Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement

So is Fran gonna take the muzzles off the coaches and let them talk to the media? I have no idea what any of them sound like.

I really hated that rule by Dino.
That was part of Dino's downfall in a way. The results weren't good and he was cagey with information. I think you can be open with your program and engage the fans while also keeping your plans under wraps.

Hope we see more inside the program stuff.

So is Fran gonna take the muzzles off the coaches and let them talk to the media? I have no idea what any of them sound like.

I really hope so. Looking into how he seemed to handle things is he wanted so much control not only in game but it seemed over the coaches as well outside of it.

Agreed. And I can kind of see it if the thinking was let's give them one less thing to have to think about and worry about doing, but I don't think that was it.

If Addazio is hired to be OL coach - home run. If Addazio is hired as OC - disaster.
OL coach? Out of the park home run. Run game coordinator? Yepp.

Our recruiting rank is in the 60's. He can get that level of oline recruits to be one of the best olines in the ACC.

Whoever we get? Develop the oline.

Did I google that properly a HS HC from New Jersey is going to jump straight to a P5 Offensive coordinator?

I mean rumored of course, but still.
Assistant coach, not coordinator.

I'll see Arkansas' program in Hell. Had to drive for a quick errand, turned on a national sports talk show on the radio. Was intrigued that they started talking about the coaching carousel.

They didn't mention Fran Brown. They sure spent a lot of time on Bobby Petrino though.

https://uga./news/georgia-football-news-and-notes-for-tuesday-15

Players will miss Fran Brown​

Georgia safety Javon Bullard was effusive with his praise of secondary coach Fran Brown, who was named the head coach at Syracuse on Tuesday.
Bullard said the Orangemen are getting a good one.
“They’re getting a tremendous coach, but more so a tremendous person,” Bullard said. “But what makes Coach Fran special is his relationship with us off the field and outside football.”
It’s those personal moments that Bullard says he’ll remember the most about Brown.
“He’s been there with me through spiritual advice and emotional advice. When I need to talk to my family, or I’m missing my home, he’s always there,” Bullard said. "If my car breaks down, I know I can call Coach Fran. He’s like that to the core; that’s what Syracuse is getting. We’re so proud of him, man.”

Welcome to Fransville !!

GADWOAmXMAAVoU0
This wins!

Players will miss Fran Brown​

Georgia safety Javon Bullard was effusive with his praise of secondary coach Fran Brown, who was named the head coach at Syracuse on Tuesday.
Bullard said the Orangemen are getting a good one.
“They’re getting a tremendous coach, but more so a tremendous person,” Bullard said. “But what makes Coach Fran special is his relationship with us off the field and outside football.”
It’s those personal moments that Bullard says he’ll remember the most about Brown.
“He’s been there with me through spiritual advice and emotional advice. When I need to talk to my family, or I’m missing my home, he’s always there,” Bullard said. "If my car breaks down, I know I can call Coach Fran. He’s like that to the core; that’s what Syracuse is getting. We’re so proud of him, man.”
We already had a “tremendous “ coach - if you know what I mean.

Petrino back to Arkansas. Talk about bygones.
Man that guy has been retreaded more than I think any other coach I’ve seen. I’ve never seen a guy be HC twice at 2 different P5 schools.

He interviewed for the San Diego State HC job and was apparently only outdone by Sean Lewis in the process from what I’m told.
Nevermind then. He's already onto big things.

That applies to all but about five programs now. Notre Dame couldn’t even keep their successful coach. It’s not a long term problem if you plan for how to sustain. We should all be praying for the problem of him being so good that he was poached.

I’ll never quite understand this take. We should hire someone who no one else would want if they do well? We’re Syracuse — if someone does well then other schools are going to come snifffing around. Deal with that if and when it happens.
A few things:
1. He doesn’t have to be that good to get poached. What Marrone accomplished was enough.
2. This is about more than football. The super league is coming. A short-term fix isn’t helping us get into that league.
3. I think Mullen would have stuck around.

Mullen is your long term solution? A guy who isn’t interested in coaching right now? Good one.
And the point I was trying to make is that SU made a pretty decent change of command when Mac left. I don’t care how long it took, but he left for greener pastures and we somehow kept the straight and narrow. Could Brown do better, quicker….absolutely but nobody knows for sure….except maybe you.
Before the gaslighting campaign started, the story was he reached out to Syracuse. So I don’t want to hear about him not being interested in coaching right now.

How was the change of command after Marrone left? The amount of time absolutely matters. You don’t build a relevant program in 3-4 years.