FSU Game Thread... | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

FSU Game Thread...

The dude just airballed a 3 foot shot

He’s a freshman who should be playing spot minutes on a team where he can bring energy and ball movement. He’s got a good hoops iq, a good nose for the ball, and will have a fine handle for an acc forward when he gets stronger. Its an open question whether he’ll develop into a good shooter (he’s not now), but it’s certainly possible he will. Even if he doesn’t he is easily a legit rotation player in the acc by his junior year, and probably next year.

Yup. That was the game. Not enough depth to win in 2 OT’s once 3 starters had fouled out.

Yup. Brissett underwhelmed me in so many ways this game. Brissett is getting closer and closer to where this is the status quo. Disappointment.

Marek.....wow. :(

Yup. That was the game. Not enough depth to win in 2 OT’s once 3 starters had fouled out.
They are gassed. They cannot even get back. The lack of depth considering we are cuse is tough.

I get Tyus needs to score for us, but a line of 37-1-0 is just not good!

He’s a freshman who should be playing spot minutes on a team where he can bring energy and ball movement. He’s got a good hoops iq, a good nose for the ball, and will have a fine handle for an acc forward when he gets stronger. Its an open question whether he’ll develop into a good shooter (he’s not now), but it’s certainly possible he will. Even if he doesn’t he is easily a legit rotation player in the acc by his junior year, and probably next year.

Yup. Guys like Z Sims and Gbinije weren’t players for us until year 4 or 5. We can’t be writing freshmen off. None of them are ready. We’ve got nobody else though so they gotta play.

Super frustrating. Team plays really hard but we just don't have enough players. It's hard to get too mad since there's not much we can do to fix our main problem

What a shame. So many opportunities to win. Team just tired at the end and 3 players foul out. Turnovers killed SU. 8 assists in 55 minutes?? I've seen enough of Dolezaj to last me all season. Brissett? 3-13. Terrible.

They aren’t supposed to watch the clock either. Supposed to keep their own count.
I agree. And not that I wish it on anyone, but if you watch the replay the ref is staring at the shot clock in the backcourt and made the call the millisecond it went to 20.

They had a chance at the end of the first overtime and we missed. They forced the ball out of BAttle’s hand and we don’t have any other options. Tough loss but a great effort on the road. If something comes from this is that Washington can give Howard and Battle some breaks during a game. They can’t keep playing 40 minutes or today Battle playing 50 minutes.

The loss stinks. We should have won.

I am not giving up on these kids, though. We took the #3 team to the wire earlier this week and the #23 team to double OT. The kids can play, they just need to put things together at the same time. So close, yet so far. If they click, they will be dangerous.

On JB, he should use the press more and spell the starters, even if just 30 seconds on the clock. These kids (like every other kid) wants to run, get back to where teams fear the SU transition game.

I agree. And not that I wish it on anyone, but if you watch the replay the ref is staring at the shot clock in the backcourt and made the call the millisecond it went to 20.

Considering the job they did, I am not surprised at all.

So sick of the negativity of some "fans". Yes, this team is not as good as we would have liked, but there is still time to turn it around. This team should have been out of it after the first half, but they didn't quit. Maybe some of you need to!!

Washington did well running the point in the OTs. Doesn't help today, but is good for him in future and maybe gives JB a little more confidence in him (other option when needed).

This team plays hard, there are just not enough of them.

Hopefully this is a 2002 type development year. Hak, get in touch with OB.

It’s almost a blessing geno quit. So HoWash can get some burn this year.

Brissett is shooting 30% from the field and 31.8% from three on 70 FG attempts and 22 3PT attempts in ACC play. Obviously I'd like to see the 3PT% higher, but I can live with that. However, I can't stand it watching him automatically shoot every time he puts the ball on the floor or catches it in the paint. Every single time. When was the last time he passed it inside the perimeter?