FSU NIL Violations | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

FSU NIL Violations

See FSU you fudged around with the NCAA and got what you deserved. Bet you won't ever do that again.
This was my immediate suspicion too, that perhaps this was “political”, as in they created so many waves that they upset the NCAA.

Couldn’t happen to a nicer program.

They lost five scholarships over two years and 24-days of on-campus recruiting during academic year.

It ain’t nothing.

Guessing we are lucky that Adam W was redirected per se…

Perhaps, but with everything else going on with FSU regarding CFP/NCAA, ACC Suit, etc., this has the feel of a "Now, now... Don't get too big for your own britches, FSU" by the NCAA.

Deffo looks like they ruffled some wrong feathers at the NCAA and are being made an example of (and it's not like we don't have any similar experience...)

How many wins is Boeheim going to lose?

Oh no... Goosebumps just ran up the back of my neck reading that, thinking that he will somehow get baited into commenting on FSU's punishment in his new media capacity by someone.

Yes, I am neurotic, lol.

These guys aren’t aware that a recruit is just supposed to accidentally run in to the CEO of an affiliated NIL collective while visiting a school and leave with an idea of what he/she might make if they were to commit to the school but without actually being offered anything?

Of all the schools to make an example of, this would have been my first choice.

That said, I'm not smart enough to understand the precedent being set. Breaking the law in what seems like a lawless environment seems like a slippery slope. I guess, as long as we can learn something from FSU's misfortunate, then great.

Norvell is probably telling Alabama that he'll work for free the first year or two.

Is the issue that the student hadnt committed yet? So you can only do the contract after you’re an actual student as this was a clear inducement of NIL to play at that school? Isn’t this why other schools are vague and say we have good collectives but you sign after. I don’t get what the line is anymore. Besides maybe driving someone to the meeting and arranging it vs just having the collective reach out on their own.

How the heck does this NIL BS even work?
What Fustercluck they have turned college sports into!
Seems like an auction. Georgia's counter offer/bid must have been a doozy!

Well thank goodness the NCAA is on the job and has ensured that every single B10 and SEC school is in full compliance with all NIL and recruiting policies.

Kudos to the NCAA for ensuring the integrity of college football and an even playing field!

They lost five scholarships over two years and 24-days of on-campus recruiting during academic year.

It ain’t nothing.

Guessing we are lucky that Adam W was redirected per se…
Is the loss of scholarships really a big deal in the age of NIL? They can just pay a top recruit the difference as a walk-on and he pays his tuition, room and board and books out of the NIL.

Is the loss of scholarships really a big deal in the age of NIL? They can just pay a top recruit the difference as a walk-on and he pays his tuition, room and board and books out of the NIL.
Who is going to want to be classified as a walk on? They would have to pay tax on the extra NIL allocated for tuition. Plus scholarships are for four years. NIL is likely not guaranteed for 4 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom