Fran Brown Coaching Staff | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Coaching Staff

I got laughed at when I suggested that we might emerge as the Notheast destination for recruiting, cutting into PSU’s dominance. 48hrs later it seems even more plausible now.
To be fair, saying it after the last 20 plus years of Syracuse football is unimaginable. Even when the tide starts turning it’s going to take some time for a lot of us to actually believe it lol.

Last edited:
I would like a QB coach unless someone presumably has worn that hat before or splitting duties.
I missed one. There are, I believe, 10 assistants and the HC.

So there is room for a QB coach too and we will probably have one. Made the change to my original post.

Would like to see a defensive coach added with some DC experience to help Elijah.

I expect at least one coach added with a lot of ties to Florida recruiting. That is why I have Travis Fisher and Gross-Armiento on the staff. Gross-Armiento is on the TA&M staff and has coached with Elijah. We might well add another defensive coach from A&M as Elko is probably installing his defense and bringing most of the defensive staff he had at Duke with him.

In a perfect world, there would also be a coach on staff with ties to the DMV area. Another with deep ties to Pennsylvania. Another coach with ties to NC/SC/GA would be great but these guys can probably handle it.

Guessing we hire no one with strong ties to recruiting the Midwest. We got a few good players from there but I think Dino spent a lot of time trying there and didn’t get the results needed to justify the time and resources spent there.

Addazio and Brown only coached together briefly. He gave Fran his first big coaching job but I am not sure they are tight. But he needs a good OL coach and it would be a big help to him to have a guy who has been a HC in the ACC in the recent past.

Hoping we look to recruit Canada more than Dino did as well. With this staf, I think we have a chance with the stud players out of there.

So far…

HC Fran Brown
OC/RB Jeff Nixon
QB ?
TE Nunzio Campanile
WR Tiguan Underwood?
OL Steve Addazio?

DC/DL Elijah Robinson
LB Charlie Partridge?
CB Travis Fisher?
S Bryant Gross-Armiento?

STC Eric Mele?

Strength & Conditioning Jordan Barber?

Recruiting Coordinator Khalil Ahmad?
Director of HS Relations Dennis Thomas?
Offensive Analyst Darrell Dickey?

Georgia has 2 LB coaches and no special teams coach. Coach Brown might go that way if he elects to model his defense on the Georgia program.
If this was the staff it would surpass what I thought Syracuse could do budget wise even in borderline insanely optimistic projections.

I got laughed at when I suggested that we might emerge as the Notheast destination for recruiting, cutting into PSU’s dominance. 48hrs later it seems even more plausible now.

Not to be Debbie downer. If we do become a force over the next 1-3 years. Our coaches will be poached and the next staff will likely not have the presence we’re going to see right now. These are the elite of the elite recruiters, in their recruiting area, and NE born. This may be our unicorn moment at SU. Relish every moment of it because i think on the recruiting/portal front, it’s going to be very exciting.

Anything on Nunzio's fate?
Allegedly he interviewed for one or two FCS head coaching jobs in the NYC area. Columbia hired a head coach today so the other open spot is Stony Brook. Marist is open too but I don’t think he’d take that one.

If this was the staff it would surpass what I thought Syracuse could do budget wise even in borderline insanely optimistic projections.
We don't know what HCFB is making, so there might be a little more available.
With all the money floating around college football, I'm surprised top of the line assistants aren't making more than they do.

OC/RB Jeff Nixon has quite the resume - stuck in the mud with Carolina but experience counts - same with the Giants. We're getting if tomcat's forecast is correct and Nunz stays, quite a nice staff.
Is he responsible for the new Tommy DeVito?

Tremble said Brown told the commits they’d be practicing in pads three to four days a week and that their lifting sessions would be “five times worse” than their hardest in high school. He told them he wants to “win out the ACC in the next few years.”

……. Welp DEFINITELY not a gerg hire. That’s apparent!

So far…

HC Fran Brown
OC/RB Jeff Nixon
QB ?
TE Nunzio Campanile
WR Tiguan Underwood?
OL Steve Addazio?

DC/DL Elijah Robinson
LB Charlie Partridge?
CB Travis Fisher?
S Bryant Gross-Armiento?

STC Eric Mele?

Strength & Conditioning Jordan Barber?

Recruiting Coordinator Khalil Ahmad?
Director of HS Relations Dennis Thomas?
Offensive Analyst Darrell Dickey?

Georgia has 2 LB coaches and no special teams coach. Coach Brown might go that way if he elects to model his defense on the Georgia program.
Nunz QB coach

Not to be Debbie downer. If we do become a force over the next 1-3 years. Our coaches will be poached and the next staff will likely not have the presence we’re going to see right now. These are the elite of the elite recruiters, in their recruiting area, and NE born. This may be our unicorn moment at SU. Relish every moment of it because i think on the recruiting/portal front, it’s going to be very exciting.
Always have to enjoy life as it comes, tomorrow is not promised to any of us. If it’s one thing recent SU events have shown us, we never know what is going to happen next. I agree that we should savor this as it unfolds.

I missed one. There are, I believe, 10 assistants and the HC.

So there is room for a QB coach too and we will probably have one. Made the change to my original post.

Would like to see a defensive coach added with some DC experience to help Elijah.

I expect at least one coach added with a lot of ties to Florida recruiting. That is why I have Travis Fisher and Gross-Armiento on the staff. Gross-Armiento is on the TA&M staff and has coached with Elijah. We might well add another defensive coach from A&M as Elko is probably installing his defense and bringing most of the defensive staff he had at Duke with him.

In a perfect world, there would also be a coach on staff with ties to the DMV area. Another with deep ties to Pennsylvania. Another coach with ties to NC/SC/GA would be great but these guys can probably handle it.

Guessing we hire no one with strong ties to recruiting the Midwest. We got a few good players from there but I think Dino spent a lot of time trying there and didn’t get the results needed to justify the time and resources spent there.

Addazio and Brown only coached together briefly. He gave Fran his first big coaching job but I am not sure they are tight. But he needs a good OL coach and it would be a big help to him to have a guy who has been a HC in the ACC in the recent past.

Hoping we look to recruit Canada more than Dino did as well. With this staf, I think we have a chance with the stud players out of there.
Dino was on to something with the Canadian recruiting but he just could not get the majority of them to stay which was frustrating.

Allegedly he interviewed for one or two FCS head coaching jobs in the NYC area. Columbia hired a head coach today so the other open spot is Stony Brook. Marist is open too but I don’t think he’d take that one.
Was told it was Stony Brook and he’s still in the mix.

Ironically, the Union coach is going to Columbia after 1 season. Nunzio turned down the Union head job when he came to Cuse.

I think the QB coach has to have a good track record relating to QBs that is what that offensive staff is lacking. We can even take a lesser recruiter for more of a developer at that position

Always have to enjoy life as it comes, tomorrow is not promised to any of us. If it’s one thing recent SU events have shown us, we never know what is going to happen next. I agree that we should savor this as it unfolds.
It’s a good problem to have. If this works out like we hope and we can return our recruiting base back to what made us so successful in the past. Then atleast that’ll mean wildhack was right and will know from now on what to look for in a coach going forward.

What about this guy as our OC...definitely offensive! OOOhhhh!!
6283122ce103d8a449cf08802e23cfd3.jpg

And this guy our S&C
image.jpg

The we need to respond and pay them. If we want to be a big boy we need to act like one.

If they get poached, they have to be bought out of their contract by the other school. Which gives the university more money in the bank to land the next coach. You can make a living that way if you can identify great up and comer coaches.

OC/RB Jeff Nixon has quite the resume - stuck in the mud with Carolina but experience counts - same with the Giants. We're getting if tomcat's forecast is correct and Nunz stays, quite a nice staff.

I'm not a guy who usually follows assistant coaches, and am SO grateful to so many experts who know all these relationships, and have such a good grasp on the hiring process, who's likely available, where the connections and paths crossed. It's such a great read. Thank you, everyone who has posted to this thread such good content, the interviews, etc.

I feel like I have to read more about the prospective defensive coaches, as I don't have a feel for them like we do on the offensive side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom