Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement

I thought he was named the interim head coach which and he would be continuing to recruit to hold the class together. I really hope he is retained. I did see his tweet about CFB and congratulating him. Interviewing while still hopefully continuing to coach is one thing, interviewing without coaching and recruiting is another. Is that what you are saying? I do see we lost two recruits today from New Jersey, I do not know the specifics on that, I could speculate.
Coaches need to find their next landing spot. Interviews were set up before Fran was hired. The two we lost today, we were their only offer…

One thing is for sure. Even with the concern of some, Brown is busting butt for SU already. Working on coaches, making offers, making changes to who we’ve offered, etc.

We agreed to let him stick around at Georgia until January???????

That's basically punting on next season.
I think it’ll be fine. He’s still going to be putting in the work no doubt! Kirby will support him in pulling double duty. The current staff will handle bowl prep and most practice and he’ll focus on putting together staff/team for next year and be frequent visitor up north.

There will also be some positives like being mentioned numerous times on TV during playoffs that he was hired by Syracuse and one of the top recruiters in the country as well. I can also almost guarantee if they win the national championship he’ll be pulling the Pete Carroll (I think it was him or probably many others as well) and calling up a couple of top recruits right after from field asking if they watched that and don’t you want to come play for me etc.

Current RB Coach for Giants. It scares me to hire a coordinator without any true coordinator experience on the offensive side of the ball.
Co-OC at Baylor (a Rhule connection).

Co-OC at Baylor (a Rhule connection).

I understand the connection and why he is probably at the top of the list personally I would want someone with a little more experience being a coordinator.

Fran Brown has a plan and I’m 110% behind it.

He’ll retain staff that makes sense, and upgrade wherever possible. Same goes for the recruiting class.

You want a program that can compete in the upper half of the ACC? This is what it takes.

obviously we will never know, but I’d be curious the level of truth in that statement.

either way if he ends in Orange, he would get supported unless something similar happened here.
Not unheard of at SU. The Orange gave Ed Orgeron an opportunity after his debacle with Notre Dame.

There are some at Penn State who are concerned about losing their position as the dominant program in the East.

And our guy Khalil Ahmad, who is tight with Fran.

Their expert is in denial. Good for him.

Last edited:
I’m thriving on the Fran Brown train right now. Obviously nothing is set or official yet, but the names being thrown around right now, I just question if Chesney would be able to match it or come close to the kinds of guys that are being talked about for our staff. So far it seems like this was the right move 10 times over.

He’s a position coach. He has ZERO REASON to stay at Georgia. He wants to finish out the conference championship on Saturday? Fine. Staying until January is absolutely asinine. He is not Georgia’s head coach; he is Syracuse’s.

He’s a position coach. He has ZERO REASON to stay at Georgia he wants to finish out the conference championship on Saturday? Fine. Staying until January is absolutely asinine. He is not Georgia’s head coach; he is Syracuse’s.
I should add to this. If Syracuse didn’t pay whatever buyout Georgia has for a damn position coach, then I’m going to put a bucket on my head and run into a wall.

I don’t mean to be a pessimist but why would you want a Michigan coach that was wrapped up in a scandel and just fired to come here
Yep. Especially when he's denying it 100%.

Either he's a liar or he's a fall guy. Either way what he did is pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.