Frank Howard Suspended | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard Suspended

I don’t want to go thru all of player Indiscretions but this isn’t new with Frank Howard.

Mark Titus said this about when asked which program would be the best to be a walk-on member on.

“… from what I can tell, Jim Boeheim is way past caring what his players do. This is anecdotal evidence, but when I was at Ohio State, we played Syracuse in Madison Square Garden in the preseason NIT one year. Both teams stayed at the same hotel in Times Square. After getting done with film around 10 p.m. the night before the game, Coach Matta said he wanted us all to go straight up to bed. My walk-on roommate and I laughed at this suggestion and instead left to explore the city since we didn’t need to get rest just to sit on the bench the next day. Anyway, as the clock neared midnight and we walked back to the hotel, we spotted a group of Syracuse players (some of whom were starters) out on the town. What they were up to I don’t know, but I do know that there are very few college basketball coaches who would be cool with their starters walking around Times Square at midnight the night before a game. If Boeheim lets this slide with his scholarship players, you can only assume how little he cares what his walk-ons do.”
So, that's what you're going with? I'll be honest, I'd never heard of Mark Titus before this post. Im not sure what makes his opinion on SU credible.

So, that's what you're going with? I'll be honest, I'd never heard of Mark Titus before this post. Im not sure what makes his opinion on SU credible.
lol okay. Your right JB runs a tight ship. Yup the discipline within the program is strong. Also you ignored the other post with the article from Andy Katz where JB is described as lax on the players and treating the program like an NBA franchise. Letting the players do their thing but good response.

I’m not quite sure what argument you are trying to make at this point. Are you still trying to convince yourself the DO is wrong and Frank didn’t fail a drug test?
they could very easily be wrong. well-intentioned journalists are wrong all the time.

lol okay. Your right JB runs a tight ship. Yup the discipline within the program is strong. Also you ignored the other post with the article from Andy Katz where JB is described as lax on the players and treating the program like an NBA franchise. Letting the players do their thing but good response.
mark titus kind of sucks though

AO still might play in the NCAA tournament. We play games with this stuff all the time. Why tell a future opponent he’s out for sure?
If he fails an institution administered test, they follow the institutions penalties.

So you admit that the NCAA doesn't just test after NCAA Championship events?
I read up on it so yeah. You think I care if I admit I wasn’t right. I was wrong and don’t have a problem admitting it.
Congrats you got your gotcha.
Now realize the idea this a drug suspension and the school calling it indefinite makes no sense when the penalties wouldn’t be an indefinite suspension.
If Howard failed a drug test he would be suspended for 1 year.

That was only part of it. We kept the ruse up all week leading up to the Butler game as well. That was for competitive purposes.

Anyhow, I’m tired of this crazy conversation.

You pick a very odd hill to die on.
Okay good night.
It’s not odd. The suspension shouldn’t be indefinite if he failed a drug test.
The rules for a failed test are clear.
The penalties aren’t an indefinite suspension which is what I am saying.

I read up on it so yeah. You think I care if I admit I wasn’t right. I was wrong and don’t have a problem admitting it.
Congrats you got your gotcha.
Now realize the idea this a drug suspension and the school calling it indefinite makes no sense when the penalties wouldn’t be an indefinite suspension.
If Howard failed a drug test he would be suspended for 1 year.

It's not a "gotcha". Did you bother to read the link posted in the DO article? You are spewing off about testing processes and I simply pointed out that you were wrong, you doubled down, I sent you another link, you quadrupled down, and now you act like it was a sting operation.

Frank didn't fail an NCAA drug test.

He failed a Syracuse University drug test. Which was administered to make sure he didn't fail the NCAA post-game drug test Thursday night.

According to SU's drug test policy, what's the penalty for a first offense?

1 game?

1 game plus mandatory drug counseling?

3 games plus counseling?

If he needs to attend more than 1 counseling session, this could drag on for a bit.

That's why it's "indefinite". No promises he'd be cleared to play by next week.

But it's not a year. I don't think SU gives you a year for a 1st offense.

He failed a Syracuse University drug test. Which was administered to make sure he didn't fail the NCAA post-game drug test Thursday night.

1 game?

3 games plus counseling?

If he needs to attend more than 1 counseling session, this could drag on for a bit.

But it's not a year.
Fair point.
The Syracuse rules are
  • First positive test: a student athlete becomes ineligible until their head coach notified their parents
  • Second positive test: the student-athlete is required to be removed from the squad until a counselor advised the team physician that they were no longer using a prohibited substance
  • Third positive test: the student-athlete’s eligibility is required to be terminated, and all athletically related financial aid be withdrawn at the end of the semester
So who knows but I doubt Howard plays again.

It's not a "gotcha". Did you bother to read the link posted in the DO article? You are spewing off about testing processes and I simply pointed out that you were wrong, you doubled down, I sent you another link, you quadrupled down, and now you act like it was a sting operation.
Have a good night.

Fair point.
The Syracuse rules are
  • First positive test: a student athlete becomes ineligible until their head coach notified their parents
  • Second positive test: the student-athlete is required to be removed from the squad until a counselor advised the team physician that they were no longer using a prohibited substance
  • Third positive test: the student-athlete’s eligibility is required to be terminated, and all athletically related financial aid be withdrawn at the end of the semester
So who knows but I doubt Howard plays again.

Aren't those the "old" rules. The rules Gross told all the coaches to ignore because they were written in the last century?

I think the penalties for a 1st offender are now a lot stiffer than just a meeting with Mom and Dad.

1 game?

3 games plus counseling?

But it's not a year. I don't think SU gives you a year for a 1st offense.
What you say!?! Indefinite!?! Can’t be!

Aren't those the "old" rules. The rules Gross told all the coaches to ignore because they were written in the last century?

I think the penalties for a 1st offender are now a lot stiffer than just a meeting with Mom and Dad.
But certainly not a year. Street drugs aren’t even a year for first offense...under ncaa testing

Frequently Asked Questions about Drug Testing

NCAA rules state the penalties and leave it up to individual schools to determine if they want to administer drug testing.
It’s now 50% of the season for a street drug and 1 year for a PED.

What about his play in the NCAAT last year dude.

This is a crushing blow. Most teams don’t lose a senior who won them 3 tournament games the year before a day before the first game.

This is as bad as Fab and Arinze if you know the game. He was finally back to himself.

That said we are Syracuse and have some damn good players that have for the most part underachieved this year and something like this can light a fire and get guys to kick it up a notch. We still have a very good team on the floor. I don’t know the exact coaching adjustments but Frankie isn’t perfect and we can play to the other players strengths. Don’t underestimate a guy like Jalen now getting 10-15 impact minutes. Etc etc.

As bad as Fab and Arinze? You can't be serious? Well this team isn't in the same league. And to compare those players worth to Franks is like comparing watermelons to grapes. Franks the grape. Absolutely laughable post.

Really trashing him as he leaves the program...is it better to let rumors run nuts or quit the bs secrecy and just say what the hell it is.

Is there anything preventing Frank from saying what this is about to end the rumors?

Not for nothing but Buddy slidding into the starting 5 will get us those 9ppg back. And I have to think if Carey is off the bench he can get us some good production too if given the chance. I think we will be okay, and who knows maybe this will be the spark we need. All we don’t need is for Battle to be a one man band and try to do it all.

Not for nothing but Buddy slidding into the starting 5 will get us those 9ppg back. And I have to think if Carey is off the bench he can get us some good production too if given the chance. I think we will be okay, and who knows maybe this will be the spark we need. All we don’t need is for Battle to be a one man band and try to do it all.
Let’s hope Battle is healthy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom