Frank Howard | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Frank Howard

Yeah, I agree. Will be interesting to see. Maybe some minute, incremental improvement in the speed and handle but I just think he is what he is as a PG. Which is fine especially with some weapons around him. Distribute, manage the game, etc. Carey should be the jolt/injection of speed and attacking downhill.
I agree. A la Dion W.

So, no NBA level players. We agree.

Yeah, but Howard hasn't played with NBA level players either. The aggregate total scoring potential that Hart played with is better than what Howard played with, by a long shot. If Battle was an NBA caliber player, he wouldn't be coming back.

Yeah, but Howard hasn't played with NBA level players either. The aggregate total scoring potential that Hart played with is better than what Howard played with, by a long shot. If Battle was an NBA caliber player, he wouldn't be coming back.

I don't necessarily agree. Battle is an NBA caliber player. He would have been drafted last year. Just not in the first round.

Posted this on the Pitino thread too, but if you look closely you will see Franks foot in a cast. Wonder what the injury is?

Good question. Broken foot? Broken ankle?

Good question. Broken foot? Broken ankle?
Howard might be cleared to play by Nov. 1, but I fear he won’t be “turning on a dime” to cover quicker guards, for several months later. Hope I’m wrong. That damn injury bug keeps rearing it’s ugly head...Glad it’s now rather than later.

On the positive side, it is still September and he’s a senior who knows the zone very well at this point.

If he misses practice time in the preseason, I don’t think it will be as big of a setback as it would be to a less experienced player and he’s still got quite a bit of time before the games start.

On the positive side, it is still September and he’s a senior who knows the zone very well at this point.

If he misses practice time in the preseason, I don’t think it will be as big of a setback as it would be to a less experienced player and he’s still got quite a bit of time before the games start.
and maybe it'll give Carey some early run with the first team (at least in practices, exhibitions) he wouldn't have otherwise gotten

and maybe it'll give Carey some early run with the first team (at least in practices, exhibitions) he wouldn't have otherwise gotten

Right. Kind of like DeVito getting to run the first team last spring. Have to think that helped him. He didn’t miss a beat when he went in with the ones against FSU.

Posted this on the Pitino thread too, but if you look closely you will see Franks foot in a cast. Wonder what the injury is?

I don’t see his feet. That is him with chin in hand at far left, right? If so, I see the guy next to him has a white sock and white sneaker on, but I don’t see Franks “lower body.” Am I looking in the right place?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom