Friday Articles | Syracusefan.com

Friday Articles

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
image.axd

Former Players

If the Pistons had a high point in the pre-Isiah years, it likely was the 1973-74 season when they went 52-30, boasted a dynamic 1-2 punch in future Hall of Famers Dave Bing and Bob Lanier and finally seemed to find a coach meant to lead professional basketball players, Ray Scott.

The ABA was driving salaries upward and players like Bing – who had held out prior to the 1974-75 season but ultimately reported to camp without a renegotiated deal – were growing restless making relative peanuts while lesser players were being rewarded.

“I came to training camp but told them I didn’t want to be there. Bing – one of the classiest guys you’ll ever want to meet, just a wonderful basketball player – was traded the year before.
Pistons.com

Mayor Dave Bing continues to defy Detroit City Council by relocating ...

Hakim Warrick setting up Philly-Baltimore game, Jared Dudley ...

Donte Greene Alley-Oop from Josh Selby

It Happened In Syracuse

Also in 1975, the Great American Music Fair ended violently in Syracuse, New York, when a crowd of 500 stormed the gate to get in without paying. Police arrested 60 people. The fair featured performances by The Doobie Brothers and Jefferson Starship.
DT

New York State Fair ride stalls; 40 passengers hung upside down for four minutes

Around Town

Brewery restaurant chain headed for Syracuse's Carousel Center ...

NBA

My personnel opinion is that Kevin Durant is the best NBA role model

Premium

http://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./Media/Image/93/931043.jpg

Maverick Morgan

While West Virginia is still looking for two players to fill out its basketball recruiting class of 2012, it will welcome four underclassmen to campus this weekend for unofficial visits.

Bigs On Campus For Unofficials
SyracuseInsider.com (subscription) - Kevin Kinder - 6 hours ago

That hasn't stopped a number of schools from the Big East, including West Virginia, Syracuse, Villanova, Notre Dame and Miami from showing interest. ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom