Four seed in the West? | Syracusefan.com

Four seed in the West?

Yeah,
I would take it in a minute. I would actually rather be a four than a three out west if the Zags get the one seed.
because the long haired kid won't kill our zone.

Given our center situation, I really don't want to see the Zags.

If we are a 4, Gonzaga region is the best draw we can hope for. Indiana, Miami, Louisville, Kansas, Duke are all worse match ups for us in my opinion. I would much rather be a 3 seed and not have the 1 seed be able to spend the whole week preparing for the zone.

Any 1 seed is susceptible to 8/9 winner.

I swear any team that gets thrown out people are like OMGGG NOOO ANYONE BUT THEMMM. Lol, I'll take Gonzaga against our zone anyday of the week. if Olynck or whatever his name is carves us up so be it. He hasnt played against anyone as athletic as BMK/Xmas and Gonzaga as a whole hasnt seen ANYTHING like the defense they will see from us.

Not to mention that Few didn't exactly set any records against our zone a few years ago in the tourney.

Our center situation then was much shakier than it is now.

I swear any team that gets thrown out people are like OMGGG NOOO ANYONE BUT THEMMM. Lol, I'll take Gonzaga against our zone anyday of the week. if Olynck or whatever his name is carves us up so be it. He hasnt played against anyone as athletic as BMK/Xmas and Gonzaga as a whole hasnt seen ANYTHING like the defense they will see from us.

agreed

Still want the 3 to let the 1 have to get through the entire gauntlet of the tourney before we have to face them in the regional final but I respect but do not fear the Zags

this year it really depends - if we get a crappy 13 seed with the 4 i will take it .. i am more focused on what is the best matchup in our first game than worrying about the swt 16 matchup

The website was last updated yesterday -on ESPN's Bracketology show at 11 am today, he had us as a 4.
Gotcha. Thanks. Remember which 1st round pod he had us in?

No, they didn't show that - just the 4 regions, and the top 4 seeds in each.

No, they didn't show that - just the 4 regions, and the top 4 seeds in each.
Thanks. I would think that if we were to climb to a 3, Philly might be back in play, as a 'protected' seed.

He has us as a 4 in Austin, with Ok State as the 5. Doesn't seem particularly fair for us.

He has us as a 4 in Austin, with Ok State as the 5. Doesn't seem particularly fair for us.
Neither was Worcester or Auburn Hills. It happens. Just seems to happen a bit more to us. Oklahoma probably didn't like having to play us in Albany. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom