Fran Brown Coaching Staff | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown Coaching Staff

I’m not sure how ANYONE could say him buying a nice home is him chasing the money?

Most of the coaches when they come to Cuse only rent a home.

The fact that he BOUGHT a million plus home, during a time when interest rates are rather high, shows he is investing in being in this community.

Anyone who tells you otherwise, is absolutely looking to stir the pot and flame the embers of negativity around the program

Honestly, he's not too far from where Dino used to live.

Jamesville, the cradle of coaches.

Heard that Fran bought a $3M mansion in Jamesville. I was half expecting him to fix up one of those abandoned homes in the city and move in to get the true urban experience. Unfortunately sounds like the money is talking which doesn't bode well when the SEC or B10 comes calling.

This is a weird take, seeing as Fran has been more present in the community (at least publicly), than I can ever remember Dino being in his 8 years in Syracuse.

This is a weird take, seeing as Fran has been more present in the community (at least publicly), than I can ever remember Dino being in his 8 years in Syracuse.
Any coach pretty much here at Syracuse.

I’m not sure how ANYONE could say him buying a nice home is him chasing the money?

The fact that he BOUGHT a million plus home, during a time when interest rates are rather high, shows he is investing in being in this community.

Anyone who tells you otherwise, is absolutely looking to stir the pot and flame the embers of negativity around the program
Yup. Why wouldnt you want to show your players that they can accomplish this through hard work and resilliency? No matter where you came from.

Exactly, and maybe people don’t realize this, but the head coach hosts players frequently at their houses for dinners etc.

You need the space for a 85+ guys
He'd need a rectangular table 83 feet long with one at each end! :cool:

How-Many-Guests-copy-791x1024.jpg

To Franco:
You obviously “heard” wrong just $1.5 million off - we want a double bye for the basketball team not mistakenly posting a double buy for the football coach's new home. :) These coaches entertain players year round in their home. Your comment about “urban experience” is very weird.

Most CNYers people couldn’t afford the property taxes.

True, that's why I said rich CNYers. But things aren't better elsewhere. One way or another you're going to pay. That same house and acreage somewhere else could be $10-15 million rather than 1.5 million. And property taxes would be the same or more once you figure in the higher assessment. At least in Jamesville, you're going to get decent schools. He'd have to send his kids to private school elsewhere. Another expense.

Where I am, $1.5 million gets you a 2K sq ft house and 1/10 acre of land. Coach could have horses here!

it was only one person and consider the source.

To Franco:
You obviously “heard” wrong just $1.5 million off
I will let my source in the SU IT department know when I see him at indoor soccer this Saturday.

My point was double faceted. We have some very nice homes in solvay and it would be awesome if one of the SU coaches felt comfortable enough to live there and mingle with the masses. JD and FM have some sprawling remote estates that feel nothing like the rest of CNY.

Maybe not poverty. But what about a place like solvay? Not high end but not a dump either. And his wife can rescue stray cats before they wind up on someone's dinner plate.
No. The original twin trees is overrated:)

Yes, The original is on Avery right around the corner.
Not to derail this thread but are both locations doing well? Seems very odd to have 2 restaurant locations right next to each other.

I will let my source in the SU IT department know when I see him at indoor soccer this Saturday.

My point was double faceted. We have some very nice homes in solvay and it would be awesome if one of the SU coaches felt comfortable enough to live there and mingle with the masses. JD and FM have some sprawling remote estates that feel nothing like the rest of CNY.
Well from now on only believe half of what he says. :p

It was actually in the paper, they just chose not to put his name in the headline. Only a few houses away from Wildhack.

The coaches want to be close to work. They are not buying a house to mingle.

So u would live in a place that wasnt quit safe yet for your kids just to prove a point that u are trying to help syracuse. oh, also making whatever he makes per year so inten years his 3 million work job would be worth 6-10 mil. wow he doesnt know what he is doing.

So u would live in a place that wasnt quit safe yet for your kids just to prove a point that u are trying to help syracuse. oh, also making whatever he makes per year so inten years his 3 million work job would be worth 6-10 mil. wow he doesnt know what he is doing.
You are directing your comment to the wrong guy. Francopizza is the OP and made the comment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom