Friendly Reminder… | Syracusefan.com

Friendly Reminder…

Windyfly

Walk On
That the players on our teams view this board and see all the things that are said here.

So as evidenced by the Kyle Cuffe thread.. whatever we say, they see.

And I know many are unhinged and don’t care and will never change…but for those of you who have a conscious and actually care about our teams.. the least we can do as a fan base, is be respectful and supportive of our players / coaches, who recruited them into the program and see things through, until their time with us ends.

Yes it doesn’t always work out on the court, but sometimes players just need seasoning and development before they blossom into who they will become….and end of day most of them are working hard on their crafts, while also in class and they are doing so representing us. So at least we can try to be as considerate as possible, when posting something potentially cruel or undermining here.

Imo the entitlement here borders on gross sometimes and overall reflects on us as a whole.

Anyway let’s try to do our part as fans and give our guys as many reasons to come here, stay here and want to remain here, as possible and really stand on that business.

GO

Last edited:
That the players on our teams view this board and see all the things that are said here.

And I know many are unhinged and don’t care and will never change…but for those of you who have a conscious and actually care about our teams.. the least we can do as a fan base, is be respectful and supportive of our players / coaches, who recruited them into the program and see things through, until their time with us ends.

Yes it doesn’t always work out on the court, but sometimes players just need seasoning and development before they blossom into who they will become….and end of day most of them are working hard on their crafts, while also in class and they are doing so representing us. So at least we can try to be as considerate as possible, when posting something potentially cruel or undermining here.

Imo the entitlement here borders on gross sometimes and overall reflects on us as a whole.

Anyway let’s try to do our part as fans and give our guys as many reasons to come here, stay here and want to remain here, as possible and really stand on that business.

GO
What is wrong with the Cuffe thread? I went to it expecting to see a bunch of H0T Takes after reading this post. The craziest thing I saw was one poster had him as next years starting PG. I guess I don’t see what’s got your feathers ruffled. Perhaps a little too much of Grandpa’s cough medicine contributed to your 1am post last night?

What is wrong with the Cuffe thread? I went to it expecting to see a bunch of H0T Takes after reading this post. The craziest thing I saw was one poster had him as next years starting PG. I guess I don’t see what’s got your feathers ruffled. Perhaps a little too much of Grandpa’s cough medicine contributed to your 1am post last night?
Thought the same thing, one random and likely unrelated Instagram post is all there is. Honestly, this board is the least of their worries considering some of the stuff said on social media. If they’re looking for endless praise then fan boards are not for them.

This board is moderated pretty well and unfairly negative takes on players are either self-policed or policed by the mods if things start going off the rails. I haven’t seen a problem that needs to be addressed here.

I’ve also always assumed staff and players read some of what is posted. Not all of them, but for sure some of them. It would be odd if they didn’t.

Last edited:
This board is moderated pretty well and unfairly negative takes on players are either self-policed or policed by the mods if things start going off the rails. I haven’t seen a problem that needs to be addressed here.

I’ve also always assumed staff and players read some of what is posted here. Not all of them, but for sure some of them. It would be odd if they didn’t.
I agree on the mods keeping this board pretty solid. The Cuffe thread wasn't that bad and for me anyway the player critique comes part and parcel with the $. If you want to be in the money it comes at a cost.

While this board can have viewpoints that are a bit harsh on some players, rarely in my opinion are comments over the top. They might be dumb, inaccurate, or uninformed, but not out of line for a message board. I really wish that players and their families would stay away from a fan board like this, but if they choose to come, so be it. I don't think posters need to tippy toe on posting things because it might get back to a certain player. That's just my view. I also doubt that this board is any worse than any other major program fan board.

GO
Sports aren’t always rainbows and sunshine. If you want to be an athlete at an elite level you need to understand there will always be some form of criticism. It only gets more difficult the higher up you rise as an athlete.

I think that before these kids were paid, harsh criticism was a little unwarranted (They're just college kids after all remember?!). Now, some of these "kids" make grown a$$ money playing basketball for 300k + a year...with the massive paychecks comes the tough criticism. Want to get paid like an adult then you will get criticized and treated like an adult, like they do in the NBA. My take. Also, for the record.. I believe they deserve to be paid and am glad the NIL is a thing now. These kids bring in so much money for the University that they definitely deserve some of it. But if some 20 year old is going to make 200k more than I do for playing college ball, the least I can do is talk crap about his bad 3 point fg percentage or terrible rebounding lol

Last edited:
Not saying anything was wrong with the thread. I understand criticism comes with the territory of being an athlete.

Just pointing out that the players read the board (evidenced by posts in that thread) and imo it’s good to have that in mind.

They decided to come here and are working hard year round representing orange and they hope to put on for all of us.
Least we can do is support them and try to build them up and make this the best place possible for them to be.

the world of transfers and NIL has gotten crazy and become a bit out of hand…and since we’re not really a high roller, one way we can try to seperate us, is by being the best fan base we can be.

Anyway its just a general statement and observation…everyone is free to take it or leave it. :)

I think that before these kids were paid, harsh criticism was a little unwarranted (They're just college kids after all remember?!). Now, some of these "kids" make grown a$$ money playing basketball for 300k + a year...with the massive paychecks comes the tough criticism. Want to get paid like an adult then you will get criticized and treated like an adult, like they do in the NBA.

Yeah, I agree for the most part as long as the criticism isn't over the top. The thing about this portal/nil stuff is that for many of us, we're now more about supporting the jersey than the player. I didn't used to feel that way. However, when I know that a 1/3 of the roster is going to portal at the end of each year so they can further make more money, why should I as a fan be expected to support them as individual players? I'm loyal to all things Cuse, just no longer players. Don't get me wrong, I'll support them, but just not blindly like I once did.

Not saying anything was wrong with the thread. I understand criticism comes with the territory of being an athlete.

Just pointing out that the players read the board (evidenced by posts in that thread) and imo it’s good to have that in mind.

They decided to come here and are working hard year round representing orange and they hope to put on for all of us.
Least we can do is support them and try to build them up and make this the best place possible for them to be.

the world of transfers and NIL has gotten crazy and become a bit out of hand…and since we’re not really a high roller, one way we can try to seperate us, is by being the best fan base we can be.

Anyway its just a general statement and observation…everyone is free to take it or leave it. :)
Ya we know the players sometimes read these boards and their parents even post sometimes. A lot of us have been here for decades, so we have seen it all. The mods don’t let anything stay here that’s offensive or what they deem inappropriate.

I don't think it's evidence at all. More than likely Cuffe was vanity searching for his name on Twitter or Insta. I don't think many people under the age of like 40 use message boards.

Agree with the general tone though

Everyone sees what happens on the court.
Reaction - including hostile reaction within reason - should be expected.
That’s what fans do.

When it may get too harsh or speculative…that’s why the board has moderators.

Players can even comment themselves.
That circumstance would be very interesting.

i stirred up the Cuffe thread that had been dormant for a while ...by posting yesterday...

wondering about his role...and how he fits into the backcourt for the upcoming season...

and then saw his post later on twitter...

can't help but connect the dots

----

i think its a good reminder... I try not to be overly harsh or critical but we're all a bit obsessed on this board, for the most part...

but yeah it is good to keep in mind that the players will likely see what is posted on here...and that it does have an impact for good or worse

i think taylor's total loss of form this year was influenced by social media etc...

-----

i guess as fans - if we actually want the team to win...we should simply post positive things or nothing ???

i stirred up the Cuffe thread that had been dormant for a while ...by posting yesterday...

wondering about his role...and how he fits into the backcourt for the upcoming season...

----

i think its a good reminder... I try not to be overly harsh or critical but we're all a bit obsessed on this board, for the most part...

but yeah it is good to keep in mind that the players will likely see what is posted on here...and that it does have an impact for good or worse

i think taylor's total loss of form this year was influenced by social media etc...

-----

i guess as fans - if we actually want the team to win...we should simply post positive things or nothing ???
What did Cuffe say?

Well it is interesting that in the past I would have very much agreed with this take but now a days it is tough. These are pro players now. And more than that, in a lot of cases they are pro players who are directly paid by the fanbase instead of by club like NBA or NFL. On top of that, any semblance or even fantasy of loyalty on the part of the players has completely vanished. For the most part these are Paycheck Players as Jerry McGuire would call them. I understand that is not true of every single player, but the players have demanded this scenario and now they have it. They get the good with the bad. You want to be paid and treated like a marquee player then you better perform like a marquee player.

GO
Please please tell me that’s not true! Coming on this board is an act of masochism if you’re a player. Surely they go on instagram and other sites that are much more hip than this one.

I don’t mean to denigrate us at all. This is a great site and we have great, knowledgeable posters. But a player reading it??? Yikes!

----

-----

No, we have the right to post positives and negatives. But if players come on a fan board they are just asking for psychic trouble. Psycho trouble?

Have people been to other boards? That doesn't justify some of the bozo takes made here, but you should see other places. Not close.

This board is super tame compared to other message boards. If the negative comments on the message boards about players deterred players from committing to schools then the SEC wouldn't be getting all these players in football or basketball.

While this board can have viewpoints that are a bit harsh on some players, rarely in my opinion are comments over the top. They might be dumb, inaccurate, or uninformed, but not out of line for a message board. I really wish that players and their families would stay away from a fan board like this, but if they choose to come, so be it. I don't think posters need to tippy toe on posting things because it might get back to a certain player. That's just my view. I also doubt that this board is any worse than any other major program fan board.
Did you see the one hoping Judah gets embarrassed at his next stop. Not exactly an outlier.

GO
1713552625342.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom