Fran Brown on Orange Nation | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown on Orange Nation

1707334647675.png

April 14, 2024

That’s my over/under date when we learn of a notable injury and someone first questions Brown being wrong/a rookie with his full-contact approach.

April 14, 2024

That’s my over/under date when we learn of a notable injury and someone first questions Brown being wrong/a rookie with his full-contact approach.
True and I don’t think Fran cares one bit. Just going to continue to recruit more kids. this program needs it. Too soft under Dino in so many ways and you can tell Fran knows when he discusses earning positions and nothing is set in stone

Fran is the right man for the right time regarding college football now and will be if SU is going to be competitive recruiting wise.

Soon...we'll see how he coaches.

I cringed so hard at the artist of the day part.

April 14, 2024

That's why we're starting with 92. First 7 injuries are on the house.

True and I don’t think Fran cares one bit. Just going to continue to recruit more kids. this program needs it. Too soft under Dino in so many ways and you can tell Fran knows when he discusses earning positions and nothing is set in stone
The thing about contact is the more u have it the less it bothers u. We use to do Alfred summer camp for football and it was only uppers and i had told some of our hitters that we will be playing some big teams like Raritan from New Jersey and my guys didnt think they needed too and after three had concussions they listened to me the next year. You have to start slow but u gotta do it. Contact makes u tougher and as The Detroit coach said to his team about angle tackling, U have do actually do it because there is no drill that can show u angles without the speed aspect and each guy has different speed so angles are all over the place.

The thing about contact is the more u have it the less it bothers u. We use to do Alfred summer camp for football and it was only uppers and i had told some of our hitters that we will be playing some big teams like Raritan from New Jersey and my guys didnt think they needed too and after three had concussions they listened to me the next year. You have to start slow but u gotta do it. Contact makes u tougher and as The Detroit coach said to his team about angle tackling, U have do actually do it because there is no drill that can show u angles without the speed aspect and each guy has different speed so angles are all over the place.
If you want to be a hard hitting physical football team 12-13 games a year there will be a price to pay, plain and simple. Injuries are part of the game, spring ball, summer camp and gameday. I am sure he will ease back at times but I certainly don't think they will in spring ball or in early in camp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom