Frost vs Babers? | Syracusefan.com

Frost vs Babers?

bothsocksup

Starter
Whats the advantage of Frost over Babers or visa versa. I know a little of Frost' background, but what about Babers? Why is he such an attractive option?

Whats the advantage of Frost over Babers or visa versa. I know a little of Frost' background, but what about Babers? Why is he such an attractive option?
It's not because of his defense, that much is for sure.

Head coach experience, dine great at two programs, worked under Briles at Baylor. Plus, he just looks like a BAMF.

The one ding vs Babers may be that the last group of hot MAC coaches havent really done so well in P5. Think Beckman, Hazzell, Hoke.

Love babers, worked for briles, june jones
Philosophy is to spread the field as wide as possible so defense becomes transparent and adjustments are useless
Wants to go as fast as possible, practices fast, plays fast, makes bad qbs (which we love) into leading country in total yardage
Likes to take shots deep 1 in 4 plays.
To me with the talent we'd be able to get we would be better off out scheming than out running

Love babers, worked for briles, june jones
Philosophy is to spread the field as wide as possible so defense becomes transparent and adjustments are useless
Wants to go as fast as possible, practices fast, plays fast, makes bad qbs (which we love) into leading country in total yardage
Likes to take shots deep 1 in 4 plays.
To me with the talent we'd be able to get we would be better off out scheming than out running

Thanks. I think first and foremost we need someone who can scheme. Because we're not going to be out talenitng anyone regardless of who we bring in. This isn't basketball or lax.

I would be amazed if we hire Frost and he pans out. Everyone assume that he will be able to turn SU into Oregon. Unless he happens to randomly be really, really good at schmoozing east cosaters, and we dump another $50 million into practice facilities, improve our weather, and convince FSU and Clemson to change their defenses, that won't happen. He will, however, probably very abruptly change our offensive schemes, and we will get to build an offense from ground zero ... again.

I will add I think these should be the only two choices for the head coaching position right now.

I will add I think these should be the only two choices for the head coaching position right now.
Lincoln Riley and Jeff Brohm should be over Frost imo. We'll see, though. Hopefully we'll find out more this week.

Lincoln Riley and Jeff Brohm should be over Frost imo. We'll see, though. Hopefully we'll find out more this week.

I don't think so according to the person making the decision. Maybe if you were AD then that would be the case.

I don't think so according to the person making the decision. Maybe if you were AD then that would be the case.
He told you he doesn't like those two? What else did he say? :)

Apparently Babers name is gaining traction

My biggest concern with him is who runs his D ... Bowling Green was garbage on D
Why worry about our D when we're dropping 30+ points per game with Babers

I would be amazed if we hire Frost and he pans out. Everyone assume that he will be able to turn SU into Oregon. Unless he happens to randomly be really, really good at schmoozing east cosaters, and we dump another $50 million into practice facilities, improve our weather, and convince FSU and Clemson to change their defenses, that won't happen. He will, however, probably very abruptly change our offensive schemes, and we will get to build an offense from ground zero ... again.

You must be great at parties

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom