Frank Howard Suspended | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard Suspended

It had to be drugs. They test at these sites and it's happened before. Is what it is. I'll be happy when weed is finally legal everywhere (for a lot of other reasons besides this, to be clear).
Something can be legal, but still not allowed.

I hope Frank feels 10 times worse than me and I am a miserable SOB. Selfish on his part. Screwed over his teammates

Jim Boeheim himself says he doesn’t micromanage his players off the court.
Boeheim is in control, yes. But he orchestrates the program much like an NBA franchise.

"He treats people like men and expects you to get your job done," said one former assistant, who didn't want his name used. "He expects you to handle your business. Coach doesn't look for anything. He's not looking around. He lets you be your own man and handle your own business.
Katz: Syracuse basketball culture has always been unique

Discipline is not a stalwart of the program.

Just a reminder that LSUs Javonte Smart is playing...a player whom the the current coach is on tape saying they paid...so this better be legit

The program is going down. They have nothing to lose and have a Top 15 overall team this year. SU not so much.

I don't think someone should be suspended for smoking weed. With that being said, a senior guard obviously knows the rules and that's on him for not following them.

think of how much we could have gotten out of three tyus battle years if he hadn't been saddled with frank howard as his point.

hopefully, it's just one game, but this is embarrassing.

I worked as dJ at Sutters back in the day.. the week before NCAA tourney a star senior player (I wont name) was in every night drinking and picked up girls ..he played like crap and we lost in 1st sweet 16 game .. and he didnt make it in pros

If he could eligible for later in the tournament it is more likely discipline for the trip than a failed drug test.
Thought that as well. If it was a random drug test I'd expect he was out, the wording makes it sound like he could come back after a game.

The NCAA conducts random tests after every game. The school usually conducts its' own testing beforehand to avoid any surprises.
Thought the NCAA only tests at Championship Events? School tests throughout the year

Man I'm crushed. All I had been thinking about all morning was how much I liked the Gonzaga matchup for us and how confident I was we'd beat them assuming we got past Baylor. I don't know what Baylor team will show up tbh. I think we could end up getting blown out without Frankie. They will mug Buddy and attack him on offense every possession. I'm devastated this is horrible. This has to be for the Zion trip which is absolutely ridiculous I think anything else worthy of an NCAA tournament game suspension would have to be for the entire tournament. So stupid. Lets hope good Baylor doesn't show up which is likely wishful thinking.

If we lose its gonna be tough that Frankie will take the heat for the loss even though most of this forum has ripped on him hard for 4 years. Can't believe the school would do something this mean to him.

What kind of infraction did he commit that it is announced now and creates a firestorm of the worst speculation about a young persons life. In this age of social media, this is a severe punishment. People commit suicide over things like this on the internet. Do the supposed adults in the room at the athletic department realize that?

I worked as dJ at Sutters back in the day.. the week before NCAA tourney a star senior player (I wont name) was in every night drinking and picked up girls ..he played like crap and we didnt get out of1st round .. and he didnt make it in pros
Chris Mullins was a raging drunk in college. Heard stories of him breaking into bars and drinking himself into passing out.

Jim Boeheim himself says he doesn’t micromanage his players off the court.
Boeheim is in control, yes. But he orchestrates the program much like an NBA franchise.

"He treats people like men and expects you to get your job done," said one former assistant, who didn't want his name used. "He expects you to handle your business. Coach doesn't look for anything. He's not looking around. He lets you be your own man and handle your own business.
Katz: Syracuse basketball culture has always been unique

Discipline is not a stalwart of the program.
That doesn’t mean it’s a problem. It’s not like there are weekly incidents. They’re few and far between. Virtually every program has this.

Something can be legal, but still not allowed.
I know, I can't count how many times a player on performance-enhancing drugs like pot really ruined the game for everyone else. So if it was legal, and it's not performance enhancing or hurting the player or the game in any other way, why shouldn't it be allowed?

Thought the NCAA only tests at Championship Events? School tests throughout the year

The NCAA tournament is the men's basketball "championship event." It just happens to take place over several weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom