Fran has arrived | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Fran has arrived

I know I am getting ahead of myself but I have a question around support for this program.

Let’s say this all goes really well. At first thought, Coach Brown will get offered and probably take a bigger opportunity elsewhere. But, could you see a scenario where the support is so overwhelming, both literally and monetarily that he stays hear long term? On one hand, if he does well he could write his own ticket anywhere. But on the other hand, you have a program, with a longstanding tradition that has been longing for a consistent winner for 20+ years. Could you see this create overwhelming support, the likes of which have not been seen around here, that provides the dollars and tools to keep him here long term?

Best case scenario... everything goes right and in a few years, Syracuse is nationally relevant in football again. Perhaps even on the verge of competing at the highest levels in college football because we've become THE standout program in the northeast.

Imagine you're the coach of that team. You brought this once mighty football school to prominence again. You're the king of the town. The dome is packed for every home-game.

Would you leave Syracuse where you could be seen as THE head coach of the modern era, a school that gave you your first HC opportunity, and a fan-base that has rallied around you and grown with you to just be another in a line of powerhouse coaches at a powerhouse school? I actually think there's a reason to question that you would.

In fact, this may be counterintuitive, but I think the MORE success he has here, the more likely he is to stay.

If he "just" brings the program back to "pretty good" then I think there's a good chance he moves on.

BUT if he is on the path to doing something truly special here, he might just say "I don't need to jump schools to go to the next level because I believe I have the talent to take THIS school to that level."

It's one thing to have the opportunity to coach at a school at the highest level of college football. But if you have the ability to drag a school up to that level—and rebuild a fanbase and community around the program in the process, then you're truly creating a legacy for yourself.

Do you bail on this emerging football program that has been defined by YOUR intensity and swagger to go be "the next guy" at some modern football powerhouse? Maybe. Maybe the money is too enticing. But in this scenario where Syracuse has become nationally relevant again, and the fanbase is reinvigorated, I think you'd find a LOT more money available for a coach here as well.

Again, I'm not saying this is likely to occur. I believe it's a best case scenario. But I don't believe it's a completely fantastical scenario.

Last edited:
Best case scenario... everything goes right and in a few years, Syracuse is nationally relevant in football again. Perhaps even on the verge of competing at the highest levels in college football because we've become THE standout program in the northeast.

Imagine you're the coach of that team. You brought this once mighty football school to prominence again. You're the king of the town. The dome is packed for every home-game.

Would you leave Syracuse where you could be seen as THE head coach of the modern era, a school that gave you your first HC opportunity, and a fan-base that has rallied around you and grown with you to just be another in a line of powerhouse coaches at a powerhouse school? I actually think there's a reason to question that you would.

In fact, this may be counterintuitive, but I think the MORE success he has here, the more likely he is to stay.

If he "just" brings the program back to "pretty good" then I think there's a good chance he moves on.

BUT if he is on the path to doing something truly special here, he might just say "I don't need to jump schools to go to the next level because I believe I have the talent to take THIS school to that level."

It's one thing to have the opportunity to coach at a school at the highest level of college football. But if you have the ability to drag a school up to that level—and rebuild a fanbase and community around the program in the process, then you're truly creating a legacy for yourself.

Do you bail on this emerging football program that has been defined by YOUR intensity and swagger to go be "the next guy" at some modern football powerhouse? ‍♂️ Maybe. Maybe the money is too enticing. But in this scenario where Syracuse has become nationally relevant again, and the fanbase is reinvigorated, I think you'd find a LOT more money available for a coach here as well.

Again, I'm not saying this is likely to occur. I believe it's a best case scenario. But I don't believe it's a completely fantastical scenario.
Two jersey boys bringing a once relevant eastern program back to National Prominence.
They would be able to go anywhere in the Northeast, and DMV and be celebrated as heroes.

He was the pilot….

View attachment 234329
c68141f4497a48d3f2d8f191fed961b0.jpg

And lifeguard directing Cuse fans away from the horrors of missed 57 yard field goals

I am in today after the presser to show my support. This guy already going to local restaurants to connect our community??? I mean it’s basic stuff but wow…. Mullen wouldn’t be doing that I don’t think. This is different. Game 1 in the dome next year is going to have more butts in the seats than normal.

I did the monthly but am having a hard time finding out how to specify for football (football gets less support at Cuse and is more important broadly for $$$ generation and University exposure)

I have an email out to them to see. Also they should fix making that easier for the monthly’s!

Do you bail on this emerging football program that has been defined by YOUR intensity and swagger to go be "the next guy" at some modern football powerhouse? Maybe. Maybe the money is too enticing. But in this scenario where Syracuse has become nationally relevant again, and the fanbase is reinvigorated, I think you'd find a LOT more money available for a coach here as well.

Yeah. I agree. Any outsized success would be his creation, so why not just enjoy it with a successful reign at SU for a couple decades or so. Why chase it. Chase what? Kinda like Boeheim did.
Well, as they say, we should have such problems.

I did the monthly but am having a hard time finding out how to specify for football (football gets less support at Cuse and is more important broadly for $$$ generation and University exposure)

I have an email out to them to see. Also they should fix making that easier for the monthly’s!
When you get to the payment screen to the right it says Package Detail. That is where you can select Football before completing your purchase.

IMG_7392.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom