez getting a shot across his bow with the Danny move

Absolutely. You have to wonder if Perez starts pursuing a seat elsewhere. not sure how is contract works, but hard to see RB not letting him out. Normally you take the money, but I can imagine how bad of a work environment that is.

On the Ricciardo side I am a big fan of his, but getting into another car with a rear instability is going to be tricky. Sounds like the AT shares some of the challenges the McLaren had. He was lilley comfortable with the RB19 because it fits his driving style. Hopefully AT are fixing the downforce challenges in slow corners.

We’re finally back to racing this weekend. :)

Rooting for another Max home victory, but would like to see some more interesting races at the front thereafter.

WOW what a finish for McLaren and Ferrari. Awesome ending hope you guys watched that one!

WOW what a finish for McLaren and Ferrari. Awesome ending hope you guys watched that one!
Needed one more lap for Max to pass LeClerc.

Weird race, Singapore. Full for a long while, with no passes of interest, and then the safety cars and tire strategies made it quite tense and exciting at the end. Good to have new winners. Glad Hamilton got a podium, but Russell’s fortunes match my own tendencies when I’m on the last lap on the Xbox.

Weird race, Singapore. Full for a long while, with no passes of interest, and then the safety cars and tire strategies made it quite tense and exciting at the end. Good to have new winners. Glad Hamilton got a podium, but Russell’s fortunes match my own tendencies when I’m on the last lap on the Xbox.
Pretty much a standard parade for an hour and then we got to have a little fun. Maybe the most fun this season has allowed in regards to possibility of a late pass for the lead. Brilliant job by Sainz to keep Lando within DRS as a buffer. Couldn't have managed it any better.

F1 once again making a joke of itself.

Disqualifying two drivers in the Austin race, for plank violations, on a circuit everyone complains about for the bumps, and after a sprint race the day before.

Rules are rules, and lower ride heights do equal better performance, but they only scrutineered four of the cars and found fault with two of those four. If they had checked all of them, they’d likely have had to disqualify half the field.

Disqualifying two drivers in the Austin race, for plank violations, on a circuit everyone complains about for the bumps, and after a sprint race the day before.

Rules are rules, and lower ride heights do equal better performance, but they only scrutineered four of the cars and found fault with two of those four. If they had checked all of them, they’d likely have had to disqualify half the field.

Yea, that's wild.
Also- They need to find a new TV producer. Whoever is in charge of choosing camera angles during the race should be fired.

Also again- Am I turning into a McLaren fan?!

Austin has a bad rep, just ask moto gp guys. Would love for F1 to swap it for a different track. I know they're considered grade 2 tracks but it'd be nice fore them to dump some money into Laguna Seca or my personal bias, the Glen, and bump them up in grade. I think coming back to the Glen would tap into some serious nostalgia feels for a lot of the fan base.

Poor Checo. Gotta think he's done with RB and knows that he just blew his last chance to race F1 in Mexico. Was only a couple inches of turning in too early from pulling off a awesome move.

Poor Checo. Gotta think he's done with RB and knows that he just blew his last chance to race F1 in Mexico. Was only a couple inches of turning in too early from pulling off a awesome move.
He has been such a mess since the summer break. He has been driving sloppy, and if he doesn't make that lunge there he likely has a podium finish. End of the day he is lagging both McLaren drivers in post break points, with Lando doubling his output.

IS THIS REAL LIFE?!

ESPN reporting Hamilton to Ferrari in 2025!!! (Hearing rumors that 2024 is possible)
Hopefully this opens the door for Albon to Merc, but hearing Alonso's camp is already talking to Toto.
This is insanity!

IS THIS REAL LIFE?!

ESPN reporting Hamilton to Ferrari in 2025!!! (Hearing rumors that 2024 is possible)
Hopefully this opens the door for Albon to Merc, but hearing Alonso's camp is already talking to Toto.
This is insanity!
Honestly think F1 execs must have leaked it last night to try and cover the disgusting Andretti decision from yesterday.

Honestly think F1 execs must have leaked it last night to try and cover the disgusting Andretti decision from yesterday.

Ahh I could see that

The fact they don't think Andretti will bring any value to F1 but we're left with this steaming pile of crap called HAAS is infuriating.

Also I can't wait to see the radio coms between Lewis and the Ferrari pit wall

Last edited:
IS THIS REAL LIFE?!

This is insanity!
Holy. I had just read earlier today that this was just an unfounded rumor/dream. But he did have an option on his Merc contract for 2025. I assumed he’d wait to see how Mercedes improved in 2024 before making a decision. Yeah, this is big, but I think possibly unwise. Splitting points with Leclerc isn’t the way to a championship. I think this is more about fulfilling a childhood dream in his last year before retiring. Oh, well. This will finally give me a reason to cheer for a Ferrari F1 car, but I’m going to stick with Merc, Toto, and George.

It’s kinda weird to have an entire lame duck season, isn’t it? There’s a lot a driver can take to a new team, as they always start development during the ongoing season.

Splitting points with Leclerc isn’t the way to a championship. I think this is more about fulfilling a childhood dream in his last year before retiring.
Dude's obvly a fierce competitor and would never publicly admit he's done winning ships, but ya gotta think he knows he's done and this is a bucket list / dream check off before he rides off into the sunset.

I feel bad for Charles.

Holy. I had just read earlier today that this was just an unfounded rumor/dream. But he did have an option on his Merc contract for 2025. I assumed he’d wait to see how Mercedes improved in 2024 before making a decision. Yeah, this is big, but I think possibly unwise. Splitting points with Leclerc isn’t the way to a championship. I think this is more about fulfilling a childhood dream in his last year before retiring. Oh, well. This will finally give me a reason to cheer for a Ferrari F1 car, but I’m going to stick with Merc, Toto, and George.

It’s kinda weird to have an entire lame duck season, isn’t it? There’s a lot a driver can take to a new team, as they always start development during the ongoing season.
Once that 2025 development starts becoming a priority, that's when Lewis is going to get exiled from anything important. Going to be a funny situation when he's been the franchise.

It'll be interesting to see Russell getting the preferential treatment over Lewis this season.

I wonder if Andretti has tried to by out HAAS yet.

“Here’s our new car!!! Oh yea, it’s not fast at all!”
IMG_0816.jpeg

“Here’s our new car!!! Oh yea, it’s not fast at all!” View attachment 237263
Complete waste of a grid spot. They're not even trying, "out of the gate"... they never bring upgrades... to claim last place pace before the season even starts is nuts. It's pretty clear Gene's plan is to sell HAAS once he feels like F1 has peaked. Seems like he's just holding out trying to time the market, and the team as a whole is nothing more than an investment vehicle for him. I wish they could be forced to sell.

Complete waste of a grid spot. They're not even trying, "out of the gate"... they never bring upgrades... to claim last place pace before the season even starts is nuts. It's pretty clear Gene's plan is to sell HAAS once he feels like F1 has peaked. Seems like he's just holding out trying to time the market, and the team as a whole is nothing more than an investment vehicle for him. I wish they could be forced to sell.
Andretti should buy them out for 2026. New rules, new cars.

I'd still like to see them get back to a 24 car grid. Not sure if that'll happen any time $oon.

Andretti should buy them out for 2026. New rules, new cars.

I'd still like to see them get back to a 24 car grid. Not sure if that'll happen any time $oon.
24 cars would be amazing but the way things are $tructured right now... yeah no way it happens. Unlike owners like say Stroll, it doesn't even seem like Gene cares about the sport at all, has absolutely minimum involvement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom