Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Fran Brown, Syracuse Football New Head Coach, Official Announcement

What the heck are you talking about? He is only coaching for UGA for the SEC championship game which is tomorrow. Then he will have an official presser Monday at SU as Syracuse's new HC.

Go to the previous page.

That isn't what's happening. He will be at Syracuse as the new HC on Monday,.
He can be introduced as the new HC and still stay with Georgia. Was said on “another site” he’s staying with them until the season is over.

You can't have a contract with one school and be coaching for another.
I’m sure it was talked about and discussed between JW and HCFB, I doubt Mike is wrong because he originally said he thought Brown would be full time after SEC championship and then today said he’s staying until Georgia’s season ends.

He can be introduced as the new HC and still stay with Georgia. Was said on “another site” he’s staying with them until the season is over.
lol doesn’t mean it’s true

1000 & 1 people also swore they heard Dan Mullen was our head coach

lol doesn’t mean it’s true

1000 & 1 people also swore they heard Dan Mullen was our head coach
Mike Mcallister wasn’t one of those people, I promise he knows what he’s talking about lol.

If I eat crow I eat crow , But McAllister is wrong. HCFB will coach GA this weekend and then start full time at Syracuse on Monday when he’s announced.
I hope you’re right because I’d obviously like him to be full time starting Monday, but Mike is usually pretty spot on.

There are some at Penn State who are concerned about losing their position as the dominant program in the East.

And our guy Khalil Ahmad, who is tight with Fran.

Their expert is in denial. Good for him.

I'd love to start giving Ped St issues in recruiting. There's not a program I hate more.

Things can change but my Georgia friends w contacts are under the impression that he will end up staying through playoff and pulling double duty from what they’ve heard. He would be busy as heck Ofcourse but certainly doable and been done often in the past. Playing for a national championship after all the work part in all year/multiple years is once in a lifetime opportunity for many (2 in a row for him ofcourse lol). I have no doubt if he still coaches for them he’ll handle the recruiting/assembling staff/evaluating talent perfectly.

It’s not like he’d be coaching on the field for our bowl practices/game anyways even though I’m sure he’d make some appearances and observe.

I'd love to start giving Ped St issues in recruiting. There's not a program I hate more.

From the sound of it, looking like we just want to take their lunch. Screw giving them issues, time to straight up beat them.

Maybe that’s pie in the sky, but it’s about damn time we’re picking that fight.

Things can change but my Georgia friends w contacts are under the impression that he will end up staying through playoff and pulling double duty from what they’ve heard. He would be busy as heck Ofcourse but certainly doable and been done often in the past. Playing for a national championship after all the work part in all year/multiple years is once in a lifetime opportunity for many (2 in a row for him ofcourse lol). I have no doubt if he still coaches for them he’ll handle the recruiting/assembling staff/evaluating talent perfectly.

It’s not like he’d be coaching on the field for our bowl practices/game anyways even though I’m sure he’d make some appearances and observe.

If you were Kirby how would you feel about him pulling double duty? Seems crazy to me. I would not want a coach for the playoff run who is half invested.

Georgia is my second favorite team, I can't believe I'm going to have to root for Alabama.

Last edited:
Coaches need to find their next landing spot. Interviews were set up before Fran was hired. The two we lost today, we were their only offer…
yup, like I said over there, there's about a half dozen I hope are a fit and we keep. The rest? Whatever.

If his contract runs until February then that would mean he isn't under contract with Syracuse.
Whatever workaround Kirby did with his Georgia/Bama transition to coach until after the NC game is I’m sure how HCFB is doing it with his Georgia/Syracuse transition. Clearly there is a workaround if the coaches and schools involved are all on the same page.

Don’t get Millhouse started on grindr.
I had a chip is a disrupter on grindr all set to go and thought, better check replies, damn it

Should been monitoring syrfan instead of grindr, too slow, wait